OPO Invitation Sharing System for Forum Members

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexanderk
    Donut Apr 25, 2014

alexanderk , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Hi iloveoneplus and friends,
    Well done for an excellent idea and initiative.
    Forgive me if I missed any guidelines... The idea is that upon receiving an invite, one can then pass their own 3 invites to folks marked "N" down the spreadsheet, right? In this case when our invite arrives, let us (in our joy...) take a minute to update our status in the sheet to "Y" to help make the process more effective for everyone :)
    Έρρωσθε!

2. Albion106
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

Albion106 , Apr 25, 2014 :
    How is this not a good idea? This way, almost everyone can get the phone. Whoever has friends they want to pass the invite to, good, tell them to register on the sheet, they need to be a OnePlus member to get an invite, when they get here, you can give them your invite. This thread is looking to make the invite system for those who DON'T have anybody they know who is interested in the phone to do good, it's efficient and clean. It doesn't make sense why anybody wouldn't approve of an idea that simply tries to do something good with the system OnePlus has given us

3. mesh
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

4. Sunny Syan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 25, 2014

5. flynnsarcade
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

flynnsarcade , Apr 25, 2014 :

Good idea in theory, and everyone has the best of intentions when no one has any invites, but we will see what happens when they actually start to be issued. If I end up getting three invites, and no IRL friends are interested, I'll probably just start my own megathread here, for people to post amusing things in (bacon, goats, etc). One amusing/random post per person. Once I see, say 100 amusing things, or so, in the thread, I'll use a random number generator to make the selection(s), and give those people the invites. Done. Simple, fair, and I get to chuckle at some amusing things. :p

6. hecthorpe
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

7. Albion106
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

Albion106 , Apr 25, 2014 :
    And how is that more fair than what OP is doing here? Don't confuse Random with fairness, its not usually that straight forward. Here, people have a system they can follow which will give them invites eventually, no questions asked. OPO has already made this a selective process by the phone smash stunt, why would you want to make it even more selective for your amusement? You can do that, but I doubt people will prefer your one to this, It makes no sense :p

8. Ozark_8125
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

9. kyheng7
    Cupcake Apr 25, 2014

chagg likes this.
  10. dnb925art
    Froyo Apr 25, 2014

dnb925art , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Yeah initially when the first batch of people get their invites, it will be crazy, but once more and more people get their invites and it becomes saturated, as in when there are more invites than people who need them, then it will start to settle down. I think saturation will happen quite quick if people who get their invites purchase a phone right away so they get their 3 invites immediately so they can give them out.

11. dehoyosc
    Froyo Apr 25, 2014

dehoyosc , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Excelent. Please just add how many invites are going to be sent and when. Keep the good job.

12. agazza
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

agazza , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Will the invited people who also buys a phone, get their own invites? If not, this is useless.

But, if everyone who buys a phone get their own invites, this will grow exponentially times 3, so the internet will flood with invites in a few days, so the big question is. How many phones do they have in stock before it runs out?

13. mauritsdeppe
    Froyo Apr 25, 2014

mauritsdeppe , Apr 25, 2014 :
    Guys, isn't it a good idea if for saying, number 1392 receives a invite, that he invites number 1393 and number 1393 invites number 1394, number 1394 invites number 1395, and so on?!?!?!?!?!?

14. chrisbeu
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 25, 2014

15. mauritsdeppe
    Froyo Apr 25, 2014

mauritsdeppe , Apr 25, 2014 :
    The people who win the Smash contest can send invites to 3 people, after that, every body who receives a invite can send 1 invite to 1 person, I guess.

16. chagg
    Honeycomb Apr 25, 2014

chagg , Apr 25, 2014 :
    that is the spirit .. one invitation will spread immediately...

17. iloveoneplus
    Gingerbread Apr 25, 2014

NightHawk94 and NinoDolce1 like this.
  18. Ryan
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

Ryan , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Hopefully people that joined this list are chosen for the smash competition. This is a great way for those of us who have been involved with the forum to have a good chance of getting our hands on the opo. With 100 contest winners and 3 invites per winner, we can knock 400 people off of this list :) I think that would be an awesome thing to happen rather than just having those 100 people give them to their friends who may have not even cared about the phone before the contest.

Felix and Elijahblake like this.
  19. ziprom
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

20. Skejpr
    Donut Apr 26, 2014

Skejpr , Apr 26, 2014 :
    It is a very logical hypotesis..
    I understand it the same..