OPO Network Compatibility

1. rvsgowda
    Honeycomb Jan 7, 2015

rvsgowda , Jan 7, 2015 :
    I got my OPO today and it is not compatible with AIRTEL, i am not getting signals, when contacted AIRTEL helpline they said it may be a problem with the PHONE, when i spoke to ONEPLUS ONE Helpline, they said it could be a hardware problem and asking me to contact Service center. Does anyone have this problem in Bangalore??

2. VirtualApes
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 7, 2015

VirtualApes , Jan 7, 2015 :
    Nope tried both Vodaphone n airtel no problem
    Try chainging the preffered network to 3g or 2g
    Go to Setting-->Mobile Network --> Preffered Network Type --->2/3g Screenshot_2015-01-07-18-32-45.png

3. rvsgowda
    Honeycomb Jan 7, 2015

rvsgowda , Jan 7, 2015 :
    i tried all these options, no luck, called up both OnePlusOne and Airtel helpline, they have no clue on this and blaming on each other. could this be a particular Handset problem???

Guyz, pls reply, i am thinking to return it back if its a handset problem, very disappointed.......

4. ngchethan
    Donut Jan 7, 2015

ngchethan , Jan 7, 2015 :
    It might sound funny but check the SIM tray. You might have inserted it reversely. Some how OPO takes the SIM from both the sides.

If you are sure you have inserted the SIM on correct side then you might need to change the SIM. Because older SIM's are compatible with OPO.

BigP likes this.
  5. zeus.01.01.01.01
    Lollipop Jan 7, 2015

zeus.01.01.01.01 , Jan 7, 2015 :
    try using different sim and then report as this could be a problem with ur sim ..

abhibhan89 likes this.
  6. abhibhan89
    KitKat Jan 7, 2015

abhibhan89 , Jan 7, 2015 :
    It's most probably a fault in your device..
    I've used my OPO on Airtel network on 2G/3G in Delhi NCR, Gujarat and Rajasthan.. Works fine..

Get it checked at the service centre, if they give a TAT higher than the refund time on Amazon..
    I'd suggest you to return the device, and buy another with an invite..

EDIT: First try as quoted by @zeus.01.01.01.01

7. dikshanet
    Froyo Jan 7, 2015

dikshanet , Jan 7, 2015 :
    Try some other company sim and try inserting via both sides and if problem persist then immediately raise a return request with amazon for possible replacement or refund.

8. rvsgowda
    Honeycomb Jan 7, 2015

rvsgowda , Jan 7, 2015 :
    i was correct in inserting the SIM, i even checked with OPO helpline to make sure, i tried with 3 different AIRTEL sim, unfortunately i don't have SIM from other service providers, and all my three SIMs are working fine with exisitng IPHONE, Galaxy S4 and Xperia Z1 Ultra. i seriously doubt sim could be a problem.

9. BigP
    Jelly Bean Jan 7, 2015

BigP , Jan 7, 2015 :
    If other sim's work then need to return the device.
    But before please make sure you have all the settings set correctly. Be default preferred network is 4G

10. ajeesh9
    Honeycomb Jan 8, 2015

11. ChristyBaby45
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2015

ChristyBaby45 , Mar 27, 2015 :
    Does anyone know if the one plus one will work on the WalMart family mobile plan? And if it does, do I just have to put the SIM card in and that's it?

12. mild7
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2015

mild7 , Mar 28, 2015 :
    It might be silly :Dbut did you checked if accidentally set on aeroplane mode