Network/Connectivity

OPO On Screen nav/ hardware buttons not working

1. harish.krishnan Froyo Sep 18, 2016

harish.krishnan, Sep 18, 2016 :
    Bingo!! Thought this was scam so that all of us go and buy the no invite needed one plus 3. Seriously so many people same problem, how can it be??
    I myself am managing thinking that soon an update will solve the problem since 2 weeks, now I don't see a fix, actually there is another major issue i.e my Facebook App crashes after every minute, which is again a big reason to make you dump your phone :) !!

Seriously 1st we waited for an invite, then we got loads of invites, at least many of us must be proud that we shared them and made others proud owners of OPO but now this seems to be a bigger scam!!!!
    I also use the OP2 and it falls from my hand every second day still no issues noted!!
    So why is this OPO which used to be super smart and fast phone dying so early??
    Someone give us an answer, 1st we had that yellow screen crap and when you turned on Assistive Touch it disappeared a bit, now the same area we have the complete area of the screen dying and not responding!!
    Mods pls read and reply!!!
    Somebody help us....

2. Gabella001 Cupcake Sep 19, 2016

Gabella001, Sep 19, 2016 :
    Hello,
    I want to report the same issue. I've had my OnePlus 1 for exactly 1.5 years and the problem just started. I have been noticing unresponsiveness in the touchscreen since a few weeks but the problem was always fixed by restarting the phone. However, last week it finally died completely. The bottom part of the screen is totally unresponsive (including the capacitive buttons). The most annoying thing about this is that my phone was locked and now I cannot even unlock the device so it is totally useless. I just bought an OTG adapter and will try to connect a mouse today to see if I can unlock it. I have also bought a new screen/digitizer and will replace it to see if this fixes the problem. Will update later.

UPDATE (19/09):
    Bought the OTG adapter and connected a wireless mouse and was able to unlock the device. Then, I activated the on-screen nav buttons and 180-degree rotation and now I am able to use my phone. Very uncomfortable but it works. I am now going to back up all my data and proceed with the replacement of the digitizer.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016

HG2014 likes this.
  3. Gabella001 Cupcake Sep 19, 2016

Gabella001, Sep 19, 2016 :
    Please let us know if you are able to solve the issue by replacing the screen + digitizer.

4. CasperTFG KitKat Sep 20, 2016

CasperTFG, Sep 20, 2016 :
    LeEco Le Pro 3. To be announced tomorrow.

5. michelleermen Cupcake Sep 21, 2016

michelleermen, Sep 21, 2016 :

same
    unfortunately shipping of the screen and digitizer from China takes like a month so I have to be patient :p

6. vicky22283 Cupcake Sep 22, 2016

vicky22283, Sep 22, 2016 :
    I have one plus 2. I am also facing the same issue loke you guys. Hardware navigation button suddenly stopped working today morning. I tried every option but no luck. And worst is warranty also git over couple of days back. One good thing is that on screen buttons are working.

Please let me know of anyone knows the solution.

7. Nicola Turcato Honeycomb Sep 27, 2016

Nicola Turcato, Sep 27, 2016 :
    As now no updates related to this issue. I'm currently on the nightly branch... No way the phone doesn't work anymore. I'm starting hating this... 300€ lost :(

8. harish.krishnan Froyo Oct 10, 2016

harish.krishnan, Oct 10, 2016 :
    Guys do you still have these issues, my key pad is also fck%&@((( up. Ghost have enterded the phone, planning to courier the phone to Carl let's see how he manages to use it even for 10 minutes!!!

9. ruithealmighty Cupcake Oct 17, 2016

ruithealmighty, Oct 17, 2016 :
    I am reporting the exact same problem.

First the nav buttons started glitching and randomly clicking, then stopped working at all, at which point i turned the on-screen buttons. That was about a week ago, and all was good until (today) the on-screen ones stopped working as well. Tried soft and hard resetting, still the same. Turns out the whole bottom of the screen is unresponsive, with the dead area now "climbing" to the point i can't even click on the spacebar while typing.

Here is a screencast of me doing circles in the bottom of the screen, and, as you can see, from a certain point the whole thing dies.

I hope One Plus realises this problem and offers a fix under warranty, though they appear as irresponsive as the screen.

10. moulik2006 Cupcake Oct 18, 2016

moulik2006, Oct 18, 2016 :
    Yes, replacement solved my problem

Hi ruithealmighty,
    I was facing similar navigation bar issues (both H/W and S/W) with my OPO after CM13.1 update.
    Lower portion of screen was unresponsive, even after doing a factory reset and flashing Oxygen ROM/CM12.
    You can verify that screen sensitivity of a particular area is dead by enabling "Show Pointer Location"(Settings>>Developer Options>>Pointer Location)
    After verifying, and backing up my data(through OTG), I came to the conclusion to change my screen+digitizer.
    Now my OPO works like a charm. Have checked on both Oxygen and CM13.

ruithealmighty and Iriha like this.
  11. Iriha Eclair Oct 18, 2016

Iriha, Oct 18, 2016 :
    My phone is almost 1 years and 9 month old, and my hardware/capacitive buttons stopped working few days ago(((

12. cryptozephyr Honeycomb Nov 1, 2016

cryptozephyr, Nov 1, 2016 :
    Ok so I am the latest casualty in this group. My OPO's on screen button stopped working yesterday night. I have never used the hardware buttons and when i tried to turn off the on screen button to enable then...they are dead too.
    Anything above the on screen buttons is working fine. But if the problem is hardware as it seems to be from the previous posts and screen+digitizer need to be replaced..i am not sure if that is even worth. My phone is already 22 months old and I was looking to make a change in next 5-6 months. Looks like it will be preponed.

Has anyone done this replacement in any of the OPO service centers and what is the cost for the same?

HG2014 likes this.
  13. HG2014 Cupcake Nov 1, 2016

HG2014, Nov 1, 2016 :
    I've read this and have had a near flawless experience since November 2014 with my OnePlus one. Now my on screen buttons and the hardware buttons don't work at all in portrait. When I rotate the phone the on screen buttons work. This happened this morning after what I think were some updates on apps. Still after reading this thread I don't feel so alone. So is this it One Plus? You simply don't support your products?

14. HG2014 Cupcake Nov 2, 2016

HG2014, Nov 2, 2016 :
    Went through the ticket process, but the only option is an out of warranty RMA . I won't pay a few hundred dollars when I can just buy a new phone. Really disappointed this is how it ends with OnePlus.

15. michelleermen Cupcake Nov 8, 2016

michelleermen, Nov 8, 2016 :
    I'm still waiting for my new screen and digitizer to arrive (the first one that had to be delivered, failed). But for now I have rooted my phone and changed the screen resolution to make my phone usable. I'll keep you up to date.

16. G_Akram_Ahmad_LSWg Eclair Nov 8, 2016

G_Akram_Ahmad_LSWg, Nov 8, 2016 :
    Just asking, has no one found a solution other than digitizer replacement? The ifixit guide makes it look quite tedious.

17. michelleermen Cupcake Nov 11, 2016

michelleermen, Nov 11, 2016 :
    nope :/ you can't make dead pixels on a phone working again

this video should help you

18. michelleermen Cupcake Nov 22, 2016

19. HG2014 Cupcake Dec 5, 2016

HG2014, Dec 5, 2016 :
    So I avoided all the RMA process and went to a store in Astoria, Queens NYC https://ifixscreens.com/ I was blown away that they could replace my screen. They did and it works! I had to order the screen and when they received it, it took about an hour for the tech to replace it. Very happy with service and quality of the work. Under $70!!!

20. manishsrini Cupcake Jul 21, 2017

manishsrini, Jul 21, 2017 :
    Ok. Latest to have this trouble! Any solutions other than fixing the screen+digitizer??? Also its the 100th post. I can't believe the team has no response to this!