OpO on three network in UK

1. mikeneedsaphone
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

mikeneedsaphone , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Hey guys so i have had the opo for a week and the day it arrived i went and took a 12month contract with 3 as i heard its the best network for the 4g to work on the opo.

I never had a phone before or a sim card so its hard to test the sim in another phone.

The connectivity is AWFUL the phone reception is rarely maxed and even then it randomly drops to 1-2bars/ nothing for no apparent reason.

As for the internet connectivity its pretty bad too speedtest app gives me around 1mb dl :/ and is also pretty temperamental.

I live in London and I am always around Clapham and for this reason i don't suspect it's the network but i could be wrong....

Other then this, the phone is fine... A bit big.

Not noticed any yellow banding and the phone is pretty good.

I am semi competent so any technical advise/methods i could use to test would be appreciated.

mansa likes this.
  2. waynegracias
    Froyo Sep 4, 2014

waynegracias , Sep 4, 2014 :
    Try to manually find the three's 4G network and connect to it and see if it improves.
    If you don't see the three 4G network in your area most probably it's not covered or signal isn't strong there.
    Best to try outside the house in open air you will get better results and a better idea.
    Good luck.

3. greendragon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 4, 2014

greendragon , Sep 4, 2014 :
    @mikeneedsaphone Dial *#*#4636#*#* and choose the network type u want to use. I'll do a screenshot n post pic in a minute. I'm on 3 in wales. Reception is proper crap. This fixed it for me.

4. greendragon

Pick the top menu once dialed. Wer it says gsm auto(prl) there loads of options. This one works best for me. No lte in wales for me. Screenshot_2014-09-04-21-14-56.png

mikeneedsaphone likes this.
  5. mikeneedsaphone
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2014

mikeneedsaphone , Sep 4, 2014 :
    Thanks i have indeed done that it seems a lot better now. Thanks very much. I guess coverage in London sucks :/

greendragon likes this.
  6. greendragon

This is a tip I found on here. Wish I could remember the name to give him credit. Glad its helped.

7. mikeneedsaphone
    Gingerbread Sep 4, 2014

greendragon likes this.
  8. fgrhuhrg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 15, 2015