OPO problem with play store

1. siddhbasu
    Froyo Jan 13, 2015

siddhbasu , Jan 13, 2015 :
    Recently my colleague bought an OPO and he is facing a problem with play store from day 1. It shows error code 495. I tried to google it and found 2 solutions

1. Clear cache for play store and try again.
    2. Remove Google account, restart and try to add new account and try again.

Both the proceess worked but only lasts for few app download. After one or two app downloads its again throwing the same error and download/installation of apps stuck.

Could anyone help me with this please?

2. chandra.mukharjee
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2015

chandra.mukharjee , Jan 13, 2015 :
    I have also got my OPO day before yesterday. It is fine and no issues with Play store rather a problem with Contacts. Contacts goes blank and comes back only after reboot. No sure how to fix it...since contacts are most important part of your phone, it is driving me bad........

3. nandankn
    Donut Jan 13, 2015

4. siddhbasu
    Froyo Jan 13, 2015

I don't think theme will solve the problem

5. CosmicPaladin
    Jelly Bean Writers' Club Jan 13, 2015

CosmicPaladin , Jan 13, 2015 :
    Install CLEAN MASTER by downloading apk ... Run it .. Clear junk files and you're good to go :) - I came out of the issue last night doing this

Some cases have been solved by changing the theme !, I know its funny .. Give it a try

6. nandankn
    Donut Jan 13, 2015

nandankn , Jan 13, 2015 :
    It might seem to be silly, but many had this problem solved by changing theme.(Not specifically for the error code 495 though) Why not have a try?

7. Nurve
    KitKat Jan 13, 2015

Nurve , Jan 13, 2015 :
    Delete Goosle Account-Boot to recovery-Clear cache from recovery-Boot up- Add Google account. It should not resurface.

CosmicPaladin likes this.
  8. siddhbasu
    Froyo Jan 13, 2015

Will try installing clean master.

9. siddhbasu
    Froyo Jan 13, 2015

Could you please let me know how to boot in recovery mode?

10. CosmicPaladin
    Jelly Bean Writers' Club Jan 13, 2015

CosmicPaladin , Jan 13, 2015 :
    yep do that.. am 100% sure the JUNK clean up will fix your problem. I was facing this since 3 days and tried every freaking solution thrown at me :D

siddhbasu likes this.
  11. sureshgym
    Honeycomb Jan 13, 2015

12. Nurve
    KitKat Jan 13, 2015

Nurve , Jan 13, 2015 :
    Sir its Volume Down +Power till you feel a vibration

13. sumanbezawada
    Honeycomb Jan 13, 2015

sumanbezawada , Jan 13, 2015 :
    I have faced the same issue and clearing the cache in recovery mode doesn't helped me. This is play store issue and has nothing to do with OnePlus. I have seen this issue in my other phone Samsung Galaxy S3 as well. Hope google fixes this soon.

I have left the phone for couple of hours in that state and I see that few apps are updated successfully and few failed with error code 495. After that, when ever an app is hung in 'downloading..' state (for more than 10 sec), I am manually stopping it and starting it again. After few attempts it starts downloading.

14. Vinuraj
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 13, 2015

Vinuraj , Jan 13, 2015 :
    Best way is to try to clear cache and Data of Google Play store and Google Service Framework.
    • If that didn't help delete Google Play store update and try to get a new update for your Google Play Store

15. anupmahale
    Gingerbread Jan 13, 2015

anupmahale , Jan 13, 2015 :
    Did this work for you guys?

I had the same issue when I got my OPO; was not able to install or update apps. I had tried everything including factory reset with no luck. But sometimes when I cleared the data from Google Services Framework, I was able to download a couple of apps but after that the same story. This was happening on both wifi and mobile network. Then I rooted by phone, installed TWRP and installed the cm12 nightly. After this I am able to download all apps from PlayStore. Occasionally the download problem still pops up, but clearing the PlayStore cache rectifies this.

16. avisdelhi
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2015

avisdelhi , Jan 13, 2015 :
    To fix the error 495 in your device, please try these steps:
    Method 1:

• Go to Settings>> Application Manager or Apps>> Open “All” apps
    • From the list of apps find Google Play store >>Clear Data and Clear Cache
    • From the list of apps find Google Service Framework >> Clear Data and Clear Cache
    • Now install or update app from Google Play Store
    • If it still didn’t work try uninstalling Google Play Store updates first
    Method 2:

• Go to system settings>> Accounts>>Google>>remove your Gmail account
    • Now from settings>>Apps>>All> Force stop, Clear data and cache for Google Play Store, Google Service Framework and Download Manager (like in method 1)
    • Now again go to settings>> Accounts>>Google>>Add your gmail account
    • Restart your android and then accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings
    • Rerun Google Play Store and update or install your app.

17. nishantpoet
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2015

18. rahul.tiwari
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2015

rahul.tiwari , Jan 13, 2015 :
    I am also facing same issues with newly bought OPO phone and also I tried both the solutions
    1. Clear cache for play store and try again.
    2. Remove Google account, restart and try to add new account and try again.
    Both worked but only lasts for few app download. After one or two app downloads its again throwing the same error and download/installation of apps stuck.

Some body got any luck?

19. anupmahale
    Gingerbread Jan 14, 2015

anupmahale , Jan 14, 2015 :
    The only thing that worked for me was to install CM12. These are pretty stable barring a few features.