OPO recent fast battery draining

1. mt6462 Cupcake Nov 23, 2017

mt6462, Nov 23, 2017 :
    I had this exact same issue: Cyanogen Account was using a lot of battery, the phone was actually feeling warm all day, and the battery barely lasted me until evening. I think I found a permanent fix though which does not require resetting the phone or switching to Oxygen OS. I just found this solution this morning (7 hours ago) so I have no long-term experience, but my battery has gone from 84% to 69% (instead of being almost empty previously) during this time :)

Solution:
    1. Go to Settings -> Security -> Device administrators
    2. Disable "Cyanogen Account" and "Cyanogen Device Manager" (as stated previously, the services don't work anymore, so you won't loose any functionality)
    3. Go to Settings -> Apps -> "Three dots menu" -> Show system
    4. Scroll to Cyanogen Account and Cyanogen Device Manager on the list
    5. Force stop and disable both
    6. For good measure, reboot the phone
    7. Be happy -> Cyanogen battery hogs have not returned for me

2. matt_bg Cupcake Sep 14, 2018

3. OriginalKaniaan Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

OriginalKaniaan, Sep 14, 2018 :
    You seem informed enough, what do you think about Lineage or custom roms, never tried it on OnePlus since Pie is coming for my 3T and since my experience with custom roms on other deviced were buggy.

4. Mykson Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 14, 2018

Mykson, Sep 14, 2018 :
    I can really recommend customs ROMs for OnePlus devices. I tried many different custom ROMs on my old OnePlus One, but I liked LineageOS the most.
    Backup your important stuff and give it a try!

OriginalKaniaan likes this.
  5. vigneshmiller Gingerbread Sep 14, 2018

vigneshmiller, Sep 14, 2018 :
    Huge respect to those who use the beast Oneplus 1 still. I'm so jealous that I don't have one lol. I had Oneplus 3 and have Oneplus 6. But I always think its cool to have Oneplus 1 [e]1f44c[/e]. Hope you can make your battery life better
    Never settle

Mykson likes this.