1. jay ray
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 10, 2014

jay ray , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Well said...

Zen1988 likes this.
  2. jef Wen
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2014

jef Wen , Aug 10, 2014 :
    [​IMG] If you are confident about chinese constructor take the OPO..to me i've taken risks to buy OPO and I hope that I will not regret.

3. kidwelsh
    Eclair Aug 10, 2014

kidwelsh , Aug 10, 2014 :
    I just bought the G2 a couple days ago and I love it. I tried the G3 and it was pretty nice also.

4. CarDusan

CarDusan , Aug 10, 2014 :
    "So - that's my 2 pennies on G3 question."
    When it comes to OPO I deliver reviews as the phones are: OPO is another phone that will be realistically reviewed once I have it in my possession. One thing to keep in mind is that LG has been in cell phones business for a while now, and dropping the ball on screen quality of their flagship device, in my opinion is much larger issue than brand new company, making their first phone and catching heat on glitches they have with OPO. I guess I do not mind an early adopter approach on tech products :)

So, what I said about G3 will not change, even after I get the OPO: yes, my updated review may include quirks OPO has, but result will then be "neither" IF (and only IF) OPO turns to be worse pick than G3 is. Maybe cheap price does not warrant quirks in someones mind.

5. wilbarger
    Jelly Bean Aug 10, 2014

wilbarger , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Sure, I understand that this is only your opinion. I don't understand why you would want to give OPO a pass since they are a "new" company. How long has OPPO been in business? That is the real question as they are one in the same company. I also agree that the G3 should have a killer screen and from what I have read on many reviews is that it is very good. The main comment I see is that there is just not content available to get the most out of it.

I can assure that the OPO issues are not simply quirks. They are hardware and firmware issues that need to be addressed. Since there are so many people like yourself that are willing to give the early adopter approach towards OP, they will not fix, or recognize, the issues. Just my 2 cents worth. May not even be that much.

6. jag5508
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

jag5508 , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Not really get it on contract and it's at least $100 cheaper and you can get insured if you want .

7. cyc604

cyc604 , Aug 10, 2014 :
    OPO if u need an off contract, unsubsidized phone. G3 if you don't mind losing your unbeatable monthly plan.

8. CarDusan

I can see frustration you have with OPO and who is to say I don't end up with the unit that gives me those problems you are mentioning: OPO phone launches at the very affordable price... G3 does NOT!
    Screen on G3, please do read all the reviews but what matters the most is you as a user either liking the screen or not liking it! Bottom line: 14-day return policy for OPO... if faulty unit, return it, then pay twice as much to get G3 and then please review it as well once you get it.
    What that will do is a natural process of a customer - to stick with one product, as long as it is satisfactory. If not, you move on to another unit.

On the OPO end, I am not sure how am I giving the pass to OPO - because like I said, I do not have the phone yet, and will not write a review based on unhappy current users bash, or reviews that I simply read. I will write a review once I have used the phone and consider I've seen enough to share my experience with broad public which will have my signature :)

Having said all this, are you still within 14-day return period, and has any of the issues been looked into? If you cannot return, do you think you should sell your phone?

9. davebush
    Cupcake Aug 10, 2014

davebush , Aug 10, 2014 :
    I don't know about the G3, but my wife just got the HTC M8 and its awesome. I can't believe the OPO has sound as good as Boombox or the camera as good as Zoe and Duo Camera. Can anyone advise? Clearly can't get my hands on an OPO to compare.

Do I wait till say Christmas for a OPO invite or get the awesome M8 now?

10. Nomelas

Nomelas , Aug 10, 2014 :
    what a pointless thread lol. Why come in to forum dedicated to the OnePlus One and ask its members if they prefer something else?

11. frewys
    Froyo Aug 10, 2014

frewys , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Honestly I really like the G3.
    They are supposed to release a bootloader unlock to which makes it even more interesting.
    My passion for OPO is really the Dev scene. There are really tons of great people on the OPO where as the G3 is good but not as great for dev. Plus price is always interesting.

Winner OPO.

12. DimitrisMat
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2014

DimitrisMat , Aug 10, 2014 :
    If you dont care about the money...i would go G3.
    I like the design very much, spec wise are almost the same.

13. Kenz
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2014

Kenz , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Personal preference really.

Both the LG G3 and OPO are winners in my books, for their own strengths.

CarDusan likes this.
  14. Go2simon
    Eclair Aug 10, 2014

15. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Aug 10, 2014

tEf0o , Aug 10, 2014 :
    Have both,
    They do have there ups and downs those two.

16. CarDusan

Unfortunately "contract" in my case was nothing but the enemy to my pocket.
    Before tmobile got iPhone, I switched to Verizon and got two iPhones ($400 + taxes + applecare for each $200 - total about $660).. also, I had to sign the contract I will be paying $60 MORE than what my Tmobile plan was at that time, so I signed up (never had iPhone so my 5 was the first one - and last one lol)... anyhow, these days looks like the plans are bit better, but thinking from the contract perspective, that gives right to Verizon or other carriers to throttle you down like they did me, and not deliver what you are paying and have the contract for. So after all was said and done 24mox$60 plus we spent $660 to get the phones and apple care for two years, $2100 total (not counting $100/mo that Tmobile has for two lines (at least had before, not it is $80)...

If getting two lines, but buying only one phone (second user has existing phone that works with both carriers)
    Tmobile no contract: OPO $350 + 80 for two lines with 2.5GB each of high-speed data OR
    Verizon contract: G3 $200 (or if there is a discount $100) and 2GB of high speed for each line, then overage charge if you go over... monthly, it will cost you $150.

So after all:
    Tmobile cost with the phone is 2270 for two years worth of bills... includes $350 paid for OPO
    Verizon cost with the phone is 3800 for two years worth of bills... includes $200 paid for LG G3

So after all any carrier offering "contracts" is nothing less but a rip-off and no, you do not end up paying cheaper for the phone - but much more overall.
    We can call it however we want, but money goes out of pocket on monthly basis; 2-yr contracts just manage to squeeze much more without us really paying attention.

17. cretu
    Honeycomb Aug 10, 2014

cretu , Aug 10, 2014 :
    The nexus 4 was not 4 inch. Lol. Smart

18. FelixB
    Gingerbread Aug 10, 2014

FelixB , Aug 10, 2014 :
    I like the LG3 the camera ... but the oneplus one has the better design and i like CM soo much soo the i would go with the oneplus ONE

and the G3 is sooo expensive

19. Jumpi1234
    Jelly Bean Aug 10, 2014

Jumpi1234 , Aug 10, 2014 :
    even without the price included, OPO REKS THE G3
    you're getting all those better features and you're getting a better camera and better batterylife

20. CarDusan

Well, it is kind of off-topic :)