OPO vs note 3 vs nexus 5

1. SomeSayImHandSome
    Sep 6, 2014

SomeSayImHandSome , Sep 6, 2014 :
    its called google.com not the same thread over and over. you want opinions best way is play with them in the store. not what someone else thinks

2. oneeyedhobbit
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2014

oneeyedhobbit , Sep 6, 2014 :
    There is scant little info about the OPO available via google.com, partially because the company decided to be clandestine and implement a ridiculous invite pre-order system. I don't think its off the wall to ask how a device works (given the number of users complaining about customer service issues or refused RMAs for what are blatant defects) on a forum that is supposed to be a "community" built around the device.

Edit: and if we can't order the opo online, don't pretend that "playing with them" in store is an option.

markschoch likes this.
  3. SomeSayImHandSome
    Sep 6, 2014

the other 2 = store

4. oneeyedhobbit
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2014

Sure, but that doesn't solve the issue of being unable to handle the OPO in a store. I'm just offering OP my own views of the OPO. Feel free to disagree, but I don't think it should cause a ruckus if I don't toe the company line in their forums.

5. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2014

n19htmare , Sep 6, 2014 :
    I can tell you first had that Nexus is either faster or same at nearly all tasks and apps I tested. Don't believe me...get a nexus and an OPO and compare yourself.
    Not only that but the Nexus 5 is smooth all around.
    It's called software optimization.

People can throw benchmark numbers all they want....the numbers don't translate to real world performance.

having said that.........I would advise you don't get anything right now. Nexus 6 is around the corner.

markschoch and Skf123 like this.
  6. SomeSayImHandSome
    Sep 6, 2014

if you care about battery dont get a nexus. and plz dont cry about 33r even in the state its in. leaps over nexus

7. oneeyedhobbit
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2014

Would love some quantitative data to back up that "leaps over nexus" statement. The nexus 5 was a kick *** phone for its price point, just as the OPO is striving to emulate. If they made some mistakes in 33r (or any other software release) there shouldn't be any need to gloss over it, as seems to be the OPO way =/.

8. SomeSayImHandSome
    Sep 6, 2014

i had everyphone known to man. including a nexus. so i say leaps .

9. oneeyedhobbit
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2014

Pretty sure you don't even know what quantitative means. GLHF.

10. SomeSayImHandSome
    Sep 6, 2014

i know what it means. i guess your foolish not to read in-between the lines. that i am telling you IDC LEAPS I SAY LEAPS.. shove quantitative D1cks in your mouth LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

11. Iseek1
    KitKat Sep 6, 2014

Iseek1 , Sep 6, 2014 :
    ...you offering OP your own views...right shouldn't cause a ruckus, or be cause to call someone an idiot either, eh?

12. agrima
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 6, 2014

agrima , Sep 6, 2014 :
    Go with the OPO note 3 is not close to opo wait for nexus 6 also dont go ebay y are better off if y go to swappa.com reasonable or wait it out like we all have it was over 3 months before I goy my crown
    Jewel OPO

13. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2014

That's such a fanboyish comment. I sat here and compared Nexus to 33r OPO... the Nexus was either faster at opening apps or the same! I just sold the OnePlus, wish I had a made a video cuz I knew there would be people like you who have NO IDEA.

33R leaps ahead of Nexus, what it is you are smoking...pass it along. The nexus is a more fluid OS, better stability all around and again..... SAME OR FASTER than OPO due to software optimization being able to take full advantage of all the hardware it has.

Oneplus has no control over software and it's optimization, it relies on CMOD for that. CMOD relies on firmware from manufacturers. If the manufacturer does not provide good firmware or refuses to provide updates.....well.... then what? i.e Synaptics is a prime example of that. You gotta jump through 3 different holes just to get shit figured out! lol

Skf123, oneeyedhobbit and markschoch like this.
  14. xxqxpxx
    Donut Sep 6, 2014

xxqxpxx , Sep 6, 2014 :
    i love how you keep fighting and not actually giving a damn about the damn post :D

15. markschoch
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2014

markschoch , Sep 6, 2014 :
    On paper, but there is another type of performance people always overlook. The user experience. You can call it usability or even accessibility, All pretty much the same thing. What the flagships have going for them is they have been in the game a long time. Since the start of smartphones. So when they made all of their little mistakes or had any hardware or software that needed to be overhauled or tweaked, none of us knew better. We were mezmorized by this new technology called a smartphone.

Since then I have had every iPhone up to the 4s and then swi ched sides to android and have had the Samsung Galaxy 3 and 4 and the Note 2. I was about to get the Note 3 when I decided to go for the "flagship killer". I'm so used to smartphones I notice every little thing that doesn't quite work right. I'm sure most of us are like this. You can't tell me it doesn't bother you if it takes an extra tap or two to do something then it did on your old phone. There are enough of these little annoyances that allows me to say that this phone is good, it's fast, but it is not the flagship killer it was proclaimed to be. I'm still thinking about getting the Galaxy Note 3. I loved the Note 2 from the beginning. IMHO it's a fun phone to have. I use it about half the time and the OPO the other half. I just don't enjoy the OPO like I though I would. Nothing special about it. Its like every other top end smartphone. They all have their positives and negatives.

n19htmare likes this.
  16. markschoch
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2014

markschoch , Sep 6, 2014 :
    Well said.

n19htmare and oneeyedhobbit like this.
  17. oneeyedhobbit
    Gingerbread Sep 6, 2014

Ok, you've got me there--my post was a little abrasive. Reread yours, though, and tell me why OP would listen to your "polite" opinion. When you tell someone they can't decide for themselves, you don't usually receive positive responses.

18. SomeSayImHandSome
    Sep 6, 2014

how can it be faster. there is no noticeable difference in performance. you are def a crack head. i like how fan boy gets thrown around when i had every phone that came out. first of all i said battery. i didn't say performance. your the fan boy. who get butt hurt offended when they talk about there terrible battery and rattly buttons and muffled mic LOL get some lube

19. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Sep 6, 2014

same to you :). Some people just don't get it and they have such a boner for synthetic benchmarks that don't mean a damn thing.

Apple is able to offer a smooth, fluid experience with slower processors and less ram because they have highly optimized software to take full advantage of hardware throughout the phone. There's a reason it sells 100s of millions of devices a year at a premium price. People would rather have a smooth and good user experience than have good specs on paper that translate to diddly squatty squat.

markschoch likes this.
  20. Iseek1
    KitKat Sep 6, 2014

Iseek1 , Sep 6, 2014 :
    OK, peace, but I was giving my opinion based on my 66 years on this good earth, and I have seen over and over again people asking someone else to decide for them only to turn around and blame them every time they have a problem with the item, thing or place that was recommended to them.

Skf123 likes this.