OPO vs. Note 3

1. AlexNJ
    Froyo Aug 18, 2014

AlexNJ , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Hi Folks!

I am thinking of getting either OPO or Note 3 sometime soon. Once Note 4 is announced in Sept, one can likely get the Note 3 under $400, which is close to the OPO, and without waiting and begging for an invite. Can you tell me 5 reasons you would still prefer the OPO?

Thanks!
    Here is my follow up note (Sep 9, 2014):
    Thanks all for your comments; here is my update: I was lucky enough to get an invite from some kind NY geek, and I am using the OPO as my daily driver for a couple of weeks. I am very happy so far, and have already tried a few things to make it even better (wireless charging at home and in the car; Bluetooth audio/calling in the car, etc.) and use it as a productive tool (BT keyboard/mouse, office applications, OneNote, Miracasting to PC display and TV {converts OPO with BT keyboard/mouse in a mini-PC), etc.}.
    I already have my answer to the topic of this post: OPO (with some minor adds on) is better than Note 3 (and, possibly, Note 4) as a productive tool. The key solution was to find good enough yet affordable stylus that works with OPO, and the software that allows to do handwritten text input (including OCR) to ANY Android package (emails, notes, office, etc.). I have tried a few things, and found both stylus and software. The advantages vs. Note3/4 are not just price, but the versatility, interface, and freedom to do what you want/need. I will follow up with details in a special post.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

epresnell1 likes this.
  2. Elas
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2014

jay ray and Benjanz like this.
  3. mandar45
    KitKat Aug 18, 2014

4. Hodor
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2014

CarDusan likes this.
  5. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Aug 18, 2014

Hanson Lee , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Fits to my pocket perfectly.

Has a rough surface to clear my cum.

Two reasons are enough for why I would still prefer the OPO.

Note 3 TouchWiz shit.

Ivanpoocky13 and Hodor like this.
  6. dbanez25
    KitKat Aug 18, 2014

7. donalgodon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 18, 2014

donalgodon , Aug 18, 2014 :
    I have the Note 3 and the OPO and it's tough to choose between them, so I kept both!

Really, I use my Note as a "daily driver" and my OPO as a development and testing device, but I could easily switch over to it without a problem and not miss a beat.

Each has some advantages over the other, so there's no perfect or easy way to distinguish which is "best" for you.

Pranaw, Iseek1 and Alexmoorlag like this.
  8. riffraff81
    KitKat Aug 18, 2014

riffraff81 , Aug 18, 2014 :
    i'd take the ONE as 1+ is a company that isn't gonna charge you $700 for a top tier flagship.

support the companies that support your wallet.

noobtubed1875 likes this.
  9. Elas
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2014

Elas , Aug 18, 2014 :

Does it absorb it all? that is definitely a feature !

10. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Aug 18, 2014

Hanson Lee , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Nope. But however after rubbing your dirty hands you can use tissue to clear it.

And it is reusable.

Elas likes this.
  11. Jcoboy
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2014

12. Elas
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2014

Elas , Aug 18, 2014 :
    I guess the opo's like :
    [​IMG]

djrasul and Hanson Lee like this.
  13. Elas
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2014

Elas , Aug 18, 2014 :
    And say babye to your warranty

harshadkmishra likes this.
  14. sien5
    Froyo Aug 18, 2014

sien5 , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Knox crap and all the bloatware... depends though... Will you use the s-pen? multiwindow?all those air gestures?
    Oneplus one does what its supposed to do....
    Note 3 is laggy compared to the oneplus.... especially the gallery app. :p
    Your choice, but I would go for the oneplus man, be unique :D

15. autobot
    Gingerbread Aug 18, 2014

aponbla likes this.
  16. AlexNJ
    Froyo Aug 18, 2014

AlexNJ , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Thanks for sharing! I thought the Note 3 might work better for me:
    1. The stylus, handwrite recognition (somehow it works better than typing for me when taking notes, creating something, etc.)
    2. SD memory expansion
    3. Removable battery
    4. Amoled (nice blacks, better outdoor)
    5. OTG (incl. connecting ext. monitor/TV)

17. donalgodon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 18, 2014

donalgodon , Aug 18, 2014 :
    IF it's not Exynos based, which in my case, it is... sadly.

18. Traverse6
    Jelly Bean Aug 18, 2014

Traverse6 , Aug 18, 2014 :
    Note 3 has older specs than OnePlus One, TouchWiz sucks balls, Note 3 is still more expensive than 1+1 and also - for me, Note is too big. Phone's screen size should end on 5.5".

19. kinx8
    Honeycomb Aug 18, 2014

kinx8 , Aug 18, 2014 :
    don't like Korean phone
    don't like screen bigger than 5.5"
    don't like brand apps
    like OPO with customizable rom
    like OPO for being difference

sien5 likes this.
  20. Iseek1
    KitKat Aug 18, 2014

Iseek1 , Aug 18, 2014 :
    I have both the Note 3 (32 GB) and the OPO (64 GB), I use the Note 3 as work phone and the OPO as my personal phone and I love them both and they are both fantastic devices.
    I hear / see a lot of people say negative things about Touchwiz (Samsung's UI), however if you do not like it quite simply install and use a different launcher.
    If you are a fan of stock Android and know anything about CyanogenMod, you will really appreciate the OPOIf you think that you will get a lot of use or have a need to have / use the stylus, the Note 3's works incredibly well.
    The Note 3 and the OPO are very close size wise with the OPO being just slightly narrower and both have amazing screens, even though they are different technologies, Amoled vs IPS and their batteries, both get me through the day with power to spare.
    Hard to choose one over the other.

Pranaw and donalgodon like this.