OPO vs. Note 3

1. Kenz78
    KitKat Aug 19, 2014

Kenz78 , Aug 19, 2014 :
    it s good choice, if u are willing to go thru the rooting process (even without rooting, it is still a great phone). i have to say note3 is a beast

AlexNJ likes this.
  2. grrremlin
    Honeycomb Aug 19, 2014

grrremlin , Aug 19, 2014 :
    I own both. I'll be keeping the Note 3!

And watch how OP scythe through this thread:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/re-yellow-screen.40239/page-191

deleting posts that challenge them, because they know that the yellow band issue is potentially death to them, and they'd rather censor people than deal with it!

3. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Aug 19, 2014

n19htmare , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Majority of people in this thread have never used a Note 3 and do not own a note 3 at all. They're just riding OPO's cock at the moment so they are a tad biased and really on something.

If you have used both.... it would be pretty obvious that Note 3 is still the better choice. Infact... ask most any Note3 and OPO owner.

Kenz78, AlexNJ and Deactivated User like this.
  4. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Aug 19, 2014

n19htmare , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Make sure you come back and tell these people. Because you're in a rude awakening with the OPO lol.

5. Traverse6
    Jelly Bean Aug 19, 2014

Traverse6 , Aug 19, 2014 :
    I would get 1+1. Solely 'cause after owning one Samsung phone. I vowed never to get Samsung again. :p

6. HappyTroll
    Aug 19, 2014

HappyTroll , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Respect your choice, but Samsung has great hardware, great Customer service & RMA (Compared to...)

AlexNJ likes this.
  7. sleepdragonone
    KitKat Aug 19, 2014

sleepdragonone , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Alex, why do you need 5 reasons, all you need is one, because it's the one. 5 reasons would confuse you more, stick with the one.

8. Traverse6
    Jelly Bean Aug 19, 2014

If I was not able to buy a 1+1, I'd just wait and get another iPhone. 1+1 is the only Android phone I ever considered to be worthy of replacing my 5. And if Apple went bankrupt or stopped making iPhones for some reason, I'd turn my attention to either HTC or Motorola. :)

9. HappyTroll
    Aug 19, 2014

HappyTroll , Aug 19, 2014 :
    Now, LG is on fire now !
    They learned from the past, great devices now !

Part of my devices collection :

[​IMG]

Kenz78 and AlexNJ like this.
  10. Traverse6
    Jelly Bean Aug 19, 2014

Or maybe LG... but I've had one of their phones too and vowed never to get an LG again either. Samsung and LG were the sh*ttiest phones I had but I will take your word for it. ;)

11. FXOjafar
    Honeycomb Aug 19, 2014

FXOjafar , Aug 19, 2014 :
    I have CM on my Note 2. Screen is smashed though so I don't use it.

12. vjuricic
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 19, 2014

vjuricic , Aug 19, 2014 :
    I do not have a reason. I waited patiently and got it. So if you want to wait some more time ok if not buy Note 3. :p

13. AlexNJ
    Froyo Sep 8, 2014

AlexNJ , Sep 8, 2014 :
    Thanks all for your comments; here is my update: I was lucky enough to get an invite from another kind NY geek, and I am using the OPO as my daily driver for a couple of weeks. I am very happy so far, and have already tried a few things to make it even better (wireless charging at home and in the car; Bluetooth audio/calling in the car, etc.) and use it as a productive tool (BT keyboard/mouse, office applications, MS OneNote, Miracasting to PC display and TV, etc.).
    I already have my answer to the topic of this post: OPO (with some minor adds on) is better than Note 3 (and, possibly, Note 4) as a productive tool. The key solution was to find good enough yet affordable stylus that works with OPO, and the software that allows to do handwritten input (including OCR) to ANY Android package (emails, notes, office, etc.). I have tried a few things, and found both. The advantages vs. Note3/4 are not just price, but the versatility, interface, and freedom to do what you want/need. I will follow up with details in a special post.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014