OPO Wifi and Signal Issues

1. arunkrish123
    Honeycomb Sep 4, 2014

arunkrish123 , Sep 4, 2014 :
    Would be happy to see whether my OPO has such issues. Once I get an invite to buy one!

2. SPritc
    Eclair Sep 4, 2014

SPritc , Sep 4, 2014 :
    I use Three in UK. I get regular signal drop outs and data connection issues on my OnePlus one. I could be sat still and watch my signal drop from full to no signal and back again. (I fact while typing this its does it twice)

This signal drop out has a big effect on my data connection. I often find data times out and I have to toggle airoplane mode to reconnect. As I still live in a non 4G area. I have changed to 3g to try and resolve. This has not helped.

Very disappointing

3. Onezerosix
    Donut Sep 8, 2014

Onezerosix , Sep 8, 2014 :
    I have no issues connecting to my Asus router but I can't connect to Netgear router at work. Setting for both is basically the same since I'm the one set them up.
    I could have my iPhone next to it with full signals but my OPO doesn't have any connection. This is weird

4. naughtycalvin
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

naughtycalvin , Sep 16, 2014 :
    So after exchanging many emails with "Support" (!!) team, they were not able to resolve the WIFI signal issue. They suggested it to RMA/replacement. Anyone gone through this process?

5. naughtycalvin
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

naughtycalvin , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Which Netgear router you have at work? And what do you see when you try to connect?

6. greendragon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 16, 2014

greendragon , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Ther has been a post about this already by someone, u go into *#*#4636#*#* and change your carrier setting. I changed mine to gsm auto(prl). Instant result.

7. naughtycalvin
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

8. greendragon
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 16, 2014

greendragon , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Keep tryim them. I'm in wales. Signal is crap, this really helped me out

9. supphone
    Eclair Sep 28, 2014

supphone , Sep 28, 2014 :
    my hone WIFI frequently disconnect and reconnect recently. Did yo guy see it?

10. Nomejoda
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2014

Nomejoda , Oct 7, 2014 :
    Just received my phone yesterday and am having the same issues while at work. I haven't had enough home time to play and see if it's the same. While at work, I stream music over wifi, the phone keeps loosing the connection and times out. It doesn't completely disconnect from the network but acts as if it doesn't receive data.

I do use bluetooth while streaming but am unsure if this adds to the problem. Going to troubleshoot with wifi on/off and with/without bluetooth and see if anything helps. Coming from a S3 and didn't have issues. Could be app related for me also. Lots of variables to pick through.

dhillonv likes this.
  11. .crobin
    Honeycomb Oct 8, 2014

12. .crobin
    Honeycomb Oct 8, 2014

13. AWretchSavedByGrace
    Eclair Oct 8, 2014

AWretchSavedByGrace , Oct 8, 2014 :
    Odd indeed. I'm also on 3 (UK), and yesterday (before updating to 38R) I was achieving 22mbps (H+, no LTE here), and today (since updating) I'm getting 0.4mbps!!! This is worrying to say the least.

14. SPritc
    Eclair Oct 9, 2014

SPritc , Oct 9, 2014 :
    I know its not been long, but are you still having this slow speed issue (down to 0.4) or do you think that was just a network issue??

15. AWretchSavedByGrace
    Eclair Oct 9, 2014

AWretchSavedByGrace , Oct 9, 2014 :
    Just done a speedtest in the same seat I had previously done it. 4.82mbps today. This is still WAY below the 22mbps I got earlier this week. Network issue? Maybe.

16. ducatirider
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2014

ducatirider , Oct 12, 2014 :
    I just got this PoS phone and I totally regret it. Never get a decent stable wifi connection in my home. My iPhone 5 works flawlessly connecting to the exact same websites. Ready to throw this out the window. Firmware up to date, reboot, tried several wifi apps. Nothing works.

17. Huck43
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2014

Huck43 , Oct 28, 2014 :
    Is every phone plagued by these problems or specific to just bad phones? I have a netgear nighthawk that is a very highend router that no phones, computers, laptops, ipads, or tvs have any problem connecting too. My oneplus on the other hand has just had constant issues with either dropping connection randomly, not being able to find the 5ghz connection if I am more than one room away from the router, and terrible speeds upon the chance I am able to connect.

For comparison, my $30 LG L34C beater phone to hold me over till my invite for the oneplus can't connect to 5ghz, but on 2.4ghz it can get 30 mb/s download no problem while my oneplus gets .4 mb/s in the same room downstairs (router being upstairs) assuming it maintains the connection long enough to complete the test. I understand cutting costs to get certain specs at a certain pricepoint, but I can't believe this is the intended performance on a $375 phone when a $30 phones wifi is 75 times as fast.

18. Huck43
    Cupcake Oct 30, 2014

19. aroshlakshan
    Cupcake Nov 2, 2014

20. Amko
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2014

Amko , Nov 3, 2014 :
    With my OPO I have WiFi problems. (Iphone, Ipad, Former HTC One M8 and notebook work fine)

I realised it with the Facebook App and in the Google Play Store.
    When I open the Store and go e.g. to games section, it shows me the games apps but not their pictures. If I turn off WiFi it works well.
    Same in Facebook, I can read the comments but can't see the pictures. Again, turning off WiFi and using my mobile connection works fine.

I turned off the wifi optimization, but it didn't help.
    It increased the download speed (Speedtest App from Ookla) to 25 Mbits (from 12 with wifi optimization) but the surfing problem remained the same..no pictures in Google Play Store e.g.
    Im getting 40 Mbits with my Ipad 3 (without losing any) and 60 mbits with my Notebook.
    It's like the phone is saving data volume from my internet connection for no reason.
    With my 3G from my provider there is no surfing issue!!

I restarted the phone (shut down, wait 10 sec, turn on), turn off and on the wifi optimization, checked my WiFi-Channel with "WiFi Analyzer".

When i turned on the flightmode and then turned on only WifI, I got 55 Mbit download! My connection worked fine for a few minutes and went back to 12 Mbit (with optimization) and 25 Mbit (without optimization)

How can I fix this issue? Surfin with WiFi at home is not possible like that, even when I'm getting 25 Mbit as downloadspeed, which would be more then fine to surf on the phone..

Im running the newest: 11.0-XNPH38R
    Please support, tell me something or take back this phone before I wrack it and post a video "smash the simple present"..