OPO Won't even go into Fastboot!

1. timpastry
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2014

timpastry , Nov 5, 2014 :
    Hi all, so I received my OPO a few days ago and have decided to flash it to Franco kernel in order to increase battery life.

I'm completely new to Android and rooting, but I decided to start since I believe I've done sufficient research.

My phone won't even boot into fastboot when I hold up volume button or power off.

What's going on here?

2. twacrs
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2014

twacrs , Nov 5, 2014 :
    uhhh ok there are so many things that could be going on here. Is your phone off? why? Did this happen right after flashing the kernel? Can you turn it on?

details bruh

3. timpastry
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2014

Nah bruh, haven't flashed anything yet. I think its a problem I'm having with drivers. Like I haven't even unlocked bootloader (that's what I'm trying to do currently) and it was when the phone was off. I can turn it on normally.

4. hunter0389
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2014

hunter0389 , Nov 5, 2014 :
    Assuming you have developer options turned on, check the "advance reboot" box. Press the power button to bring up the reboot menu. Select boot loader.

5. malidan
    Nougat Nov 5, 2014

malidan , Nov 5, 2014 :
    Sounds like you got a bad factory flash, try power and volume down for recovery if you can get into that, swing over to Dev and pickup a rooted bacon Rom and flash it.
    Good luck.

6. skimakcx
    Eclair Nov 5, 2014

skimakcx , Nov 5, 2014 :
    Sometimes it will not go into fastboot if it is connected to the computer. Unplug and try again

7. timpastry
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2014

Thanks I managed to get the bootloader unlocked and tried to flash TWRP recovery, how long does it usually take to get out of Fastboot Mode?

8. ashishz
    Cupcake May 26, 2015

ashishz , May 26, 2015 :
    Facing the xacty same issue. Please tell me how you unlocked yours?

9. Deactivated User
    May 26, 2015