OPT battery stats..with screen shots..need advice

1. krishmsai
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2015

krishmsai , Dec 4, 2015 :
    hello folks ,i have been using OPT for a while now,as you can see from the screen shots my avg SOT usually hovers around 5 hours by the time i hit 20% battery, i have observed that apart from the screen ,almost all the time a significant amount of the battery is taken by android system ,i have used note 2 previously ..android system power intake always remained somewhere down the line in battery stats,IS THIS NORMAL or a FAULTY BATTERY issue??
    kindly advice

(posted stats and impressions are based on 2.1.1 stock oxygen os without any mods,recently updated to 2.1.2 only to find that it has a bug which keeps one of the powerful cores constantly awake reducing the SOT by an hour,u can check a similar complaints in the forum as well,having experienced that personally i reverted back to 2.1.1)

Attached Files:

2. imTSS
    KitKat Dec 5, 2015

imTSS , Dec 5, 2015 :
    5hrs sot with 20% remaining is good. Don't worry abt wats going on inside. U r getting 6+ hrs of SOT which is a good thing on lollipop.

3. prabhakarsharma
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2015

prabhakarsharma , Dec 5, 2015 :
    Well check the blogs and thread and you will find people are complaining about Battery drainage, heating issues, double tap not working, multiple issues with dual sim functionality, Service centers B2X taking 2-4 months for complaints resolution.

The whole point we actually are on wrong boat so cant complain about seat.

As to your problem, try a battery saver app will help you in getting at least 25% more from your mobile

4. krishmsai
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2015

krishmsai , Dec 5, 2015 :
    thanks for the reply mate, what's your avg SOT?

5. krishmsai
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2015

krishmsai , Dec 5, 2015 :
    true, I feel poorly optimised OS and power inefficient SD810 are the culprits here, read some where that cm is trying to bring its os for OPT that might save the face lil bit

6. souravsunny
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2015

7. krishmsai
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2015

krishmsai , Dec 6, 2015 :
    hasnt the battery life come down after 2.1.2 update?? it was nearly a nightmare for me,i had to unlockbootloader and flash custom recovery to go back to 2.1.1

8. imTSS
    KitKat Dec 6, 2015

imTSS , Dec 6, 2015 :
    I am using opo with cos 12.1.. Getting abt 6.5 hours

9. souravsunny
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2015

souravsunny , Dec 6, 2015 :
    Nope stayed more or less the same... Still get around 5-6 hrs of SOT over a 24-36 hr usage ... Surfing,Whatsapp,Games..Get lesser while playing heavier games (obviously :D)
    In my case the performance decreased a bit...The Games are slower to load...and the AnTutu scores dropped from 58-60k to a max of 45k now... :confused:

10. krishmsai
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2015

krishmsai , Dec 7, 2015 :
    45k is atrocious bro, even my 3 year old note 2 gave me around 30k on RR rom consistently, haven't checked antutu on OPT yet

11. stillthomalives
    Froyo Dec 7, 2015

stillthomalives , Dec 7, 2015 :
    I think battery life came down after 2.1.2.. So could you please explain the steps in detail for getting 2.1.1 back..?

12. krishmsai
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2015

krishmsai , Dec 7, 2015 :
    its relatively easy bro,check this link ,i followed the same thread to get my OPT back to 2.1.1
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...-custom-recovery-root-efs-backup-more.345478/
    1)make sure u read all the steps carefully ,u will be good
    2)download the signed 2.1.1 flashable zip from the links provided in that thread

{one small note here,u might face lil bump flashing the recovery after renaming it,dont freak out if u r new to this process,just go to properties of that renamed .img file and go to details and see if it's properly named as "recovery.img" not "recovery.img.img" and proceed with the steps (disclaimer here :i had faced this issue so just sharing the details,not necessarily u should face it )}

let me know if u face any issues during the process

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015

13. viraaj11
    Community Veteran Dec 8, 2015

viraaj11 , Dec 8, 2015 :
    I'm on 2.1.2 I usually get 5 hours of SOT with 3-4% left
    It's pretty fair to be honest (I don't use GPS)
    Gets me through the day and is enough till the next morning.
    But yeah, I was expecting a bit more seeing what people got with the OnePlus One

14. maxxam23
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 8, 2015

maxxam23 , Dec 8, 2015 :
    Just checked the battery app I installed on my OPO nearly an year ago.. This is how the OPO battery has performed.. Not related to this post but didn't want to create a separate thread for sharing this..

PicsArt_12-08-04.46.49.jpg

15. krishmsai
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2015

krishmsai , Dec 8, 2015 :
    thats not bad by any means bro, its just that 2.1.1 manages to survive an extra hour,which is crucial to me as my power bank needs type c adaptor to charge the phone which is sorely out of stock and carrying typc c cable all along is a pain ,had to go back to 2.1.1 for that lil extra screen on time..

16. krishmsai
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2015

krishmsai , Dec 8, 2015 :
    OPO undisputedly performs better than OPT on battery front mate

maxxam23 likes this.