OPT Invite received and UK store is out of stock!!!

1. jimbobbeers
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

2. patrickliu
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

patrickliu , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Well...does it mean OP is too optimistic about the sales in the US market vs that in the other regions of the globe

3. fawzanc
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

fawzanc , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Same for me. Had 2 invites that came through at the same time and now i fear that they will expire before the restock.

4. jimbobbeers
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

jimbobbeers , Sep 22, 2015 :
    You'll be alright, soon as they wake up they'll amend it. Problem is, how are they going to appease those who have missed out cause their invites expired?!

5. RickyQ
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

RickyQ , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I won an invite on the RaceForInvites and went to use it but as other posters have said I cannot purchase as they are out of stock.. It will expire shortly.. Is there anything I can do?

6. Black_Solitare
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

Black_Solitare , Sep 22, 2015 :
    It'll be interesting to see what they do, the whole idea of the invites was that it was to control stock levels. If you've got one, but can't use it then it kind of falls flat on it's face.

Hopefully they'll re-issue you one, seems a bit off not too...

7. merewoodbebox
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2015

merewoodbebox , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Open a ticket immediately and do not let OnePlus treat you like this. I love OnePlus but they do need to make sure they don't do things like this in future. A statement talking about how they will reissue invites

8. spot01
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2015

spot01 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    how would they know to do so it could be that you declined the invite just let it die a death.
    Anyone in this position needs to raise a ticket with support so that you have tangible proof

9. Alexxl15
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

Alexxl15 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I had this problem yesterday, too. After a while and many tries I was able to order it.
    I don't know why I could order it in the end, but I filled in the Region in the profile, where I live. Then I logged out, closed the website, reopened it in the Language/Region where I live.
    I tried this very often and after I have opend the support ticket, I could order it.
    Try it maybe it could help you and other;)
    It could be luck or the solution or maybe they fixed the Problemo_O

10. fawzanc
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

fawzanc , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Until they are back in stock nothing much you can do. You can try and contact One Plus support by email or tweet them.

11. katug111
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

katug111 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I have same issue. I opened ticket but no respond till now.
    Why they make contest when they don't have stock to cover invites? If they have stock only in US just make US contest only so I won't waste my time.

12. dmaco
    Eclair Sep 22, 2015

dmaco , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Waited so long for an invite, then got the email. Excited and went to the store, and out of stock.
    Watch the last few minutes of my invite go down, and couldn't purchase. Very disappointed.
    I thought an invite definitely meant you can buy the phone, surely we'll all get reissued another invite code when their stock problems are resolved? I reached out to support, no reply :(

13. William93
    Donut Sep 22, 2015

William93 , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I ordered it yesterday, but from China... (No stock) Will I have to pay some kind of tax when it comes? Thanks!

14. Black_Solitare
    Froyo Sep 22, 2015

Black_Solitare , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Agreed there would need to be a cut off from when it expired, but they will have a rough idea when the store was out of stock and they will know when the invite expired. It wouldn't take long to match the two together after they were informed.

I'd just be interested to see how they dealt with it, they've always been quite strict with the 'once it's expired, then it's no good' rule.

15. LibertarianFreethinker
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2015

16. perikariRamaDevi
    Honeycomb Sep 22, 2015

17. 5pryor
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

5pryor , Sep 22, 2015 :
    In the same boat, and raised a ticket. Understand the dealys in stock but the invite shouldn't have been limited for 24hours - OnePlus must have known this was the case?

18. fawzanc
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

fawzanc , Sep 22, 2015 :
    You would presume that the invite method is in place to ensure there is enough demand to fulfil supply and the most efficient way to manage inventory and cash flow. So why there were invites issues without stock is baffling.

19. fawzanc
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

fawzanc , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I have also raised a ticket and waiting to hear back.

20. fawzanc
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

fawzanc , Sep 22, 2015 :
    When I got my OPO in the UK there was no additional tax so would assume the same is for OPT.

William93 likes this.