OPT ordered!

1. Espada04
    Honeycomb Sep 9, 2015

Espada04 , Sep 9, 2015 :
    My coworker got the OPT invite yesterday and was generous enough to give it to me, or more specifically, let me use the invite. He is an iPhone guy. :p

Bought the Tempered glass protector and the black flip case. The Red/White Otterbox I wanted and the Kevlar back that I wanted was sold out. :(

Total came out to be 629 After taxes & shipping. And the email noted that Customs for express shipping are included and that OP will reimburse if DHL charges duties!

Not exactly a bargain deal for Canadian users, but still cheaper than a lot of high end phones (note I am not saying Flagship phone. lol) on the market.

:)

Now to wait for the phone to arrive!!

crumyee99 likes this.
  2. jsims19pe
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 9, 2015

3. Wittiwittmann
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2015

4. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Sep 9, 2015

5. Khong2
    Froyo Sep 9, 2015

6. xman88
    Froyo Sep 9, 2015

xman88 , Sep 9, 2015 :
    Well, I got my first OPO ~2 years ago and have since purchased 2 more for families. We have 4 mobile phone users in our house and 3 are using OPO with one holding out on her iPhone. Frankly, I was ecstatic when the OPT was announced and got myself on the reservation list ASAP... still not one of the top 10k. Anyway, I was/am active in the forum discussions and also been praising the OPO every chance I get. I had strangers asking me about my phone and I showed how cool it is. Many techie types asked many probing questions into the ROM, stability, battery life...etc. I always replied positively and honestly. Heck, the OPO is one of, if not the best, phone for its money... it is still a great phone the way it performs today. Now, why the long winded intro into this post? I guess I am now having second thoughts about the OnePlus Two. I was initially taken by the second version of this great company; but, after waiting so long and having time to look over all other options, it may not worth to dump my current OPO for the little enhancement that the OPT promised. Yes, it has a faster SOC but this chip is notorious to have heating issue. My OPO already overheat at time but I can deal with it. So, what else is there that they improved? A fingerprint scanner - not a must have. Same old 1080p screen with "better density".. whatever that means. I guess it is ok for the price but not a great improvement over the OPO. Better camera? Probably, but if a good/great camera is important to you, you should look elsewhere and pay more for it... software and all... Also, now that Cyanogen is gone and her come Oxygen OS - many of us will be tempted to void the warranty and flash another ROM - maybe even get CM back onto this phone like I have on my OPO. What else is there that they improved? Oh, the USB-C port; but, why do it if you are staying at USB2 speed and no quick charge? Why you change the port but it does nothing to the functionality? I would say keep the old mini USB so we can use all the cables that we have every where rather than having to carry the USB-C just for this phone. I don't know about you all but I usually keep one in my computer bag, my car, and my rooms for charging and other things. I don't mind buying new USB-C cables but they do not add any advantage but just another type of cable. I think we all have enough cables everywhere for different things. Now, forking out another $400 bucks for this phone is a good deal for first timers; but, for someone who already have something very similar like the OPO, I find it hard to justify waiting, begging, and paying for something that is not much of an improvement over what I already have. Yes, I have 3 of the OPO in the family and will probably not get one until the 3rd generation or something else completely. Now, only if the OPPO Find 9's LTE bands work in the USA and I be all over that for a couple hundred dollar more. Look no waiting - that is worth enough to buy a better phone. Just being honest.

7. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Sep 9, 2015

Tokolozi , Sep 9, 2015 :
    sorry chap I have too say: TL/DR.

8. manvir96
    Gingerbread Sep 9, 2015

9. xman88
    Froyo Sep 9, 2015

xman88 , Sep 9, 2015 :
    Too long indeed.... just like my wait to get an invite and come to realization that it is not worth the wait. Thanks!

Tokolozi likes this.
  10. Ashwith
    Jelly Bean Sep 10, 2015