Option to disable popup camera?

1. mjansen1028 Eclair May 22, 2019

mjansen1028, May 22, 2019 :
    Hello,
    I'm getting my 7 pro today and i have a question regarding the pop camera.
    I see reports that getting a video call will popup the camera even when the receiver did not answer it.
    I'm guessing that's a bug but that raised the question.

Is there a global setting to disable the front facing camera to popup completely?.

herget likes this.
  2. herget Donut May 22, 2019

herget, May 22, 2019 :
    A great question & glad you asked it! If the OnePlus 7 Pro were in a pocket, or backpack, or heaven forbid, a drawer, the pocket-mode should be automatically enabled and that alone should prevent the pop-up camera mechanism from executing. Are you worried that if the phone is laying on your desk that the camera will still automatically pop-up and then auto-answer? Regardless, I don't think having auto-answer for video or normal calls is a good idea...

3. Jeycop Cupcake May 22, 2019

Jeycop, May 22, 2019 :
    Pocket-mode? Is there a pocket-mode on Oneplus 7 Pro?
    Because the pocket-mode triggered only when front camera is blocked on older oneplus devices.
    So at Oneplus 7 pro there can be no pocket mode, because the camera is inside the phone.

4. Gav_W86 Starting Point Expert May 22, 2019

Gav_W86, May 22, 2019 :
    pocket mode comes from the proximity sensor next to the camera, not the camera.

Dhruv Razdan likes this.
  5. Jeycop Cupcake May 22, 2019

Jeycop, May 22, 2019 :
    Oh sorry, didn't know that. I can't see a hole or something like that on my 1+5T, maybe it's integrated?

6. Aakash Tanwani Cupcake Jun 6, 2019

Aakash Tanwani, Jun 6, 2019 :
    This could help.

Set the permission of the camera for WhatsApp
    1. On your Home Screen, press and hold the WhatsApp icon.

2. Tap [App Info] > [Permissions].

3. Toggle to disable [Camera].

7. Mukkanagaraju Cupcake Jun 12, 2019

Mukkanagaraju, Jun 12, 2019 :
    Thanks for the post. I also has same concern as my front cam is popping up when I get video call. I don't think there is a pocket mode as the camera is popping up even when the phone is pocket. Could someone please reply if there is a solution for this?

I don't want to disable camera access to the WhatsApp. Thanks!

8. SJBoss KitKat Jun 12, 2019

SJBoss, Jun 12, 2019 :
    And the camera.

ariel.us likes this.
  9. Gav_W86 Starting Point Expert Jun 12, 2019

Gav_W86, Jun 12, 2019 :
    at the moment the camera popping up when an app calls it for an incoming call is not covered in any mode. Believe OnePlus are working on a solution.