OPX - Colors/White Point Setting(s) ?

?

Are you satisfied with the Amoled display as it is now ?

1. Yes everything's fine !

40.3%
  2. No, i'd like to be able to manage colors...

59.7%
  1. aamer ayoob
    Gingerbread Nov 17, 2015

2. Lord_Babass
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 17, 2015

Lord_Babass , Nov 17, 2015 :
    Red is clearly orange on my screen.

Someone (@Helen i think) of OP staff wrote recently that they don't answer that much on the forum because they prefer to repond in acts (so updates...)

I hope this thread has been considered.

It would be nice to know ;-)

livrepoete likes this.
  3. ali.meharbaan
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2015

ali.meharbaan , Nov 19, 2015 :
    I got my device on 8th Nov, and the colors were really affecting my eyes, couldn't see the screen for long.
    Had to return the device on 18th Nov, thankfully got my full refund on 19th(today). It was a big issue for me, God knows how long they'll take to bring that update, can't afford my eyes to suffer.

4. Anonim313
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2015

Anonim313 , Nov 19, 2015 :
    The problem is easily fixed with the blu_spark kernel, and kernel auditor to balance the screen. As a bonus, it also fixes the lag in all the 3d games (it's a GPU governor problem).

Allexander likes this.
  5. Alterrrr
    Eclair Nov 19, 2015

Alterrrr , Nov 19, 2015 :
    Played some candy crush soda yesterday. It annoys me that the yellow fish looks orange.

Other than that, I really like the Amoled screen.

6. Lord_Babass
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 19, 2015

Lord_Babass , Nov 19, 2015 :
    I would prefer not rooting for several reasons... Even if this kernel seems interesting!

Oneplus has to fix it. Thanks to this thread, they now know that more than 1/2 consumer is not satisfied with their display ;-)

Allexander likes this.
  7. KatMiku
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2015

KatMiku , Nov 19, 2015 :
    Euhm wut lol ? this topic has 3 pages, how can you claim that 50% of the OPX people is not satisfied about the colours on the screen of their OPX ? 3 pages of people isn't even like 5% of how many people got an OPX by now.

I come from an IPhone 5s and got 0 issues with the screen or its colours, white look white to me except under an extreme angle ( like laying with my face on a pillow and looking at my screen when the phone lies on the nightstand ) and reds look fine to me as well.

My national railway has an app which is half white and half orange and it looks waaaaay more orange then the red in the Chrome logo or the red Netflix text in the white square of the Netflix app, YouTube app also looks red to me.

Which either means iPhone screens are shit as well and reviews lie to us, or there is a difference in OPX panels between OPX devices, anyway for me the red is fine ( coming from an iPhone 5s LCD and a HTC m8 LCD )

aamer ayoob likes this.
  8. aamer ayoob
    Gingerbread Nov 20, 2015

9. TomyKeenox
    Donut Nov 20, 2015

10. markwarnes
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2015

markwarnes , Nov 20, 2015 :
    From the responses sent on this thread, it seems that people's view on these screen varies just as people's colour perception varies. No one calibration setting is going to please everyone so please OnePlus, can we have a tool that allows us to adjust the colour settings/temperature to suit ourselves? (Does the OP2 have this already?) Then anyone that wants to can adjust their screen accordingly and everyone will be happy.

11. Lord_Babass
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 20, 2015

Lord_Babass , Nov 20, 2015 :
    People who think white is white and red is red, are you used to calibrated display? I do, so it disturb me. Besides, cold temperature might not be good for your eyes...

In a previous post, i already wondered if there was several suppliers for panels.we don't know...

I'm saying more than 1/2 people because of this thread voting results. It's fact on a sample.

Of course i know lots of people do not understand technology, these don't come on forums. Only price & design matters.

I believe 1+ is a geeky brand, so i react geeky.

lusas likes this.
  12. anksjdhv
    Froyo Nov 20, 2015

anksjdhv , Nov 20, 2015 :

Well said. I'm a pro photographer and definitely want as accurate colors possible with custom white point. Right now it's blueish on my phone with uncalibrated reds.

Lord_Babass and lusas like this.
  13. mopsert
    KitKat Nov 23, 2015

mopsert , Nov 23, 2015 :
    I am not a pro photographer and couldn't care less!

I want NFC and that ain't gonna happen, also!

Geez! It is a phone! Not a professional multimedia display for scientific purposes!

14. Helbro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 23, 2015

Helbro , Nov 23, 2015 :
    In my opinion my OPX looks really yellowish... I compared it with my iPhone 6 and the withe looks awefull against my iPhone.. Otherwise the Screen is just great at doing well with a really low brightness. I tend to hold the brightness level at about 20-30% and it`s more than enough for me.

15. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2015

16. demomercury
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

demomercury , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Happy with the AMOLED display at the moment I did not notice any strange color behavior

17. Allexander
    Donut Nov 23, 2015

Allexander , Nov 23, 2015 :
    The people have voted, that's why he claimed they aren't satisfied. The number of pages in the topic has nothing to do with it. I also expect from OPX (when no custom correction comes) at least a set of profiles, like "Natural", "Photo", etc., otherwise will be forced to switch to custom kernel.

Lord_Babass likes this.
  18. fiestafiesta
    Eclair Nov 23, 2015

fiestafiesta , Nov 23, 2015 :
    I think that allowing users to adjust their screen to their own preference, or calibrate in a more objective fashion, is a basic functionality. Not every eye of a beholder is the same.
    I am tempted to say I will never settle for less. But other criteria can be more important, which means a compromise is then born.

Lord_Babass likes this.
  19. junyutan
    Donut Nov 23, 2015

junyutan , Nov 23, 2015 :
    I'm not sure if the brighter blues have anything to do with accounting for the amoled degradation over time. Amoled screens tend to yellow over time because the blue deteriorates the fastest.

I'm an artist/photographer but slightly uncalibrated colours do not bother me as much. Will receive my OPX in a few days and will check it out to see if it is really bad.

20. horusave
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2015

horusave , Nov 23, 2015 :
    After reading this, I actually turn the display down to 20% brightness n turn off the adaptive brightness. Red still magenta but at least doesn't hurt my eye that much and probably save my battery.