OPX or Asus Zenfone 2

1. Neil_2015
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2015

Neil_2015 , Nov 5, 2015 :
    I am Confused(?) between OPX or Zenfone 2

Price : with shipping and tax in Canada OPX 410$, Zenfone, 425$
    Invite : OPX yes for 1st month, Zenfone no invite required just pick up in store
    Returns : OPX User pays return shipping, Zenfone, drop off in store (some stores have 30day moneyback gurantee)
    RAM: OPX 3gb, Zenfone 4gb
    Wifi : OPX only 2.4 ghz, Zenfone bual Band both 2.4 and 5ghz
    CPU: OPX SD801 2.3 ghz, Zenfone Intel Atom Quadcore 2.3 ghz
    Fastcharging: OPX no, Zenfone Yes
    NFC: OPX no, Zenfone Yes
    Screen : OPX 5.1", Zenfone 5.5"
    Battery : OPX 2500mah, Zenfone 3000mah
    Internal Memory : OPX 16gb, Zenfone 64gb
    Camera OPX 13mp back, 8mp front, Zenfone 13mp back 5mp front
    External Memory card : OPX yes, but you loose sencond sim, Zenfone seperate slot
    Sim : both dual sim
    Screen resolution : 1080p for both
    Customer Support : No questions, you know the best

2. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop Nov 5, 2015

3. MeltP
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2015

MeltP , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Oh man.. I've been trying to get a OPX invite since I heard of its release. Only made an account today. My friends don't want to share theirs :(

4. Tokolozi
    Most Original Avatar Nov 5, 2015

Tokolozi , Nov 5, 2015 :
    I've seen tge ZP2 in real life, I can tell you it feels much cheaper then the OPO even.

5. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Nov 5, 2015

Ceasedd , Nov 5, 2015 :
    OPX,My Zen Phone has a lot of problems.

6. Neil_2015
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2015

Can you tell me about some problems you faced with ZF2?
    On paper ZP2 is clear winner but I want actual reviews...

7. Neil_2015
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2015

dont worry, you will get it soon
    and again worst case is 1 month wait... then it will be open sale

Tokolozi likes this.
  8. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop Nov 5, 2015

pgidia likes this.
  9. Neil_2015
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2015

Agree... but most of the people use some covers and basically your covers reflects quality not device
    yes without protector, it feels a bit cheap... way cheaper than OP2 and OPX but not cheaper than OPO IMO

Tokolozi likes this.
  10. MeltP
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2015

MeltP , Nov 5, 2015 :
    I know I know.. Its the waiting that kills me :p
    Pure Mareting Gold this is..

Tokolozi likes this.
  11. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Nov 5, 2015

keithnyc , Nov 5, 2015 :
    The Zenfone2 is now my backup phone and for the price, it's pretty good, but like @Ceasedd said in his post, mine too has had a lot of problems, primarily with phantom "100% data erases" that randomly occurred 3 x in a two week period. All of a sudden I'd feel my phone getting very warm, I'd take a look and I'd see the little gren android guy and the message "erasing all data". There was nothing I could do but let it erase (took about 1 hour) and then let it re-install all the data from a back up which took about 2 hours (not including having to reset all the icons, readjust certain settings and passwords that didn't get backed up). Perhaps it was a corrupt file or application, but after the thrid time, I decided to put it back in the box and use only in emergencies.
    I'd go for the X if it was between those two phones. right now I'm using the OP2 and loving it....I also have the OPO as another backup.

12. magnamentis
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2015

magnamentis , Nov 5, 2015 :
    opx probably while as an owner of both OPO and OP2 i must say i have to pass on that one as well since they left out too much this time. would i need another phone i'd take the OPO instead. i mean not only am i not willing to change my networks to 2.4GHz, but then i would loose a big part of all the public or gastronomy networks as well. further the OPX is not much cheaper than the ONE but much less equiped. no way this time, sorry

Gaurav Rohilla and Tokolozi like this.
  13. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop Nov 5, 2015

pgidia, Ceasedd, Neil_2015 and 2 others like this.
  14. Debajyoti Pal
    Jelly Bean Nov 5, 2015

Debajyoti Pal , Nov 5, 2015 :
    You answered the questions yourself. Go for the Asus Zenfone 2. Its a solid performer.....

15. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Nov 5, 2015

keithnyc , Nov 5, 2015 :
    yeah, I hear you. Now that I think of it, I wasn't thrilled with the Zenfone camera, either. But I rarely take photos anyway so I guess I never really noticed it.

pgidia, Ceasedd and Gaurav Rohilla like this.
  16. Neil_2015
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2015

Thanks for loggin in man...
    Anyways I just wanted to know real user experience...
    I already knew that camera is bad, its fixed focus cam what would you expect from those... I use dslr so compared to that OPx camera is like shit too... Only comparable camera is LG G4 that camera is amazing and second options might be Flagship samsungs and apple...
    I also found so far that screen is not bright enough for ZP2... I hate that as I need good screen... for me even OP2 screen lacks that feel but I can manage, hope OPx Super AMOLED screen will do the trick... LG G4 screen is amazing

I badly need dual sim phone which works on WCDMA band 4 (1700/2100 mhz freq) with NFC support as I am already using it a lot and in future its use is gonna increase only
    I dont care about camera, Fast Charging or Wireless charging or even Benchmark scores

Looks like OP2 has everything except NFC (they made a big blunder) so I am just looking for other options... So until they release OP3 (hopeflly with NFC) I need some good phone. OPX looks promissing but it just has 16gb storage and as I need dual sim I will not be able to use external memory card

ZP2 has everything but I dont know about user experience, that is why I made this thread...

Gaurav Rohilla likes this.
  17. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop Nov 5, 2015

Gaurav Rohilla , Nov 5, 2015 :
    buy anything except zf2. intel has a lot of hardware limitations. go for op2 or opx. you'd not be disappointed :rolleyes:

pgidia and Neil_2015 like this.
  18. rahul181995
    Froyo Nov 5, 2015

Gaurav Rohilla likes this.
  19. julio.panchame
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 5, 2015

julio.panchame , Nov 5, 2015 :
    Zf2 probably stuck with Android 5.1 with the Zen UI OS and OPX can receive soon Android 6 upgrade with OOS 3, its better choice OPX

20. Gaurav Rohilla
    Lollipop Nov 5, 2015

Gaurav Rohilla , Nov 5, 2015 :
    zen ui is more mature then oxygen os and is a lot better in many way's! :rolleyes:

pgidia likes this.