OPX owners

1. Dchrono
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2016

Dchrono , Jul 31, 2016 :
    I'm sure you've all noticed the flagship owners making their way into our forum shooting your comments down for wanting updates.

I think its time we make our way all across their forums. Seems the support staff are reading their forums.

I'll repost this message if it gets deleted or moved.

sam2t likes this.
  2. Fstop
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2016

Fstop , Jul 31, 2016 :
    I'm looking for the least most clean utility apps. Like calendar, notes, maps I need such apps but don't want them to have access to keep awake, identity, contacts, access not specific to their functions. Thank you.

3. pwseo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2016

pwseo , Jul 31, 2016 :
    Dchrono, please report posts you find inappropriate. Moderators will probably act on some of them if you report them.

Dchrono likes this.
  4. kalniel
    Froyo Jul 31, 2016

kalniel , Jul 31, 2016 :
    Actually, no. I hadn't sorry!

Dchrono likes this.
  5. Dchrono
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2016

Dchrono , Jul 31, 2016 :
    I understand why they aren't happy with your complaining.

This is a solution to their problems with OP2 forums The Ultimate OnePlus 2 Guide - Solutions e.t.c. section

and I quote:

Try flashing twrp hybrid then the latest CM13nightly
    Source
    So you see, abandoning OOS and flashing a custom rom is common practice with OP devices.

They just won't have you complain about it.
    I'll be posting more on a daily basis, makes for a few good laughs.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016

pwseo likes this.
  6. jaimal_tandel

jaimal_tandel , Jul 31, 2016 :
    They take us lightly because they don't know how it feels like when you're running a two year old os with two month old security patch and not to mention, bugs. Don't worry - they'll be in the same darkness if history is about to repeat itself. All I want them to do is open up about them not working on it instead of giving us false hope by saying that they are 'working hard on it'. We can all see that they are really working hard - to push out 2 or 3 updates for OP3 in only a month. #Oneplus #NeverSettle, all that made the brand recognised, being open to the community, where is all that? Tell us that you are not doing that. 'We talk the talk' Carl said? (No point tagging him, he doesn't care and it's crystal clear. He's being business minded which is totally understandable) Have the daring to be open about the update. They have lost customers due to this issue already, it's not like lying to us would get them back. It's only getting worse. It's not about the update anymore. It's about #NeverAgain :)
    EDIT: doesn't take long for a thread to be flagged, does it? Didn't take long to ignore dozens of threads either.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016

Dchrono likes this.
  7. Dchrono
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2016

Dchrono , Jul 31, 2016 :
    They know exactly how OPX users feel, they have faced the same problems with their devices OS but OP fanboys don't like it when you complain about it. They would like you to move on and install another rom (which I've done and many have) but for those that don't ... They won't have you complain about it.

jaimal_tandel likes this.
  8. lemonhater

lemonhater , Jul 31, 2016 :
    Wtf is wrong with you guys? OnePlus already stated an update is on the way.

Either:
    Wait for the update and stop complaining
    Flash a custom ROM
    Get another phone

Dchrono likes this.
  9. Dchrono
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2016

Dchrono , Jul 31, 2016 :

Thanks @MistaSGW OPX users got that info a while ago.

You can choose not to read our posts if you havent anything else to add.

FaleshC and sam2t like this.
  10. lemonhater

Just saying. Posting more threads won't make the update come more quickly. They will do what they have to do.

OP3 is their priority, it would always be the first to get any updates. OPX has been discontinued, it isn't their priority. Would it get updates? Yes. But much much slower and much fewer

Dchrono likes this.
  11. Dchrono
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2016

Dchrono , Jul 31, 2016 :
    Thanks, I'm sure most got that message as well. As for not creating "hype" about it cause it won't help.

... that remains to be seen.

12. lemonhater

I bet the update would come by the end of this month

puccellino and Dchrono like this.
  13. Dchrono
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2016

Dchrono , Jul 31, 2016 :
    Thanks, I appreciate your optimism.

14. pwseo

pwseo , Jul 31, 2016 :
    Do you have an OPX? Are you aware of the limitations of those custom ROMs you mention?
    Most of us don't have the money to just buy another phone simply because OnePlus can't do their job well / on time.

I disagree. I can assure you that if nobody complained things would be much much worse, since OnePlus wouldn't even have the PR screw up to deal with, so there would be virtually no incentive to update the phone.

Actually it hasn't. What's been discontinued is the "X line", meaning there will not be a second version of the X. Current X model is still supported (which is, by definition, the opposite of discontinued). I guess it's a common misconception from a world where the OP3 lies in the center. Otherwise they wouldn't even bother announcing that updates were coming.

FaleshC, Crazycops and Dchrono like this.
  15. lemonhater

I don't have an OPX. I am aware of the limitations of those custom ROMs.

If they said MM update was coming, then it would come. Saw one recent interview, Carl said they don't give ETAs anymore.

OPX has been discontinued. Is it no longer in production. They aren't making anymore. Verified by multiple OnePlus staff + Carl

Dchrono likes this.
  16. pwseo

pwseo , Jul 31, 2016 :
    Or any kind of feedback, for that matter.

Irrelevant. They have said software support will continue for currently existing OPXs until the device's EOL.

Dchrono likes this.
  17. Dchrono
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2016

Dchrono , Jul 31, 2016 :
    Thanks @MistaSGW , I'm sure OPX owners are aware the line has been discontinued.

Perhaps you need to interpret what's being said by many OPX users differently. I for e.g was not concerned with Marshmallow and I'll even say OOS updates but rather security updates. Others wanted fixes for their bugs. The device was relatively new when discussions escalated. Expectations were based on what OP promised (source).

@Carl quote:
    Dated: Nov.16/2015
    We are working hard to bring Marshmallow as soon as possible to theOnePlus X, and will update you on a timeframe at a later time.

In the meantime, we’ll keep rolling outupdates as soon as possible for OxygenOS!

18. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jul 31, 2016

TakeMyMoney , Jul 31, 2016 :
    So, today? You're sure? :D

Dchrono likes this.
  19. lemonhater

Thanks. After that thread, no more ETAs were given. In my opinion the OP3 was their focus long before it was released. They were probably working on the OP2 & OP3 oxygen 3, and couldn't cope for OPX. They have a small development team if I'm not wrong

Dchrono likes this.
  20. lemonhater

It's already August in my country :p

Dchrono and TakeMyMoney like this.