OPX: SD card fix now or wait for Marshmallow?

?

When do you want the SD card issue fixed on the OnePlus X?

1. ASAP - I'll use it now and reformat when Marshmallow is available

177 vote(s)
    80.1%
  2. Wait for Marshmallow and use adoptable storage

44 vote(s)
    19.9%
  1. handheld_addict
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2015

handheld_addict , Nov 21, 2015 :
    I know what you're thinking... Of course we need a SD card fix ASAP... But here's the thing. When Marshmallow rolls out, it should allow for the use of adoptable storage. What that means is it will treat the SD card and the internal storage in the OnePlus X as one big storage space. So there should be much fewer restrictions as to which apps allow to be moved to the SD card. Most of my messaging apps like WhatsApp don't allow moving to SD, I think most of us have encountered apps like that. Adoptable storage fixes that problem.

BUT... To use adoptable storage, you'll need to reformat your SD card, and you can't transfer that card to another device (without reformatting it again) so if you already have some apps & media on it, when Marshmallow comes to OPX and you want to use adoptable storage you need to move some apps back to internal, and make backups of any media you want to save.

Also, we have to be realistic. The OnePlus team can only work on so many things at once. Should they be chasing down bug fixes now that can be patched in marshmallow, or should they focus their resources on making the best version of marshmallow they can for the OnePlus X?

Not saying they can't do both. Just wondering if you think it's worth waiting?

OneMarco likes this.
  2. prabh.saikap
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2015

prabh.saikap , Nov 21, 2015 :
    Marshmallow is not going to come for another 6 months atleast.

And I can't use this phone without SD card.
    Fix it asap.
    J wouldn't be able to update for like 6 months after a week.

I need it asap.

Personal views

3. pwseo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2015

pwseo , Nov 21, 2015 :
    They should do both (and they're already running late on that bug fix).
    OnePlus sold the X and justified the 16GB storage with the possibility of extending it via the SD card slot. Well, if the SD card is not working properly, many people will miss out on functionality, and all of that because of a faulty OS.

Besides, fixing the bug shouldn't be that hard, and from what I can tell we still have a long way to go before Android 6.0 arrives on the OPX.

4. iPusak Gaoq™
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2015

iPusak Gaoq™ , Nov 21, 2015 :
    OnePlus should have added the ability to moved app to SD before the official launch of the OPX...Sony is a good example giving that ability to their mid-range and lower end device...Sadly OnePlus loved to annoy their customer by leaving that option from OPX....even if OnePlus able to fixed those SD card issues now, people will won't able to moved apps to SD without root and 3rd party apps....

5. 1briang
    Eclair Nov 21, 2015

1briang , Nov 21, 2015 :
    Woah at least 6 months? where are you getting that from?

6. Giulia Di Stefano
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2015

Giulia Di Stefano , Nov 21, 2015 :
    I agree with all of you.
    I moved from a Samsung Galaxy note 3 to this OPX, and by now everything seems a downgrade to me:
    1- I can't move apps to the sd card (i Bought the phone even if it has only 16 GB of internal memory ONLY because i knew i could expand it);
    2- the 13 mpx camera doesn't look like a 13 mpx camera: photos are just not good enough, and the tools are too basic!
    3- the ambient screen setting doesn't work properly.
    These are all bugs you could fix with a system update which i'd like to receve asap, respectfully

OneMarco, Oez58 and handheld_addict like this.
  7. handheld_addict
    Honeycomb Nov 21, 2015

handheld_addict , Nov 21, 2015 :

Wow, 6 months? Yes, that would be a long time to wait for a fix. I'm hoping that the Marshmallow update will come sooner than that, but who knows?

8. iPhonyy
    Froyo Nov 21, 2015

iPhonyy , Nov 21, 2015 :
    It's coming in 2016, hopefully early 2016. There'll be an OTA soon fixing the SD issue, and i need my SD card ASAP.

9. freakie07
    Donut Nov 21, 2015

10. henkebe
    Eclair Nov 21, 2015

Oez58 likes this.
  11. Sebz4n
    Eclair Nov 21, 2015

12. henkebe
    Eclair Nov 21, 2015

henkebe , Nov 21, 2015 :
    Not recognized under Storage menu.

13. handheld_addict
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2015

14. mijahc
    Froyo Nov 22, 2015

mijahc , Nov 22, 2015 :
    That is a crappy analysis.

15. handheld_addict
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2015

16. prabh.saikap
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2015

prabh.saikap , Nov 22, 2015 :
    I didn't get tht from anywhr bro.
    Its just my guess.

I said personal views.

And OPO and OPT are supposed to ugrade in first quarter of 2016. Tht is announced officially
    They didn't say anything about OPX officially

Matthius__ likes this.
  17. prabh.saikap
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2015

prabh.saikap , Nov 22, 2015 :
    I don't know when it will come bro. Its just a personal guess. Don't rely on it

18. Sebz4n
    Eclair Nov 22, 2015

Sebz4n , Nov 22, 2015 :
    But apps like Google Music recognizes it

19. GraemeB86
    Donut Nov 22, 2015

GraemeB86 , Nov 22, 2015 :
    I have a class 1 Sandisk 64gb and it's not showing - have one plus came out with an official statement on this? If not, I will be returning!

20. ohmarinusopx
    Froyo Nov 22, 2015