OPX: SD card fix now or wait for Marshmallow?

?

When do you want the SD card issue fixed on the OnePlus X?

1. ASAP - I'll use it now and reformat when Marshmallow is available

177 vote(s)
    80.1%
  2. Wait for Marshmallow and use adoptable storage

44 vote(s)
    19.9%
  1. Balkers
    Gingerbread Feb 7, 2016

Balkers , Feb 7, 2016 :
    What do you mean by resetting the phone?

2. QwertyML
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2016

QwertyML , Feb 7, 2016 :
    Just writing five replies, so I can write my own tread. Such a crap way when you need help. And you cant search in forum.

CalleHjalmers likes this.
  3. CalleHjalmers
    Cupcake Feb 7, 2016

CalleHjalmers , Feb 7, 2016 :
    Seconded. Anyone have a general idea of when the marshmallow with the potential fix for this really basic adoptable storage fix will be released at all? Are we talking this year? In a couple of months? Seriously thinking about about rooting my OPX unit to get this problem fixed at once, is it worth it or should I wait?

Thankful for any advice!

4. rsblandamer
    Cupcake Feb 12, 2016

rsblandamer , Feb 12, 2016 :
    My main beef at the moment is that although apps can now be moved to the SD card (in Oxygen 2.2) any updates to those apps install to the internal memory, so every day I keep having to move apps back to the card. So I vote for a fix now, even if it means delaying the Marshmallow update.

handheld_addict likes this.
  5. handheld_addict
    Honeycomb Feb 13, 2016

handheld_addict , Feb 13, 2016 :
    I find it very confusing how apps are reported as "moved to SD card". I just installed GTA: Liberty City Stories which is almost 2GB. I then moved it to SD storage, but I can still see I have 2GB less of internal storage even after moving it to SD. I'm not sure if apps are actually being moved.

6. peejster21
    Cupcake Feb 14, 2016

peejster21 , Feb 14, 2016 :
    I just ordered my OPX and it should be arriving this week. I'm looking for an SD card that will work with the phone. Is the OPX UHS-1 (U3) compliant? I've been eyeing this card, do you think it will work in the phone?

7. Shivendu26
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2016

Shivendu26 , Apr 24, 2016 :
    Hey can a good soul can tell me what I gotta do if my SD card is not recognized all together even after updating to 2.2.1