OPX - tempered glass screen protector not fitting

1. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Dec 6, 2015

agoinfly , Dec 6, 2015 :
    CALM DOWN smarty dude!
    Here we are trying to understand why some OnePlus X Tempered Glasses don't stick properly with ugly 2D border and air bubbles along the edges.The 2.5D curve edges is relevant !

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015

2. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Dec 6, 2015

agoinfly , Dec 6, 2015 :
    Again...Obviously the protector is smaller than the curved display (self-evident), but why doesn't fit properly? Everything is relevant HERE. Did you buy the OnePlus X Tempered Glass? Do you have the same problem? Did you notice the ugly 2D border?

3. UnicornKaz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2015

UnicornKaz , Dec 6, 2015 :
    Nope, I knew ahead there's going to be "halo"...cause I also own the Note 4.

Maybe it's not small enough ?? ( another 1/2 mm on all 4 sides ? )

maybe the protector have the exact dimensions as the "flat" estate... but due to human error... even if we misaligned by a half mm ... it would still produce "halo" effect ..etc

if you do a search for "galaxy note 4 halo effect" ... same problems and the device have been out over a year now and to date...there is no perfect tempered glass protector for it due to the curved surface.

4. DanCtoo
    Honeycomb Dec 6, 2015

DanCtoo , Dec 6, 2015 :
    Glass protector is flat, edge of screen is curved...
    For a protector to fit the entire screen (up to metal band) it needs to have the same curve, looking like a shell. Now, think of the difficulty producing and fitting this!
    I have the Nillkin 2,5D protector, it's flat :)
    There is NO curved protector covering the entire screen on the market, nor will it be made.
    Get over it. o_O
    If you make flat protector bigger it will look like this on OPX (note 4 example):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015

5. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Dec 6, 2015

agoinfly , Dec 6, 2015 :
    Yeah MAYBE it's not small enough or not all OPO X screens are perfectly flat! Did you check the pictures? A lot of customers got the same problem. But for sure you don't have the OnePlus X Tempered Glass and cannot understand exactly what we are talking about. Don't care about other devices just trying to understand this SPECIFIC OnePlus X TGS problem.

6. UnicornKaz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2015

UnicornKaz , Dec 7, 2015 :
    For that same reason... I'd decided to go naked with both my Note 4 & OPX ;)

regarding the nonexistence of "curved" protector... check this out and gives your opinion ;)

geffa likes this.
  7. sa00044
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2015

sa00044 , Dec 7, 2015 :
    I bought this a few days ago and I am currently expecting delivery. They claim that it's a perfect fit and that they will issue a refund if I am not entirely happy with it.

geffa likes this.
  8. DanCtoo
    Honeycomb Dec 7, 2015

DanCtoo , Dec 7, 2015 :
    Yes, but this is curved only in one plane, rather easy to make (also because it's corning glass).
    OPX is curved in both planes so you need a shell like protector.

9. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2015

Kéno40 , Dec 7, 2015 :
    You can even return it directly, they are lying !

10. dhana _k
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2015

Ijjaz786 likes this.
  11. DanCtoo
    Honeycomb Dec 7, 2015

DanCtoo , Dec 7, 2015 :
    Has yet to be made ;)

dhana _k likes this.
  12. rmuzdzak
    Cupcake Dec 7, 2015

rmuzdzak , Dec 7, 2015 :
    The same problem as the author has. Moreover, after one day in a pocket, the top right corner is broken. It seems we have to wait for a better version.

Attached Files:

agoinfly likes this.
  13. mrfrodo
    Eclair Dec 7, 2015

mrfrodo , Dec 7, 2015 :
    I seen on Amazon and ebay Nillkin 9H or 9H+...anybody have experience with those?

14. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean Dec 7, 2015

Kéno40 , Dec 7, 2015 :
    A little better than OP one, but same look (i.e. stops at the end of the screen -> border)

15. branpham
    Donut Dec 7, 2015

branpham , Dec 7, 2015 :
    I'm actually using the original oneplus X tempered glass, and I don't have any problems with it other than the slight off accuracy and touch sensitivity that comes with it being on. I can say there's no bubbles or air off the edges of the glass. Anyone want pictures?

16. pwseo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 7, 2015

agoinfly likes this.
  17. vaupi
    Gingerbread Dec 7, 2015

18. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Dec 7, 2015

19. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Dec 7, 2015

20. geffa
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2015

geffa , Dec 8, 2015 :
    Please post pictures and your thoughts on this.