OPX - tempered glass screen protector not fitting

1. jamjam545
    Cupcake Dec 11, 2015

jamjam545 , Dec 11, 2015 :
    Does anyone have a tempered glass screen protector that actually fits the OnePlus X without the white borders?

The Nillkin one doesn't seem to work (they admit it in their advertising) and the Mocolo variant had reported the same problems in the reviews.

2. fireillusion
    Donut Dec 12, 2015

fireillusion , Dec 12, 2015 :
    I also have problem with my tempered glass screen protector. I bought the original one from 1+ site and had it installed by a professional. The edges don't stick well around the edges and dust is accumulated and it looks ugly. I opened a support ticket and the answer was that the screen protector is for one use only!?!?!?
    Just look at the pics
    What do you think?

Attached Files:

3. jamjam545
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2015

jamjam545 , Dec 12, 2015 :
    I gotta admit it does take away from the overall look of the phone, but after a few days of using it as is, I've learned to live with it. Its supposed to protect your phone, after all.

fireillusion likes this.
  4. lavenderyew
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2015

lavenderyew , Dec 13, 2015 :
    I saw someone posted this:

Link to buy below the video.

Seems like it fixes the curve issue

5. muthuraman
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2015

muthuraman , Dec 14, 2015 :
    I ordered Nillkin 9H+ (appr 11$) directly from their official website, received the same yesterday. It is not covering the curved edges as many people mentioned here but I am really disappointed with the lift up effect over edges. the 1-2 mm from the edges are not sticking to the screen and it distorting the view over the edge lines. Now the screen looks ugly! I also got a plastic protector for back glass along with the package but it is not made of glass and cheap quality.

One good thing is I am getting very less finger prints on the screen after applying the screen protector.

6. luca_boy
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2015

luca_boy , Dec 15, 2015 :
    I bought a glass screen protector for the OnePlus X (supposedly a premium accessory) and it's a complete piece of crap. After putting it on the phone (which is great and I love it!) it shows a horrible "halo" of air bubbles around borders that makes the phone look hideous. OnePlushas a terrible terrible support and they take ages to respond to tickets. In my case they simply refused to refund my purchase because it's "normal wear and tear" (the screen protector is brand new and has never been used). Can you believe it? Avoid buying accessories form OnePlus because they suck badly!!!
    IMG_0147.jpg IMG_0148.jpg

7. UnicornKaz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2015

UnicornKaz , Dec 15, 2015 :
    :confused: o_O

Seriously ?? proof that there's a Oneplus X phone out there that does NOT have the curve front glass ? :confused:

8. fireillusion
    Donut Dec 15, 2015

fireillusion , Dec 15, 2015 :
    My case exactly. Support answered that the screen protector is for one use only!?

luca_boy likes this.
  9. jamjam545
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2015

agoinfly and fireillusion like this.
  10. fireillusion
    Donut Dec 15, 2015

luca_boy likes this.
  11. UnicornKaz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 15, 2015

UnicornKaz , Dec 15, 2015 :

LOL ! :D

You need to words your statement a little different ;)

They all curved at the edge...

Now..The link you gave indicates some things:

/ maybe the poster had a defective front panel where it's not perfectly flat ( on a microscopic measurements, QC, human error in applying protectors...etc. )

~~~
    because I own both the OPx and the galaxy Note 4 ...both curved & same problem with protectors.

I think the reason we're having problems with these panels are... on a microscopic level... they "slowly" incline at angle traveled towards the curved edge ( not just flat all the way then suddenly drop curved...etc )

Just my theory ;)

12. Dietrich Fuhrmann
    Froyo Dec 16, 2015

Dietrich Fuhrmann , Dec 16, 2015 :
    Hello to everyone!
    Only a little theory of mine: All your images showing the OPXo with the original protector mounted, remember me to the ceramic version somehow...:rolleyes:
    I don't think that OnePlus manufactures two types of tempered glass protectors. It seems to me that it is cut for the chamfered version of the phone and it doesn't fit to the curved version just as well :(.
    I suppose that the OPXc is not popular enough to find such a combination to poof my theory?!;)

13. sunnyshaan
    Honeycomb Dec 16, 2015

sunnyshaan , Dec 16, 2015 :
    not going to buy tempered glass after reading so many issues..happy with stock screen guard.

agoinfly likes this.
  14. david costa
    Eclair Dec 17, 2015

david costa , Dec 17, 2015 :
    Anyone knows about tempered glass cover for the back of the phone? I think the back of the phone is not Gorilla and will scratch much easier...

15. Depar
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2015

Depar , Dec 18, 2015 :
    I have the same problems, bought the glass at the same time as the phone. It really looks like crap... Any official reply from OP?

16. vaupi
    Gingerbread Dec 18, 2015

vaupi , Dec 18, 2015 :
    bought 2 pieces for 4,20€ on alxprs...pretty happy about the result...no halo effect...

Attached Files:

david costa likes this.
  17. mari1
    Cupcake Dec 19, 2015

mari1 , Dec 19, 2015 :
    I raised a complaint about the tempered glass. My main problem is that there is no hole for the camera (which I should have noticed before I ordered it). I received my OPX and glass at the same day and applied the screen and I had two problems:
    1. The one with the edges that has been brought out several times in this discussion.
    2. First camera pictures are s*it with the glass.

I could live with problem 1 but not with problem 2. There is an immense difference in picture quality after you apply the screen protector. I removed the glass because it is impossible to take pictures with it.

OPX support has not closed my case yet but their last message was that ''there is not supposed to be a hole for the camera''.

Huge disappointment that OPX sells stuff like that :( But a good lesson though- I will never buy accessories from from their official website.

DO NOT BUY ONE PLUS X TEMPERED GLASS SCREEN PROTECTOR FROM OPX!

luca_boy likes this.
  18. UnicornKaz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 19, 2015

UnicornKaz , Dec 19, 2015 :
    isn't the ceramic only beveled at the back panel and not the front ??

front is clear glass, curved just as the regular OnyX version,

19. UnicornKaz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 19, 2015

UnicornKaz , Dec 19, 2015 :
    Just to let you know.... other devices of mine with tempered glass protector, without camera hole take pictures fine :)

The issue with the edges is legit... the issue with the camera hole is not. ( especially there's reference pic before you buy ? )

20. Dietrich Fuhrmann
    Froyo Dec 19, 2015