OPX - tempered glass screen protector not fitting

1. Benxter
    Froyo Nov 22, 2015

Benxter , Nov 22, 2015 :
    i also ordered one before knowing about this issue and created a support ticket right after I received it.
    They want me to send it back to their warehouse on my own costs!!!! I do NOT agree with that, since it is clearly a design issue and a faulty product! Sending it back to them with a tracking number is half the price of the protector...

agoinfly and bartmaple like this.
  2. Noahvanpaassen
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2015

Noahvanpaassen , Nov 22, 2015 :
    The factory screen protector on the OPX also doesn't cover the entire screen.It's annoying.

3. gastonriera
    Froyo Nov 22, 2015

gastonriera , Nov 22, 2015 :
    Nobody from the oneplus staff has answered this?

Apart from the cheap accessories from alixprs.
    Can youb list the best sellers? But that offer premium accessories.

4. Madtherapy7
    Honeycomb Nov 22, 2015

Madtherapy7 , Nov 22, 2015 :
    I have ordered the official tempered glass ..it's on it's way..shud I cancel the order. ?

5. steven65
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2015

steven65 , Nov 22, 2015 :
    Yes cancel if you can, its money over board thrown away

agoinfly likes this.
  6. geffa
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2015

geffa , Nov 22, 2015 :
    Guys, people,everyone here!
    Found one tempered glass that seems to COVER ALL PHONE!

The catch, the company is Chinese and is only making the white version.

Pressure them in Facebook!

https://www.facebook.com/cnmofi/posts/923969174390748

Pressure them to make a black version!

agoinfly, branpham and giGGer like this.
  7. geffa
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2015

8. geffa
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2015

9. Hans104
    Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2015

Hans104 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    upload_2015-11-23_9-31-9.png

This picture shows how the original Tempered-Glass-Protector fits on the OnePlus X.

10. Benxter
    Froyo Nov 23, 2015

11. steven65
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

steven65 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    That picture does not do justice to how it looks and feels in real life... And I mean then that it looks really bad for real, the boarder you see all around is really thick and high, and really stands out on the phone, and makes you really see the tempered glass is mounted on top of the screen. destroys the whole look and feel of the front screen.

Not that temperd glass usually does, it just does on this phone cause the fit is not all the way out to the boarers like on other phones.

But hey, if you dont beleive me, buy it and try it 4 yourself, but its a waste of good earned money, down the drain..That youre just giving to them..¨'

The phone looks better without because of the curved glass, which makes the tempered glas not fit. I do understand the reason, but with the design of souch a great phone, they should not have SETTLED with that design of the tempered glass protector and sold it on to us..

because once applied to the phone, you realize how crap it looks, and you just take it off anyways.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

agoinfly and danny1219 like this.
  12. steven65
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

Same here, but I thought **** it they can keep the money, it seems they need it more then me anyway..so ill just live with having donated 15€ to them...and see it as a good cause, maybe they can use it to improve a better designed tempered glass protector..:)

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

13. Hans104
    Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2015

Hans104 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Yes, it fits very well. I'm a little proud of this result. The surrounding white line are reflections of the rounded edges of the protector-glass.

14. steven65
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

Well you and I have a very different idea then, of what looks good..
    But hey each to his own, and I do agree if everyone liked and thought the same, we wouldnt be different.

and do have a nice day :)

15. johnwillyums
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 23, 2015

johnwillyums , Nov 23, 2015 :
    It would be very difficult to make a tempered glass protector that was not totally flat.
    It would have to have that curvature, on all 4 edges, no flexibility, therefore, cannot simply cut from a sheet, therefore very expensive
    If you think about the application method alone, you can see it's a problem. It would have to be dropped on.
    I think the only solution to this will be something like a transparent DBrand skin, and an application method employing a hair dryer, nightmare :-(

determinator likes this.
  16. steven65
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

Very true, and most probably, just because of the curved glass at the boarders, noone will be able to make a good tempered glass protector.
    Now thats all fine and dandy, but in the shop there is now way to see that from when you first order the glass protector, that the fit is No good. I think it shoulb be shown in a good way that it does NOT cover the whole front screen. I would not have bought it then to begin with.

The plastic cover which comes premounted on the phone is OK at least, allthough it also does not cover the whole screen, but because it is very thin, it does not stand out so much as the tempered glass. But its such a fingerprint plastic magnet it really is not an option.

Anyway i have been using my phone as it is with the gorilla glass now, and the feel and the design of the original as intended is just perfect. it´s a lovely design that should not be covered in a top cover. is what i have realized, to get the whole beauty of the phone.

So even though the screen protector pissed me off, i still like the phone.. just think they should be straight up about it, and tell folks what they are paying for even though its only 3x cafe latte price..

17. vaupi
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

vaupi , Nov 23, 2015 :
    This Picture in the store Shows that it doesn't cover the whole Screen.
    upload_2015-11-23_10-27-24.png

danny1219, Fstop and steven65 like this.
  18. Shigawire
    Eclair Nov 23, 2015

Shigawire , Nov 23, 2015 :
    OnePlus needs 3-4 days to deal with my ticket responses. This is so annoying.

At least they proposed to send me a replacement. But since everyone seems to have this issue I kindly refused. There is no need to send me a second protector that is just as bad, I'd rather receive a full refund. Especially since I had to pay nearly 20€.

19. steven65
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

You are absolutely correct, it does show exactly what i was saying. And I am wrong in saying it is not shown in the store then. Allthough I had not seen it there before, and that is my own misstake then not scrolling down on the page...

guesse an apology is in its place then to OP, that the picture was actually there,,showing how it doesnt fit.. First thing you go blind on, is your eyes they say..

20. viavavoum
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2015

viavavoum , Nov 23, 2015 :
    For me I'll wait to have many return of notation on amazon. Then i ll order the screen protector with 5 stars...