OPX - tempered glass screen protector not fitting

1. johnwillyums
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 23, 2015

johnwillyums , Nov 23, 2015 :
    There will be no way to make a tempered glass screen, with those curves on all edges.

The best you can do is get it centred, but I'm thinking flexible plastic is the only solution that's going to be "invisible"

2. Hans104
    Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2015

Hans104 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    when I know all facts, it's easy for me to accept the slightly insufficient solution

3. nashi316
    Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2015

nashi316 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    So guys do I go fr one plus original screen protector or not?
    I'm confused after reading all of it.

david costa and Fstop like this.
  4. steven65
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

steven65 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    If you dont mind your phone looking like this after you put it on, then sure go 4 it.
    If you are like me and think it looks really bad like that, then dont.

all other things aside not thinking about the estetics of the lovely shaped X, the xtras screen will protect your glass, wheter it goes all the way out or not, so if you are looking for extra glass protection, then yes.

If you can handle the phone and not drop or scratch it, by being carefull, and you like the look that it was intended to have then NO

:)

[​IMG]

5. branpham
    Donut Nov 23, 2015

branpham , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Is the pre-installed screen protector worthy of being kept on the phone? I also made the mistake by ordering a tempered screen protector w/ my device and I'm now debating whether using the pre-installed screen protector or nothing at all. Damn upsetting oneplus...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

bartmaple likes this.
  6. steven65
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

The problem i found with the preinstalled screen protector, was that it was a CRAZY fingerprint magnet 10 x more then with just the original gorilla glass, other then that its much sleeker then the tempered glass, and allthough it also doesnt go all the way out to the borders, it looks ok with it on, because its fairly thin, not thick like the tempered glass one, But oh dear oh dear the fingerprints were all over it all the time...

With the original nekkid glass you get a little fingerprints, but in no way near as with the plastic protector, so im NOT going to put anything back on my phone :)

Fstop and branpham like this.
  7. nashi316
    Jelly Bean Nov 23, 2015

nashi316 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Still confused extra glass no glass or perfect screen size glass don't get it.

8. steven65
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

Easy question.
    On other phones that you have had before, have you had extra glass protection on them?

if yes then get one.
    if no, and you scratched your glass get one

if no, and you did not scratch your glass then dont get one.

david costa and Fstop like this.
  9. branpham
    Donut Nov 23, 2015

branpham , Nov 23, 2015 :
    How does the tempered glass fare with fingerprints?

10. steven65
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

Well I only had it on the phone for like 10-15 minutes, I had to take it off it made the phone look soo ugly. But from the short time it was on, it seemed to behave like all tempered glass.
    Meaning fingerprints are to a very minimum :)

I am pretty sure the tempered glass itself is a good product, just such a bad fit to the phone because of the style the original glass is curved,, so im not dissing the quality of the glass, only the looks and fit of it.

CodeGeass and branpham like this.
  11. D.Hedwig
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2015

D.Hedwig , Nov 23, 2015 :
    I suggest you switch the device on when you paste the screen protector on top of the phone. Then its easier to centre it. I kept my phone off during installation and the result is the top screen isnt allined perfectly with the video screen. Its 1mm off on the left side. On the right its oke. It seems the glass protector should have been a couple of millimetres wider. At first there was a thin line of air on the bottom left corner of the screen, after some scrubbing and pushing it was looking better. After 3 days its almost gone. It doesn't look bad only annoyance is you
    can see the edges when you hold your phone sideways.

12. geffa
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

geffa , Nov 23, 2015 :
    https://www.facebook.com/cnmofi/posts/923969174390748

13. geffa
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

14. geffa
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

geffa , Nov 23, 2015 :
    https://www.facebook.com/cnmofi/posts/923969174390748

15. steven65
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

MMM, Too bad they dont make em for the Onyx black phones, anyway Ill wait n see some reviews on it first, im not so keen on chinese made stuff, again, so hopefully Copter, or Luvvit or some othere quality company will push some out.

but then again after using phone now 2 weeks with original glass i am so happy with it I doubt ill get a cover anyways.. the gorilla glass i exellent for the finger touch...just perfect it is

and to be honest, the phone looks lovely the way it is designed, without anything on top

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015

16. dizzyrulez
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

dizzyrulez , Nov 23, 2015 :
    You where right. Unfortunetly this glass not covered all screen (it looks exacly the same like original from OP) :/

17. janjelmer1
    Cupcake Nov 23, 2015

janjelmer1 , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Another company does make them, but i don't think they will work good because there will be a gap between te glass and the phone due to the 2.5D glass of the OPX. In no way it can lay perfectly flat (otherwise it should be smaller than the screen). However, here is the link ;)

http://flosmall.com/accessories/oneplus-x-flos-tempered-glass-screen-protector-black-detail

18. DanCtoo
    Honeycomb Nov 23, 2015

DanCtoo , Nov 23, 2015 :
    lol, look at some the specs of this: anti explosion and anti radiation.:D It can survive a nucleair blast :) 2.5D simply means curved edge of the side of the glass (so no Sharp edge but smooth). The glass itself is flat, not curved around the edge of the screen :D
    :D

david costa likes this.
  19. Fstop
    Gingerbread Nov 23, 2015

Fstop , Nov 23, 2015 :
    Lol, Confused too. Wow I didn't know there was so much to tempered glass protectors. Was getting ready to start a new thread for accessories like the protective screen, OTG, style covers, when I found this great thread.
    I'm going to wait on that screen protector, thank to everyone's input.

20. determinator
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 23, 2015

determinator , Nov 23, 2015 :
    A company called iLoome does it for screens similarly curved. I had the exact same problem with a Note 4 and a series of fugly 0.3 hard tempered glass screen protectors that wouldn't cover the entire screen. A sorry sight, not to mention the distorted view from certain angles.

What iLoome does is reduce the glass thickness to 0.2 or such and make the screen protector flexible so it adheres to the curves.

Granted, this costs quite a bit of cash - just like the rest of their range. Unfortunately, they do not manufacture for OnePlus...

Perhaps some other brand following the same approach does or will do?

agoinfly likes this.