3. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Nov 30, 2015

agoinfly , Nov 30, 2015 :
    Can you pls post some photos?

houseglow likes this.
  4. houseglow
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2015

houseglow , Dec 1, 2015 :
    I had the same problem with the tempered glass but i also experienced an other problem.

With my big surprise i found out that there was one extra foil on the glass which wasn't mentioned in the instructions or in any video.

So basically the glass was protected by 3 layers:
    1. the one with the sticker N°1 (that was in the instructions)
    2. the one with the sticker N°2 (that was in the instructions)
    3. the one i disscovered later (that wasn't in the instructions)
    One other very strange thing is that the glass, didnìt had the round hole for the camera. from left to righ there were:
    1. big orizontal hole for the speaker
    2. smaller oriziontal hole (i don't know for what)

Instead the protector foil that wasn't mentioned in the instruction had 3 holes (from left to right):
    1. round one for the camera
    2. big orizontal for the speaker
    3. smaller oriziontal (i don't know for what)
    WTF?

I am thinking to ask for refound. Do you know i could do that?

5. RMVC
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2015

RMVC , Dec 1, 2015 :
    I think that your misterious protector foil is the one that all OPX have on the screen.
    That OP puts on it.

6. houseglow
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2015

houseglow , Dec 1, 2015 :
    It might be...
    I had just opned the phone and already removed one layer, i didn't expect to find 2 protective layers on the phone.

WTF

And anyway why on the temoered glass there wasn't any hole for the camera?

7. Balkers
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2015

Balkers , Dec 3, 2015 :
    Also same problem with tempered glass screen protector. Is does not fully cover the screen and not adhesive enough on the edges. I made a ticket to OnePlus, but because it was after 15 days of sale, I colud not return it and get no money back. That is all they told me, no answer on my question about quality of screen protector.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015

8. OmarFPG
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 3, 2015

OmarFPG , Dec 3, 2015 :
    I was looking forward to get a Tempered Glass, since those are great and offer a very good protection. Though I saw the posts in the forum and I got discouraged to get the official one.

I've been keeping an eye on Amazon and online for good alternatives, specially those with the 2.5D as per suggestions in this posts. I had four or five I was looking for to get, but I stumbled across one of them offered free samples for reviews.

That was very interesting since their glass for other models are very well reviewed on Amazon, and the fact that they ask for reviewers on forums like XDA or Amazon speaks nice for themselves. I managed to grab one for review as well, so that made my choice easier, lol.

Rest assured I'll share the results here as well, once I get the X, the glass, and I've been able to test and review.

9. Balkers
    Gingerbread Dec 3, 2015

Balkers , Dec 3, 2015 :
    You maybe can, but must be done within 15 days after buy...otherwise they donnot support you

10. trix75
    Donut Dec 3, 2015

11. nilfisktun
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2015

nilfisktun , Dec 4, 2015 :
    I had the same problem at first even though I got it placed perfectly centered.
    BUT I noticed the unattached part getting smaller the day after, and I tried just pressing the part down on the screen and after doing that for 30 min, it stayed! I now have zero percent of the protector unattached, and it's stayed like this for a week! So maybe this is THE trick!

Hans104 likes this.
  12. bongio75
    Froyo Dec 4, 2015

13. Kéno40
    Jelly Bean Dec 4, 2015

Kéno40 , Dec 4, 2015 :
    I don't know if I have to press Like or HATE THEM !!
    Will you sent us a pic if you install it?
    Thanks

Edit : maybe they will offer you a discount on the ARC 3D if they do it one day...

14. bongio75
    Froyo Dec 4, 2015

bongio75 , Dec 4, 2015 :
    Not installed anymore but easly seen small size. I requested a new one really edge to edge for free or a full refund. I will not accept a poor discount.

Attached Files:

Kéno40 likes this.
  15. Johnny_Curry
    Froyo Dec 4, 2015

16. bongio75
    Froyo Dec 4, 2015

bongio75 , Dec 4, 2015 :
    They cannot sell this thing as "the first edge to edge screen protector with dry application"

17. ImreK0
    Honeycomb Dec 5, 2015

ImreK0 , Dec 5, 2015 :
    I've just bought one tempered screen protector from e-bay. It will arrive on the ~9-11th of December and I will give you guys feedback how it fits.

18. rockuppl
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2015

rockuppl , Dec 5, 2015 :
    I am from India, to be specific New Delhi. There is a new variety of glass available in the market, better than tempered glass as it is just like a screen guard film(0.3mm) called as Impossible Glass(Google it, many of you must be unfamiliar with it).
    Just lil bit of up and down space is uncovered(lil means 0.1% air) rest solidly stiched up to the screen. Scratch proof... I guess Corning gorilla will get scratch but couldn't get a scratch on that glass :pP

Market -Gaffar (Karol Bagh)

19. Angad010594
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2015

20. simievan
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2015

simievan , Dec 5, 2015 :
    Hi, I've ordered the oneplus X tempered glass screen protector a week ago from the oneplus one store. When I wanted to apply the protector on my one plus X. I've noticed the protector had a production/ fabric fault, where the hole for the camera is placed on the wrong side. So when I placed number 2 on top according to the manual the protector doens't fits te phone. Can I have my money back? Or get a new protector who doesn't contains this fault? Greets Simon

Attached Files: