OPX - tempered glass screen protector not fitting

1. spooner54
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2015

spooner54 , Dec 5, 2015 :
    uhm...i guess the hole isn´t for the camera....maybe the proximity sensor?
    also the tempered glass i use on my opo only had a cutout for the speaker....

2. simievan
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2015

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015

3. simievan
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2015

4. lucasnormand
    Eclair Dec 5, 2015

lucasnormand , Dec 5, 2015 :
    I have the tempered glass one too, and if you look on OPX specs sheet and compare the width and height to the Tempered glass OPX prot, its clear that they are not the same, why, idk but it is weird.

5. samheras
    Cupcake Dec 5, 2015

6. John Titor
    Donut Dec 6, 2015

John Titor , Dec 6, 2015 :
    Alright. So you have the OFFICIAL tempered glass from the OFFICIAL oneplus store for the OPX. Can you please tell me if there are any issues besides it "not fitting the entire screen". I knew it would not fit entirely because of the edges. But i'm reading reports of covering to much area and therefore getting a big bubble around the corners of the screen and so on. I've had it with all these dumb threads from people who ordered their screen protector somewhere in a store completely not affiliated with oneplus. what are they expecting?

7. lucasnormand
    Eclair Dec 6, 2015

lucasnormand , Dec 6, 2015 :
    EDIT : Quoted your post, and did not read fully, my appologies, they dont cover too much area its really just the side, if you apply it correctly.

Please tell me im not over thinking this? Ive only ordered from One plus my friend, and this is what i got, the protector clearly does not cover the ENTIRE width of the screen.
    Here is a picture from the Official Oneplus website, where the protector itself is sold (Quoted source under as left side image) as you can clearly see, the user is sticking out of the protector, and so is the screen on either side, ive also attached the specs to back up my claim.

screen slips out.png

I am NOT trying to start an argument, but you did seem angry at our claims, and here is what I have to back it up

Left Side : https://oneplus.net/ca_en/oneplus-x-tempered-glass-screen-protector
    Right Side : https://oneplus.net/ca_en/x/specs
    i cant math 2.png im bad at math or wat.png

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015

OmarFPG likes this.
  8. Ijjaz786
    Froyo Dec 6, 2015

9. Ijjaz786
    Froyo Dec 6, 2015

Ijjaz786 , Dec 6, 2015 :
    It won't fit entirely boss because its a serious curve because of that if producer's make curved tempered means I should around 25$ who needs that

10. John Titor
    Donut Dec 6, 2015

I know. I am completely aware of that. It's just that i read so many articles about people who just share false information about the screen protector by ranting about a piece of garbage they bought god knows where. I'm not mad, I'm actually sad about the fact that i cant get a straight answer about if this screen protector is worth the money or not. I know that the protector does not fit entirely because of the curves and i accept that. But i just want to know if there still are bubbles around the corners because i read article over article and in one they wrote that they experience bubbles around the display and in other ones they wrote the complete opposite. I'm just confused and want a straigt answer: Is the screen protector worth the money. Do you have any problems with the official one. That's just it

11. John Titor
    Donut Dec 6, 2015

Apologies for the double post...

I know mate. I'm not angry either. It's just sad that no one can provide a straight and clear answer. I know that the protector is smaller than the display itself. I just want to know if it is small enough to not go over the curves and therefore cause any bubbles. I already ordered mine knowing that it won't cover everything. I just want to know if the phone is still usable. Some users (of whom i'm guessing that they bought their protector somewhere not affiliated with oneplus) ranted about the protector making bubbles between the screen and the protector. I'm sorry if i sounded mad about it, i'm not. I just want to know if this thing is worth it or not..

And yeah sorry for the confusion. English is not my native language. I thought though that i wrote it clear enough. Sorry if that caused any troubles.

12. lucasnormand
    Eclair Dec 6, 2015

lucasnormand , Dec 6, 2015 :
    Sorry too for the rant, but no the protector from ONEPLUS, is nice and fits just flush with the top and sides to not cause any bubbles IF APPLIED PROPERLY, so then follow a video guide or the manual guide because its not as simple as most assume it is, if you want to do it properly.

John Titor likes this.
  13. UnicornKaz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 6, 2015

UnicornKaz , Dec 6, 2015 :

very true... ie. take a look over at Galaxy Note 4 section, they are having the SAME problems since day 1 with their tempered glass protectors !

14. UnicornKaz

The 2.5 D curve ONLY applied to the top of the protector ( so that your fingers glide smoothly over top )

It have NOTHING to do with the "sticky" side which is the topic of the discussion ( fitting on curved surface) !!!

15. sa00044
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2015

sa00044 , Dec 6, 2015 :
    I bought a tempered glass screen protector along with my OPX directly from OnePlus. Apart from not fitting as expected it has already started to wear off at the bottom right edge!

Attached Files:

agoinfly likes this.
  16. UnicornKaz

2.5 D only applied to the top surface to help make your fingers feel smoother when gliding on screen...etc

It has NOTHING to do with the sticky side or how it will help make these protector better.

The problem is with the curved display and dimension of the protector... whether you have 2.5 D or NOT.... does not makes better fitment due to 2.5 D at all !

17. UnicornKaz

18. CHJC
    Eclair Dec 6, 2015

CHJC , Dec 6, 2015 :
    I also ordered the official Tampered Glass screen protector. Since it's width is exactly the same as the actual 'screen' I know i definitely have it centered. No matter how hard I try to press it down on day one it would not stick due to the 'curves'. Gave up on it, and now dust is starting to gather in it despite being 4 days old only.

Attached Files:

agoinfly likes this.
  19. frgprd
    Cupcake Dec 6, 2015

frgprd , Dec 6, 2015 :
    yes, original for me too, and not a perfect fit, just at the edges a little bit wider than it should be

agoinfly likes this.
  20. GigabitEthernet

geffa and agoinfly like this.