2. tokarthik
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

3. rnocon
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

4. oh_datu_jib
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

oh_datu_jib , Jul 8, 2014 :
    Maybe
    Maybe they tried to poke and take a look inside haha. I'm just glad the phones packaging itself isn't damaged at all

5. jonathan3579
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

jonathan3579 , Jul 8, 2014 :
    It definitely looked that way! I'm surprised how there wasn't a mark or crease on the packaging.

oh_datu_jib likes this.
  6. darkangelism
    Honeycomb Jul 8, 2014

oh_datu_jib likes this.
  7. times_infinity
    Eclair Jul 8, 2014

times_infinity , Jul 8, 2014 :
    Anyone looking to call AT&T to activate their phone might run into a bit of trouble.

Called not too long ago and the rep I talked to said that AT&T rolled out a new policy about a month ago where you can no longer do over the phone activations even for the account holder.

The only way to activate a phone with a new SIM card is to go to a store and do it.

The explanation I got was because of a lot of recent fraud where someone would call claiming to be the account holder, activate a new SIM, then rack up a whole bunch of international calls. Then the real account holder would call saying that they couldn't make calls and such, and the rep would say that they recently called to activate a new SIM card and the the account holder would say they did no such thing.

So, it makes sense what they're doing. Although it's an inconvenience, it does makes sense.

Luckily I have an AT&T corporate store nearby.

8. jonathan3579
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

9. soccershad9
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 8, 2014

soccershad9 , Jul 8, 2014 :
    just take it in and they should give you one

10. anish3232
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

anish3232 , Jul 8, 2014 :
    I'm worried about activation. Looks like the only way to activate a micro SIM with a proper imei is in a working AT&T branded phone. AT&T keeps a list of imei numbers that are approved for lte. That seems to be the only way LTE (4g) will be active on the OPO. Then transferring the SIM into the OPO. Just wondering if anyone has had luck getting the activation done on another phone. Do not have any phones that use a micro SIM.

11. times_infinity
    Eclair Jul 8, 2014

That's not true. My sister has a Nexus 5 on AT&T and they activated it no problem.

12. stephenl0515
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

stephenl0515 , Jul 8, 2014 :
    This phone is amazing I got it today and its the best by far I wish it was a little smaller though.

13. anish3232
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

Well that's because she just had to insert the nexus 5 SIM card into the OPO. I'll have to get a brand new SIM and then activate the new micro SIM.

14. times_infinity
    Eclair Jul 8, 2014

That's not what I'm talking about. She had to get a brand new SIM as well when I gave her the Nexus 5.

You can go into the store with the unlocked phone and they'll give you a SIM, take the IMEI of the phone, provision it for LTE if it's capable and send you on your way.

15. anish3232
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

That is correct but the OPO IMEI numbers were not given to AT&T. Therefore when they enter the OPO imei in the system it does not register as lte. Just what I heard from others. They have to give them a different imei to get lte(4g) activated on the OPO. Does your sister get 4g signal?

16. times_infinity
    Eclair Jul 8, 2014

On her Nexus 5, yes.

But afaik, some stores will just take the IMEI of a display model phone, and then provision that SIM for LTE and the just stick it in the new phone if that is the case. So pretty much what you said. lol

anish3232 likes this.
  17. designpatrol
    Froyo Jul 8, 2014

designpatrol , Jul 8, 2014 :
    I hope mine won't stay in processing for as long as it was in "pending shipment" (8 days)

18. jollinshah

jollinshah , Jul 8, 2014 :
    my phone is sitting at the local UPS sort facility and wont be delivered till tomorrow :( wish i could just go pick it up today :D

CoachEgghead and anish3232 like this.
  19. anish3232
    Gingerbread Jul 8, 2014

Try getting on UPS My Choice and change delivery to pick up at distribution center. Might work.

20. jollinshah

jollinshah , Jul 8, 2014 :
    tried that but since the package hasnt been sorted they said i cannot change delivery until tomorrow. So i kept it as is

anish3232 likes this.