Oreo Closed Beta - 4th leak

1. G_Colin_Dodds_cIwC
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2017

G_Colin_Dodds_cIwC , Dec 11, 2017 :
    oh stop talking shit it's been leaked we choose to use as we obviously have big massive balls compared to those who choose not to

rajeev5252 likes this.
  2. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 11, 2017

Dunnow , Dec 11, 2017 :
    @youbi @rarog @camohan

I actually think this threads should be deleted (not only closed). And unstable uncertified builds prevented to reach further down the "unwanted people" chain. The less publicity about this, the better for the company.

MikeG247, otto2 and Bobbie63 like this.
  3. Akshayv97
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2017

Pawananand143 likes this.
  4. Shirish_Babbur
    Gingerbread Dec 11, 2017

Shirish_Babbur , Dec 11, 2017 :
    I'm getting vibes that you are one of the closed beta tester.

rajeev5252 likes this.
  5. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 11, 2017

G_plusone , Dec 11, 2017 :
    He probably won't get another OnePlus device unless Carl gives it as a refund for the op2 ;)

MikeG247, otto2 and ArmataReloaded like this.
  6. Impulse_CK
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2017

Impulse_CK , Dec 11, 2017 :
    I don't think these builds are "leaked" builds.

this is just same as HBO "leaked" GAME OF THRONES episodes.

I think OnePlus release these builds to find the problems in these builds. if anything goes wrong its not OnePlus problem, because these are not official. [e]1f601[/e]

rajeev5252 likes this.
  7. youbi
    Marshmallow Assistant Head Moderator Dec 11, 2017

youbi , Dec 11, 2017 :
    Sure, and why would we have the open betas builds?!?... o_O

We could try that, but the truth is that once is on teh internet we can't really fight against it, we can only warn users that this may be risky to install and they should avoid it.

But in the end, its always unstoppable, and then you will have users blaming Oneplus when they brick their phones... :confused::oops:

Cheetosdust likes this.
  8. Impulse_CK
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2017

Impulse_CK , Dec 11, 2017 :
    In open betas if something goes wrong OnePlus have to take responsibility.
    but with unofficial builds there won't be any problem.
    also they will able to get user opinions through xda or these forms.
    Im just saying my idea about these leaked builds. don't take anything serious [e]1f601[/e]

otto2 likes this.
  9. MGreyWolf
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 11, 2017

10. Dunnow

Dunnow , Dec 11, 2017 :
    No I'm not, I've been invited to be, in a few occasions.

Even if I were part of it, that doesn't make any change to the fact that this is not ment for the average user and OnePlus should not be covering warranty on your devices if anything goes wrong due to not being on the open betas... Closed betas are not ment for the public, and the public should not be spreading it. It's unstable software and may contain features that OnePlus doesn't want the competitors to know they are working on.

By making them public you are only exposing eager users to get failures that they should not experience and giving the competitors a bit too much information regarding the works.

varma246, otto2 and Cheetosdust like this.
  11. Dunnow

Dunnow , Dec 11, 2017 :
    except when something goes wrong, and a user fucks up big time and ends up as a CS ticket and the company has to lose time and resouces on helping that user that might or might not even know what they installed.

Now multiply that for thousands.

I can assure you, there have been cases already that installed the leaked alpha builds thinking it was the next "official" OTA.

I would love for Google to deny access to the play store to non certified builds, then I would laugh seeing how many people start saying "play services doesn't work"

Impulse_CK and otto2 like this.
  12. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 11, 2017

Cheetosdust , Dec 11, 2017 :
    It’s easy: you sign a NDA to test these builds. They’re not for public consumption nor they are finalized software.

If they break something, a closed group of people is affected and OnePlus can target the source of the problem and fix it before they are released on the Open Beta channels.

What do you think would happen if it was found who leaked the build? And also, what do you think is going to happen if there’s a major bug in one of them? Threads upon threads blaming OnePlus and asking for help.

MikeG247, otto2 and Dunnow like this.
  13. Dunnow

Dunnow , Dec 11, 2017 :
    True, but you underestimate people's stupidity and the less known this is the better for the whole.

As I said, I already think that OnePlus should change signature so people don't get the next alpha as an OTA.

MikeG247 and otto2 like this.
  14. Dunnow

Dunnow , Dec 11, 2017 :
    That's the next topic I was gonna touch upon, whoever leaked the build was in direct breach of the NDA and should be legally persecuted for it. NDA's are no joke, and it's obvious someone broke that and should face the consequences of the crime, even if it's as stupid as just a build being leaked.

Now, everyone else can leak next updates without being on breach of such "contract" because they were never part of it...

Not only that, what would happen if one build gets instructed to be installed from a clean install instead of downloaded as an OTA?
    People would still install it not doing the instructed and end up with a brick.
    Causing tons of issues on that regard too...

otto2 likes this.
  15. AshishPrinz
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2017

AshishPrinz , Dec 11, 2017 :
    Mate, I've been keeping an eye on you from the past week
    You're just replying *anything* on any post to gather points or whatsoever
    Keep that attitude in check

16. AshishPrinz
    Honeycomb Dec 11, 2017

AshishPrinz , Dec 11, 2017 :
    Why wait mate?
    Report him right away.

17. cssrc1974
    Jelly Bean Dec 11, 2017

cssrc1974 , Dec 11, 2017 :
    I keep doing what i do best.

18. Dunnow

Dunnow , Dec 11, 2017 :
    Missed that comment, that is like 80% true.

I would have a better approach to the company if I saw an actual gesture of good will after the bullshit we suffered for the OP2.

I would even participate on the testing if OnePlus provided the toy to play with.

But with as many mixed feelings and reviews, I don't see myself purchasing a new OP device as of yet. If it had Teble support and I knew custom roms would be easier to maintain, then I would even think about it just for using custom roms on it...

But none of those requeriments have been met yet.

Regardless of that, I already said so, the 5t seems yummy enough for me to try and jump on it. Yet again, I can wait 6 months and get the 6 anyway (which will for sure have to support treble)...

G_plusone and otto2 like this.
  19. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 11, 2017

Cheetosdust , Dec 11, 2017 :
    If it’s a free for all, yeah, there’s no point in signing it.

When the Open Beta for the 5T is released, I’m sure it previously passed by the Closed Beta channel - it’s probably being tested as we write.

People need to be patient and understand that usually rushed or unfinished software leads to complaints and headaches. Hell, even with the Open Beta builds sometimes there are infuriating bugs. You can’t have it both ways.

20. cssrc1974
    Jelly Bean Dec 11, 2017

cssrc1974 , Dec 11, 2017 :
    Has anyone flashed the 4th leaked closed beta so far.?
    How it has behaved so far?
    good to go? or leave it.