Oreo improved the battery

1. G_Roberto_Bianchi_TVRE
    Froyo Nov 21, 2017

G_Roberto_Bianchi_TVRE , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Fantastic job OP guys.

In a 17 months old OP3 (considering the longevity of the battery) with a heavy use and automatic light, after 4 hours 40 minutes SOT I still had left 24% of the battery. I guess that turning the light low and getting some sensor OFF I could easily reach still 8 hours.

With my old Samsung S3 I bearly reached 2 hours.

Keep it up.

Below a screenshot of my consumptions

1511238660985.jpg

Jassijee, beastkay and nilisblue like this.
  2. beastkay
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2017

beastkay , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Enjoy ! :D

MrHari_theCarguy and Jassijee like this.
  3. G_Dan_Myers_QJQz
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2017

G_Dan_Myers_QJQz , Nov 21, 2017 :
    My op3 gets like 3hrs soc after 8 hours and then the battery is dead. Normal usage to I'm not sure what's going on.

4. G_Mr_....
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2017

5. G_Mr_....
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2017

G_Mr_.... , Nov 21, 2017 :
    Hi have you done the basics like clear cache partition via recovery mode, if that doesn't work back up your important files then do a factory reset, as a last resort they usually fix any issues that may occur in my opinion.
    Hope this helps.

6. G_Roberto_Bianchi_TVRE
    Froyo Nov 21, 2017

I am sorry about that.
    I have few friends who don't know how to treat a battery, who destroyed the batteries in their phones coming later crying to me asking "why the battery doesn't last".

Of course it could be a defective battery, but 99% of the time is the user's fault.

The common mistakes that destroy the batteries are overcharching (but nowadays technology helps with that) but worse is draining the battery until almost ZERO (nothing helps if the user does that)

Be aware that in order to have your battery last longer in good health you should follow these tips:

1) Charge the phone usually up to 80 - 85%
    2) NEVER EVER for any reason allow your battery to go below 20%. The lower it goes it can start chemical reactions that destroy the battery faster..
    3) Don't use "so called" battery saver app. Many just give you a placebo effect or in order to "sabe battery" make your phone unable to be used correctly. Also they add unwanted pubblicity. Nougat and even better now with Oreo handle the battery very well, so no need of external apps.
    4) Once a month calibrate your phone. To do that: A) Get your battery untill 20%. B) Turn OFF the phone. C) Do a charge that last longer than 100 (So, leave it another half hour after it reached 100%). D) Restart your phone leaving it attached to the charger cable. That will allow the phine to reset the battery statistics. E) After one ir two minutes take away the phone from the cable charger. DONE.

I have done it since June last year and the battery is in a very good shape despite I am a heavy user.
    After I do the calibration, with 100% charged battery I get about 6 hours SOT with this 17 months old battery.

I hope it will help with your future phone batteries.

Satheesh.R. and MrHari_theCarguy like this.
  7. G_Roberto_Bianchi_TVRE
    Froyo Nov 21, 2017

Still 3 Hours is not that bad.

Is good that you find out if you have any app that drains your phone by constantly asking to have the location or bluetooth activated.