Orzly Fusion Custom backplate Template and Samples (ready to print)

1. yonoshiro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 29, 2015

yonoshiro , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Hey Guys.

I recently obtained the Orzly Fusion case and I must say, I much prefer it to my Ringke Fusion. In keeping with the custom template and sample backplates I designed for said Ringke Fusion, I now present the template and some samples for the Orzly Fusion.

WP_20150125_10_37_01_Pro.jpg

The process is more or less the same as with the Ringke and I will outline them below once more.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1) Download and extract the attached zip file "Orzly Fusion Template.zip" (at the bottom of this post). You should find two files therein; "canvas" and "orzly template".

2) Open the template and the canvas in Gimp in separate windows.

3) Drag the picture you want onto the canvas and scale it to suit your needs.

4) When you are satisfied with the picture, copy the template and paste it over the canvas (with picture).

5) The cutout itself is transparent but the background is white (to save ink). As such, you should see your picture as a cutout. Move the template around until it is set to your liking and then export the image as a .png with compression set to 0.

6) Close gimp and print the image with windows photo viewer. NOTE: If you tick "fit picture to frame", the cutout will be exact and it may be slightly difficult to keep the cutout aligned when placing the phone back into the case. If you untick "fit picture to frame", the cutout will be slightly larger than the actual clear back itself. Neither option really presents any issues and it boils down to personal preference.

7) Cut out the template and enjoy :)

(EDIT: @rag3 was kind enough to make a tutorial video outlining the specifics of using Gimp in making these custom backplates with my uploaded template. This can be found at the link hereunder)

------------------------------------------------------------

SAMPLES

I have also attached some samples for you all, ready to print,at the link below:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/pnbZsH3eba/Samples.html

These are previews of the samples included:

Samples Preview.png

------------------------------------------------------------

OTHER RESOURCES:

For those of you looking for the Ringke Fusion templates, please refer to my earlier thread here:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...r-you-guys-print-and-cut.113156/#post-5428538

For those of you looking for templates for any other clear case, please refer to this excellent thread, created by the talented @mahvi:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/easy-diy-custom-case-updated-template-designs.69993/

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Kind regards,
    Yonoshiro.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015

2. bestlands
    KitKat Jan 29, 2015

madmike95 and yonoshiro like this.
  3. mahvi
    Jelly Bean Jan 29, 2015

4. yonoshiro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 29, 2015

yonoshiro , Jan 29, 2015 :
    Glad you guys like it. :)

5. fgrhuhrg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 31, 2015

6. yonoshiro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 1, 2015

yonoshiro , Feb 1, 2015 :
    Nope. Not paint. However, Gimp is very straightforward, I assure you :).

twacrs and fgrhuhrg like this.
  7. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 1, 2015

Baymax , Feb 1, 2015 :
    I used Fireworks to make some templates, I will let you know how they turn out when I get my Orzly case on the 6th :) EDIT: I have attached a teaser of what I have created.

Being the Doctor Who Fan that I am, I decided I would make some like these. Came out pretty well if you ask me.

[​IMG]

I just find Fireworks a little easier to use anyway lol

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015

8. ynos21
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2015

ynos21 , Feb 1, 2015 :
    hi, can anybody link me if there is a video tutorial of this one? tnx or pls make one, i dont know how to use gimp, hehe T_T

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015

9. Baymax
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 2, 2015

Baymax , Feb 2, 2015 :
    I can maybe try and make one :)

EDIT: I made one and it is currently compressing right now. Will upload A.S.A.P.

EDIT2: so much for lossless footage >.< the first screen capture seemed fine until I tried compressing it. I decided to revert to my normal screen capture and it would crash right when I clicked the stop button. I am updating my laptop right now and will give another try shortly.

EDIT3: the lords of tutorial videos are smiling down on my now. The video is compressing very nicely now and should have a link up in a few minutes :)

EDIT4: Still waiting on the upload >.< I will post link here when I can!

EDIT5: gave up on other uploading website... just uploading to YouTube, tutorial will be available soon...

10. Baymax

Baymax , Feb 2, 2015 :

gmanphx, yonoshiro and ynos21 like this.
  11. Darko87
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 2, 2015

Darko87 , Feb 2, 2015 :
    That's look nice and clean back case like it keep up the good work man ;)

12. ynos21
    Cupcake Feb 2, 2015

ynos21 , Feb 2, 2015 :
    thanks...highly appreciated!!!:):D

edit1: i did it!!happy!!

13. yonoshiro

yonoshiro , Feb 2, 2015 :
    Thanks for the assist bro. Things are hectic at work, so I didn't get chance to make a tutorial video. :)

14. Baymax

Baymax , Feb 2, 2015 :
    Anytime man :) if you need anything else, just let me know as my work life is only hectic on certain days.

15. Baymax

Baymax , Feb 2, 2015 :
    You're welcome :) do enjoy your custom back cover!

16. Aaroneloy21
    Jelly Bean Feb 2, 2015

yonoshiro likes this.
  17. gmanphx
    Jelly Bean Feb 2, 2015

yonoshiro likes this.
  18. yonoshiro

yonoshiro , Feb 2, 2015 :
    Will do...maybe I should post your video link (with due credit of course) in my Ringke fusion template thread as well? I mean, it is more or less the same process.

Also. Were the templates you were using in the video mine? I saw the two files "canvas" and "orzly fusion template" and I felt a certain pride. My work has been featured on youtube. I can die now ;).

19. ynos21
    Cupcake Feb 2, 2015

ynos21 , Feb 2, 2015 :
    i did..i made a bunch..but i dont know how to post it here...im trying but it wont...now im just wating for the case to arrive!!!tnx again...and also @yonoshiro

edit: here's mine...
    Aang.jpg BBad.jpg

NLxRoyal likes this.
  20. Baymax

Baymax , Feb 2, 2015 :
    You can certainly do so. And I see you noticed that I had the canvas and orzly fusion template (yes it was the zip file I got from this thread) though I hate to be a buzzkill, I set it to unlisted, but I will gladly set it to public if you wish :)

yonoshiro likes this.