Orzly OnePlus TPU Case Review

1. jasonoon
    Froyo Aug 29, 2014

jasonoon , Aug 29, 2014 :
    Hey guys!

I bought one of these TPU cases from Amazon UK for 5 pounds with free shipping to me in Singapore. Took about a week plus to arrive and I've been using the case now for about 10 days.

Case looks great and provides excellent protection! It has a nice and thick raised edge to protect the phone when lying facedown. Has all the right cut outs for ports/speakers and has a nice slightly textured surface on the back for grip.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One small complaint, which is really minute, is that while the top edges are thick and solid for protection, it makes the pressing the power/volume buttons a little difficult. But it's really a small deal as compared to the good points of the case

I got it in black but its really a translucent black so you still can see some of your phone.

Really good case! Highly recommend it! You can get it here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orzly®-Prot...SmartPhone/dp/B00KQNYDNQ/ref=pd_bxgy_ce_img_y

They even have a bundle for this case and their tempered glass screen protector (which has only one cutout for the top speaker. Looks much nicer than the rest IMHO)

I have a couple of Diztronic cases on the way and i'll post a comparison once they arrive!

aalfreed, armmani2001 and dcmcc24 like this.
  2. africamonk
    Jelly Bean Aug 29, 2014

3. PhonnyTech
    Gingerbread Aug 29, 2014

4. borkenlogic
    Donut Aug 29, 2014

borkenlogic , Aug 29, 2014 :
    Canadian here, I skimmed your first sentence and read that you ordered a case that was 5 pounds. Clearly lacking sleep. I've had a similar TPU case on another phone before and had the same problem with the stiff buttons. If you're brave, consider taking a sharp crafting knife (below) and cut two edges of the case around the button to make it flex easier... I'll try to draw a pic.[​IMG]

jschlager likes this.
  5. StrsNStrps
    Jelly Bean Aug 29, 2014

6. B-Rad
    KitKat Aug 29, 2014

7. borkenlogic
    Donut Aug 29, 2014

borkenlogic , Aug 29, 2014 :
    (as my post above) I did something like this on one of my super rigid and tough TPU cases. I found it hard to press my volume buttons so I ended up making two small cuts around the power button (on the case). The dotted red line was where I made the small cuts. It makes the case a lot more flexible around the button.

Attached Files:

jschlager likes this.
  8. dcmcc24
    KitKat Aug 29, 2014

dcmcc24 , Aug 29, 2014 :
    Thanks for the review. Looks nice.

9. Fredenka
    Honeycomb Aug 29, 2014

Fredenka , Aug 29, 2014 :
    You paid full price et shipping from the UK but you could have paid a lot less if you bought this case on eBay.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014

armmani2001 likes this.
  10. dencal
    Honeycomb Aug 29, 2014

dencal , Aug 29, 2014 :
    @jasonoon
    Hi ,Thanks for the review could you shot a photo with OPO inside in front and expecially the back ?

Tnks

11. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Aug 29, 2014

ChrisTerp , Aug 29, 2014 :
    Looks very similar to a Tudia case. Tudia side buttons work. Good price and hope that included your shipping.

12. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Aug 29, 2014

Great idea. Was debating on doing this if I purchased the Cruzerlite Budgroid case but ended up getting the Tudia one - buttons work well without doing the surgery.

13. DRCH
    Marshmallow Aug 29, 2014

DRCH , Aug 29, 2014 :
    Have the same ;)
    It is awsome
    But changed back to my official flip cover, because a lot of dirt is under the orzly cover

14. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Aug 29, 2014

@K.P. Smith - @borkenlogic may have provided the better idea for button issues with some TPU cases: Blade slice cuts instead of cutting out buttons. If his diagram isn't attached I included the link to the thread page with his post and diagram.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/orzly-oneplus-tpu-case-review.100967/

K.P. Smith likes this.
  15. rodriguez.da
    Jelly Bean Aug 29, 2014

rodriguez.da , Aug 29, 2014 :
    Co
    Cool buddy

16. chongswee
    Jelly Bean Aug 29, 2014

17. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 29, 2014

K.P. Smith , Aug 29, 2014 :
    Cutting the button completely out of a TPU case won't fix the issue and in fact will leave you with a harder to press button. This is due to the fact the bottom side of your cut won't be chamfered to allow your finger into the newly cut hole to press the button. I just did this with a Cruzerlite case. Take my word for it.

Now what the other people above were suggesting of makig relief cuts .... That's a pretty good idea and I don't see any reason that wouldn't help.

18. Nibb42
    Cupcake Aug 29, 2014

Nibb42 , Aug 29, 2014 :
    The Orzly case has cutout holes for the buttons. You press the buttons through the cutouts, which is why they are a bit hard to press, so all this discussion about cutting reliefs slots and such is moot for this case.

Other than that, it's a nice case. The matte texture on the back is really pleasant to touch and the lip on the front protects the screen pretty well. I bought it as an interim case until some decent manufacturers like UAG or Spigen eventually show some interest in the 1+1...

19. RandomAlec
    Froyo Aug 29, 2014

RandomAlec , Aug 29, 2014 :
    I went with Diztronic for my case, don't have my OPO or case yet but I'll post about it when I have everything set.

Anyway, it would've helped with your "review" if you also showed your case installed on your phone to see what it looks like too. I've seen YouTube videos already though, so I know what the case is like. :p

20. jasonoon
    Froyo Aug 29, 2014

jasonoon , Aug 29, 2014 :
    Sure! here you go!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yugandhar, Anonymous_I and ChrisTerp like this.