Orzly Tempered Glass Problem

1. TeamVisionary
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2015

TeamVisionary , Feb 6, 2015 :
    So I just got my Orzly tempered glass today. And even after using alcohol and the stickers that came with it there is still some visible dust. But that's not really the problem. The issue is on my bottom right corner there is this air bubble I cant get rid of. Its on the edge of my phone. I've tried to lift up the glass and wipe it with alcohol but it didn't help. I think the adhesive on the corner is like not there and that's why its creating this bubble. Any ideas on how I can fix it cause its a eye sore and I dont want to remove it and waste my $14 dollars.

Attached Files:

2. Halcyonic
    Honeycomb Feb 6, 2015

Halcyonic , Feb 6, 2015 :
    The instructions say that after a few days, the bubble should disappear. I actually had the same problem myself in the same exact spot. However, I put a skin over my phone so I don't see that part of my phone.
    Actually, I just peeled the skin off at that part, and the bubble is gone. So you're all good!

Ceasedd, TeamVisionary and Lunatasian like this.
  3. Zachsaxe
    Lollipop Feb 6, 2015

Zachsaxe , Feb 6, 2015 :
    Same thing happen to me twice I got a refund and I switched brands

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015

4. Lunatasian
    KitKat Feb 6, 2015

Lunatasian , Feb 6, 2015 :
    It should go away. If it doesn't, I'm sure the seller would be willing to send you a replacement. Good luck! :)

5. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 6, 2015

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Feb 6, 2015 :
    It gives sore eye indeed. Are you sure nothing blocks the protectorsheet? The other (NEXT) thing could be the alcohol. There should be no alcool residue left. Doe you have a sharp close-up on the corner? Like, VERY good lighting and good angle? Im sure we can help you further because my orzly fits great. Feels nice. And is barely noticeable.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015

feluda likes this.
  6. evripidis
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2015

evripidis , Feb 6, 2015 :
    What case is that mate? I got myself a tpu with buttons cutouts and I find it difficult to press them.

7. Skf123
    Marshmallow Feb 6, 2015

Skf123 , Feb 6, 2015 :
    I highly doubt that bubble will go on it's own.

Use a binder clip to hold it down overnight, use a microfiber cloth inbetween to avoid scratching the phone. This method works for me anytime i have a bubble (small or large) with a glass protector.

8. TeamVisionary
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2015

[​IMG]

9. TeamVisionary
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2015

Its a Cruzerlite case. It's very nice but I dont recommend white since it gets yellowish after 2 weeks of use. Get a different color instead. Another good option is the Diztronic case.

10. TeamVisionary
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2015

Thanks I will try that tomorrow.

11. TeamVisionary
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2015

I hope they are kind enough to give me a replacement if it doesn't go away.

12. evripidis
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2015

13. TeamVisionary
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2015

Yeah I first thats what I thought but I think they revised it and made cut outs for the newer ones.

14. Skf123
    Marshmallow Feb 6, 2015

Skf123 , Feb 6, 2015 :
    I would do it as soon as possible, the longer you leave it like that the harder it will be to get it to stick properly.

15. evripidis
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2015

evripidis , Feb 6, 2015 :
    I find buttons hard to press with cutouts even tho I saw its easier on reviews. Many its the skin that I've got on. I think I'll go with diztronic

16. aspherical
    Jelly Bean Feb 6, 2015

aspherical , Feb 6, 2015 :
    To me, it looks like an alignment problem. Like the glass in that corner is bumping up against the plastic lip around the screen. If that's the case it's not going away and you'll need a replacement protector to fix it.

siocnarf13 likes this.
  17. Skf123
    Marshmallow Feb 6, 2015

Skf123 , Feb 6, 2015 :
    It looks like the case covers the chrome lip and the screen protector is smaller than the case so that's probably not the reason for the bubble.

18. Montucky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 6, 2015

Montucky , Feb 6, 2015 :
    they might be cool and give you a new one. If you do get the new one make sure that your screen is absolutely clean that your skin is clean and hydrated and that you're in a dust-free room with very low air exchange. Keep your head away from the phone while working on it and prepping the surface. Your corner looks exactly like a screen protector will look like when you don't use the plastic wedge to lift up on the screen. It looks like it was pryed off. find a really good clean room with no dust pull back your sleeves and wash up. The dander from your skin alone will drive you insane when trying to put a lens on glass. I would start with the middle and work my way to the edges and finally finish it by squeezing the new screen protector with the supplied plastic card. That little card can be used for taking it off and for working out bubbles.

TeamVisionary likes this.
  19. TeamVisionary
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2015

I just contacted Amazon. They said they would refund me. I'm going to try another tempered glass or should I just stick with Orzly? I want to try RhinoShield but its not really glass. I'm going to be super careful when I get my next tempered glass now.

20. PhilB61
    Donut Apr 26, 2015

PhilB61 , Apr 26, 2015 :
    What did you end up getting? I first got the official OPO tempered glass protector, and the whole left side was one big bubble. I then ordered the Orzly from Amazon, and decided to be super-careful to ensure proper application. I wiped everything down with alcohol, micro-fibre, and the dust stickers and just dropped the screen protector on exactly once. The end result:

image.jpg

I emailed Orzly, we'll see what they say.