Orzly tempered glass protector vs One plus one tempered glass

1. legacydabn
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2015

legacydabn , Feb 5, 2015 :
    So on day one i fitted the Orzly protector to mine as it was well recommended on here and the only one easily available to me. It got a few small chips around the edges and in the last few weeks got more and some smal cracks started to appear so it was time to order a new one. I ordered the Oneplus equivalent to give it a try as its slightly thicker and has cutouts for the front camera and proximity sensors so i wanted to see if there would be any difference

Orzly
    Pro's
    - Cheaper
    - Well packaged
    - Easy to install, no bubbles or visible adhesive marks when fitted
    - Only 1 cutout for speaker, looks better visually on screen
    - Comes off easily, even when cracked
    - Scratch resistant, i didnt notice any scratches or marks. Its sometimes popped in my pocket with keys or coins

Con's
    - Chips easily even in case
    - Slight loss in sensitivity over bare screen

Oneplus
    Pro's
    - Premium packaging, well laid out
    - Easier to fit with positioning tabs and squeege tool
    - Better touch sensitivity compared to Orzly one

Con's
    - 2 cutouts, 1 for camera and larger one for sensors and earpiece
    - More expensive delivered to Ireland
    - Adhesive marks after install(hopefully they will dissappear after a day or two)
    - No alcohol wipe included to clean screen

I'll update as i have more time with the Oneplus option fitted and see how durable it is(or not) in my hands. I dont treat my phones like a baby and wrap them in a bubble, but i also dont throw them around the place without care. Phone is in a Diztronic case most of the day so its well protected when im working

I was happy with the Orzly one until it started to chip so, ill see how the manufacturer's option compares! Both good options either way and i have yet to had a chance to test their drop protection(touch wood)

As mentioned here before its best to install these protectors in a well lit area with no dust or airflow, so i chose my bathroom just after a shower so the dust particles were nice and low, it really helps avoid trapping particles under the protector and ruining your install!

I ordered one of the new Orzly Flexi slim cases to try out as so far i have not been impressed with the Diztronic or Oneplus protective cases. Hopefully its more suited to my needs.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading. As a reward get up, walk to your fridge, and grab yourself a beer!

2. evo5ive
    Froyo Feb 5, 2015

evo5ive , Feb 5, 2015 :
    I've actually found quite the opposite with the Orzly in that my screen is actually nicer to use. Responsiveness feels the same but it has a certain 'feel' to it that I prefer over the device screen. Never used the OnePlus option so no comments there.

SpadeFire91 and Chugz like this.
  3. mikeyc326
    Honeycomb Feb 5, 2015

Chugz and navarde like this.
  4. Teex
    Cupcake Feb 5, 2015

5. Jartiel
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2015

Jartiel , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Tl;Dr version please :p

6. legacydabn
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2015

7. Montucky
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 5, 2015

Montucky , Feb 5, 2015 :
    I installed the Orzly on my phone and the opo on my friends white one. The Orzly has a better kit and cut to the glass. The OPO that was shipped with the white one had an off center cut to the earphone speaker. That cut was also too large horizontally. The front facing camera also has a cut out on the opo. The opo went on nice and the tabs were handy. No wet cloth on the opo kit and a very small dust sticker and microfiber cloth. Orzly over the opo for sure. IMG_20150201_104037.jpg

Chugz and navarde like this.
  8. legacydabn
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2015

Im only really using it for scratch protection, i dont think any of these would actually save it from a bad drop onto the screen

Montucky and bestlands like this.
  9. navarde
    Honeycomb Feb 5, 2015

navarde , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Always get a case along with it for more protection. Definitely a slim case though!!

10. nobelium76
    KitKat Feb 5, 2015

nobelium76 , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Oh man, that made me cringe.

Nice comparison, thanks!

11. legacydabn
    Gingerbread Feb 5, 2015

As i said its only a phone, not a baby! The screen protector saves those forgetful moments when it goes into the wrong pocket!

caiuss, evo5ive and Montucky like this.
  12. bestlands
    KitKat Feb 5, 2015

13. nobelium76
    KitKat Feb 5, 2015

To each their own, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful or judgmental. But it did make me cringe lol.

I currently have a rhino shield and have a orzly on its way (should be here tomorrow). I truely appreciate the reviews.

14. nunopinho1982
    Lollipop Feb 5, 2015

15. Chugz

Chugz , Feb 5, 2015 :
    I've dropped mine before and the screen protector cracked, guess what didn't? My screen. Bought another Casebase protector for £5 instead of a costly £100 screen repair. Tempered glass is well worth it.

16. Mztech

Mztech , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Thanks for the comparisons. I had a bad experience with the Orzly. Didn't get a chance to sport it on my OPO because it was scratched when I took it out the package. Tried to apply it anyway, but it looked awful so I took it off. Still trying to decide what to get.

17. sudnut

sudnut , Feb 5, 2015 :
    Nilkin
    9h

18. erzengelsachiel
    KitKat Feb 5, 2015

19. nobelium76
    KitKat Feb 5, 2015

I love my rhinoshield, but unfortunately I applied it a little off center and one of my cases caused it to bubble all across the top. Figured I would see what tempered glass was like so I went with orzly

20. davidkelly86
    Gingerbread Feb 6, 2015

davidkelly86 , Feb 6, 2015 :
    The Orzly Screen Protector has been doing a fantastic job since I got my OPO; I put it on immediately so I haven't actually touched the real screen of the phone. Combined with the Diztronic bumper cases provides an all around protective seal. Makes the phone feel nice and safe.