OTA update failed - installation problem via OnePlus 8T

1. Doggie52
    Cupcake Apr 12, 2021

Doggie52 , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 12, 2021 :
    Have searched but found nobody with similar issues.

My OTA to 11.0.8.11 keeps failing. It briefly says System update downloading and then asks me to Resume, after which it again briefly loads and then quits with Couldn't update - Installation problem.

Any ideas why this happens? I've cleared storage for Google Play Services as well as looked for a folder to delete but cannot find anything in my data that suggests it's OTA cache.

The only thing I can think of is causing the issue is that my phone is rooted, but really I don't see how that would break anything.

Thanks in advance for any tips!
    1618263552985.jpg

2. VickyMhatre
    Eclair Apr 13, 2021

Best Answer

3. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 13, 2021

the_o2 , Apr 13, 2021 :
    From the file manager enable show hidden files and head over to .OTA folder and delete the file in that folder. Now download the update.

BTW is the phone is carrier specific like T-mobile version etc. ?

Caoimhín likes this.

5. Doggie52
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

Doggie52 , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    I don't have that folder in my storage, even after enabling hidden files. My phone is not carrier specific, no.

6. the_o2

7. Xcommunicad0
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2021

Xcommunicad0 , via OnePlus 8T , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Not sure if you can directly update to OTA from the rooted device; see if below helps...it is for the devices with Beta version.

Go to first official Beta thread i.e.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/oxygenos-11-open-beta-1-for-oneplus-8t.1400715/

For steps to follow, refer to section... "OBT to MP rollback guide—via Local OTA update"

In the same thread, you can download the version as per your region from this section... "Want to go back to MP? Download the Rollback package from the links below:"

If the update is successful then you should be able to update to latest version as well.

Please do take the necessary backup as required.

Alternatively, you can try updating from Oxygen updater as well. You would need to download the App from the Play Store for the same.

8. kamal.kv
    Honeycomb Apr 13, 2021

9. eastbay
    Lollipop Apr 13, 2021

10. Doggie52
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2021

Doggie52 , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Oxygen Updater didn't have the latest version when I first checked, it now seems to have been uploaded to OnePlus and so is available. Went through and updated through the app and it worked fine. Thank you everyone for your help!

the_o2 likes this.
  11. the_o2

the_o2 , Apr 13, 2021 :
    Good to know that your issue is solved and thanks for mentioning, marked the thread as solved.