OTG does not work after update to android 11. via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. rusol95
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2021

rusol95 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Oct 25, 2021 :
    After update to android 11 in my OnePlus 7pro does not work OTG. In system settings OTG enable, but smarphon not to see anyone OTG connection. Please help me with this problem.

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Community Expert Oct 25, 2021

Dresa91 , Oct 25, 2021 :
    Hey,

can you please clean the USB port of the device?

3. dsleeman
    Donut Nov 20, 2021

dsleeman , Nov 20, 2021 :
    Same issue with an external webcam (Poly P5 - top of the line webcam). Opened Case ID: 211106-010060 with support last week, and provided them log files and OnePlus support acknowledged the issue and actually stated (bold/underline added by me):

"This is regarding our previous chat conversation we had earlier for the camera issue we do really appreciate your files and information for the camera issue we have collected all the information from you passed this information to our higher level team and the issue will get fixed by the next update. We request you to stay stunned for the next update, Please free to contact us if you have any further concern."

Specifically, this camera worked fine with OxygenOS v10.x with "Prism Live Studio" (excellent app), and with v11, it only detects as an external microphone.

So, OS v11 pooched something, and OnePlus should be fixing it. They better fix it anyway - I've invested about $3k in their devices over the last 2 years, and this functionality is critical for me (to capture video of competitive pool).

The question is (and I asked) when will 'the next update' be, and what _exactly_ does 'the next update' mean?

The answer back was "We currently do not have any updates regarding the operating systems. Please stay tuned to our official channels."

<sigh>

4. Artemus
    Junior Moderator, Community Hero 2020 Junior Moderator Nov 20, 2021

Artemus , Nov 20, 2021 :
    One question... why are you trying to use a webcam on a phone that has cameras on it already? o_O

Dresa91 likes this.