OTG Not working?

1. add1ct3dd
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2015

add1ct3dd , Sep 20, 2015 :
    Hey,

So I've just received my 2nd USB-C -> USB OTG adapter, but again this one isn't working.

I've gone into the Rom -> Settings -> Storage and enabled OTG, but any device I plugin does not power up? Any ideas?

It's backwards compatible (the OTG adapter), so should support USB 3.1/3.0/2.0.

Anyone got it working?

So I have both of these adapters:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00W5BL1N2?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00XLF1BZ4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Neither seem to work for me? I am trying to connect to a flight control board, so using a normal USB -> Micro USB, but the boards in question do not receive any power, nevermind data!

Any ideas?

I specifically need it for Quadcopter tuning (Cleanflight).

asaf123098 likes this.
  2. alexhansford
    Eclair Sep 21, 2015

alexhansford , Sep 21, 2015 :
    I ordered the first one which came today - didn't work. :(

I managed to get OTG USB working based on an old micro-USB OTG adapter and the USB-C converter from OnePlus - but even then it didn't look like much power was going to it.
    Just enough for a USB stick - not much more by the looks of it.

Interestingly I bought it to see if it would power a ACR122 NFC card reader (I'm one of those people who actually use NFC as part of my job) - but it didn't light up. :(

3. add1ct3dd
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

add1ct3dd , Sep 22, 2015 :
    Bump, anyone? This is quite a crucial thing to not have working when it is supposedly supported.

4. daninantro
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 22, 2015

5. xisklan
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2015

6. add1ct3dd
    Gingerbread Sep 22, 2015

add1ct3dd , Sep 22, 2015 :
    I have, still doesn't work.

Bump - this needs more visibility!

To clarify I have tried all sorts of devices - memory sticks, hard drives, and also other usb devices such as a Naze 32 Flight Controller - none of them work - it seems none are even getting power, nevermind the data being read.

I am also not the only one, covered a lot on XDA-Developers, but it seems nobody is kicking up a fuss here..

7. keefie
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2015

add1ct3dd likes this.
  8. wmm
    KitKat Sep 23, 2015

wmm , Sep 23, 2015 :
    There are at least a couple of other threads on this in the forum. Most people are reporting that this is not working; several people have said, though, that it does work with the official OnePlus USB-C adapter (which, unfortunately, is out of stock in the U.S. currently).

pa5t1s and nobelium76 like this.
  9. add1ct3dd
    Gingerbread Sep 24, 2015

add1ct3dd , Sep 24, 2015 :
    Interesting, I guess it's some oddity with a USB 2.0 Type C port, though the 3.1 OTG adapters should be backwards compatible... I've ordered one from France off of eBay, hopefully get it soon (an official one).

10. Rubinho10
    Honeycomb Oct 2, 2015

Rubinho10 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Does anyone knows if OTG cables are working now with the OPT?
    I just ordered a few on amazon two days ago but it seems that it only works if you use cables with the OTG adapter sold by oneplus.
    That would be really disappointing!

11. Andros_nic
    Honeycomb Oct 2, 2015

Andros_nic , Oct 2, 2015 :
    i bought the one from one plus official store and it works fine. have you tried that one?

12. wmm
    KitKat Oct 2, 2015

wmm , Oct 2, 2015 :
    I ordered a USB-C OTG adapter from Amazon, and it is definitely not working. As far as I know, using a micro USB OTG cable with the official OnePlus adapter is the only confirmed working solution; I haven't seen anyone with a link to another adapter that is confirmed to work.

Rubinho10 and pa5t1s like this.
  13. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Oct 2, 2015

pa5t1s , Oct 2, 2015 :
    OTG will work ONLY with OP adapter and a REGULAR micro-USB OTG cable.
    OP adapters available on Ali Express.

14. Rubinho10
    Honeycomb Oct 2, 2015

Rubinho10 , Oct 2, 2015 :
    Are you sure that the OP adapters that offers Ali Express are original? Have you tried by yourself?
    Thanks for your help as always:)

15. Evidz-7
    Eclair Oct 14, 2015

16. shortyx42
    Froyo Oct 16, 2015

shortyx42 , Oct 16, 2015 :
    I got now the third OTG-Cable and nearly the same MircoUSB-2-Type-C-Adaptor, but NONE is working!

Same with the adaptor and the OnePlus-OTG-Cable (for OPO)...

Why isn't it working? What "electric" connections are inside a OTG-Cable? Nexus-Importer said: OTG-Support ok, but no cable (like some other test-apps).

Trouble. I want to copy pics from my big DSLR to the OPT. Works fine with OPO.

But OTG on OnePlus Two is not working at all!

Help!

17. bassopt
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2015

bassopt , Oct 16, 2015 :
    The only that works is the official one as said before,

That and a usb type c usb 2.0 otg cable from orzly, which is appears to be out of stock right now.

I have both and both work. All the other adapter I've tried none worked. Probably because they were either usb 3.1 or 3.0...

18. finbaar
    Froyo Oct 16, 2015

finbaar , Oct 16, 2015 :
    We have a 2.0 port. It seems that if you want the extra functionality that is provided by OTG (rather than just charging and data) then you will need a 2.0 adapter. The OTG adapter itself is also 2.0 and this is probably why it wont work with 3.0/3.1 adapters. My OP adapter and two cables have been shipped today, yay! However my OP2 hasn't been shipped, boo. At least I will have some nice red cables to look at.

19. wmm
    KitKat Oct 17, 2015

wmm , Oct 17, 2015 :
    I bought one from Ali Express. The one that I got is the original OnePlus adapter, and it does work with OTG devices and cables.

20. bonghollywood
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 17, 2015

bonghollywood , Oct 17, 2015 :

Will not work if you need it to power a USB device even if you have the right adapter.

Just like the one I said on top it will not power and USB device that requires powering up unless you can rig a USB cable attaching an external power source.

Not backwards compatible as wiring structures and loadsare different from different adapters.

Here we go again :D

It works... I bought one from there as long as it said oneplus from the silicone cover.

pa5t1s likes this.