Other person can hear ECHO via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. skip029
    Froyo Dec 13, 2019

skip029 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 13, 2019 :
    No issues before the update 10.0.3, now everyone is saying whenver they speak to me they can hear themselves echoing.

I have tried resetting mobile networks, turning VoLTE off, toggling airplane and mobile data off, 2/3G only off/on, lowered volume during call. Nothing works so far.

Contacted OnePlus Support. He (Michael) suggested I shut down the phone completely, hold Volume Down + Power, Select English, clear Cache, clear cache and restart. (Do not erase everything, just cache). Seems to be working again with no echo. But 15 min later it came back. Last resort is a HARD RESET (factory).

Anyone else have same issue or a fix??

Edit: Just found out if I put the call on SPEAKER PHONE, the echo stops for the other person.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019

Marius.badana and F1578583663387 like this.
  2. skip029
    Froyo Dec 13, 2019

skip029 , Dec 13, 2019 :
    Edit: Just found out if I put the call on SPEAKER PHONE, the echo stops for the other person. It also seems like, after every restart the FIRST call made won't echo but every call after that will.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019

3. V1558103251631
    Cupcake Jan 1, 2020

V1558103251631 , Jan 1, 2020 :
    I have the same exact issue on both my 7pro phones. Following a recommendation from the forum i called the support line (US) +1-833-777-3633.

I have told them i updated both my 7 pros to 10.0.3 and have experienced hearing my own voice echoing during a phone call, as well as the other person hearing their own voice echoing as well. i have updated the phone to 10.3 and the same issue exists.

OnePlus support person told me that the only current fix is to downgrade your phone to 9.5 and lose all your data in the process. they are refusing to provide a replacement phone.

After speaking to a supervisor/manager, they offered a shady alternative, to allow the tech support team have remote access to my phone, install some "file" that "might" fix the issue.

I did buy the 24 month extended warranty, which is essentially a 3rd party service for accidental damage. OnePlus says that they WILL NOT replace the phone, as this is isn't their problem or fault.

Few minutes later, the representative admitted that this is a wide spread issue affecting most OnePlus 7 Pro phones as well as majority of the 6T phones, when they get updated to the 10.x Android. She admitted that their developers are working on a "fix", but there is no due date for the fix, nor a guarantee they'll address this issue.

What do you say? Maybe a class action lawsuit will wake them up? Maybe a legal approach will force them to finally admit this issue and give a fix or replacement?

I'd recommend everyone to call their local OP support line, record the call, and insist on a replacement.

F1578583663387 likes this.
  4. topstan
    Eclair Dec 3, 2020

topstan , Dec 3, 2020 :
    It has been roughly a year since first report of this problem and as far as I can see, nothing has changed. My wife and I talk to our son in FL by speaker phone and he can't deal with the echo. On my wife's iPhone, there is no problem. There is a mention here of working around the problem by "put the call on SPEAKER PHONE". I'm not sure what this means since having the call on speaker phone seems to BE the problem. If anyone can clarify this work-around, I would appreciate it. A fix from OnePlus would be better...

5. AmitVaghela143
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2020

6. Hitzilla4
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2020

7. Saqibbhat
    Cupcake Dec 4, 2020

8. _Bharat_
    Gingerbread Dec 4, 2020