Gingerbread Apr 8, 2017

2. F_William_Guttman_JhRM
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2017

3. G_CHANDAN_ISLAM_vvzA
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2017

4. TejoS
    Donut Apr 8, 2017

TejoS , Apr 8, 2017 :
    Just check all the folders first. Then let us know here what you find. You can use solid explorer to see the size of each individual folder

5. wenna
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 8, 2017

wenna , Apr 8, 2017 :
    no need to get solid explorer for that. you can use the system standard explorer too. just long press to select folder. then press three dots on top right and choose details.

6. SimonRam
    Lollipop Apr 8, 2017

7. G_Tejaswi_Ramavathu_ueNQ
    Eclair Apr 8, 2017

8. Heisenberg_009

Heisenberg_009 , Apr 8, 2017 :
    What about OTA files? I think OOS doesn't delete OTA files and if update fails the first time, it downloads the full zip for update. Check for hidden files in file explorer. And also OnePlus forums app caches a lot of data close to 250 MB on my phone mostly images and all, that too after I've manually deleted all the items from OnePlus folder on my phone just 2 days ago. Check for it too. If you use any IMs for example Whatsapp, all of its data also comes under others. If you have saved any YouTube videos for offline use then it will also be polled under others in storage section. Think of all the possibilities and try removing data from them and checking your storage again.
    And there is a bug where the storage is not updated immediately but after a reboot. I don't know if OOS is affected by that. Someone can answer that for me though.

9. mkm8595
    Eclair Apr 8, 2017

mkm8595 , Apr 8, 2017 :
    Are you talking about the .Ota folder? I've seen it taking around 2 gb of space.

10. Heisenberg_009

Yes. And it is counted toward others in Storage option. Remove all the files and you will have that space back

mkm8595 likes this.
  11. TejoS
    Donut Apr 8, 2017

TejoS , Apr 8, 2017 :
    Yes, i have seen that.. That's pretty much the same thing in almost every file manager.
    But in solid explorer, u don't need to do any long pressing and choose details. It just displays straight away and it's quite convenient.

12. G_BPP_PPB_VljA
    Froyo Apr 8, 2017

G_BPP_PPB_VljA , Apr 8, 2017 :
    From Wikipedia

Nougat introduces a system for enabling "seamless", automatic system updates, based upon and sharing some code with the implementation of similar functionality on Chrome OS. The system uses a pair of SquashFS partitions; the Android system executes from an "online" partition, while updates are applied in the background to a redundant "offline" partition. On the next boot following the installation of an update, the redundant partition is designated as active, and the device henceforth boots into the updated system. The previous system partition is kept as a backup in case of update failure, and to serve as the "offline" partition for the next update. This system removes the requirement for the device to reboot into the system recovery environment to apply the update (which prevents the device from being used until the update is complete) and also provides the ability for an update to be automatically rolled back in case of a failure. Due to the partitioning requirements of this system, existing devices will not support seamless updates. Additionally, due to the ART changes on Nougat, apps no longer need to be re-compiled upon the first boot after a system update.

13. Heisenberg_009

I don't think this is implemented on OP3. You said it yourself, existing devices don't support it. AFAIK only pixel supports it at this point. May be the LG G6 or Samsung Galaxy S8. Also when we click on update on OP phones, an update screen shows up indicating the installation of an update. If its applied seamlessly, that shouldn't happen.

14. Sandeeprsaini
    Cupcake Apr 8, 2017

15. Harry Tsang
    Gingerbread Apr 8, 2017

16. siddharthgpta
    Honeycomb Apr 8, 2017

siddharthgpta , Apr 8, 2017 :
    if you factory reset your device the "others" category will be 3.9(~4) gb. it represents the size taken up by the system partition I believe. apart from that "others" includes things that cannot be categorised into things like music, movies, etc. for example if you make a backup through twrp or your apps backup through Titanium backup these will come up here. also files that are not recognise will be a part of the others category too. so at best you can bring down that category to around 4gb. you should clean up whatever you don't need anymore.

Heisenberg_009 likes this.