Our Approach to Honest Design

1. Mustakim_Al_Maruf
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2018

2. mansig84
    Donut Apr 24, 2018

mansig84 , Apr 24, 2018 :
    I just can't wait to touch and feel the One Plus 6. I'm sure it's going to an ace design.

To be honest, I was a bit upset by the comments above. OnePlus never promises to be innovative or different it always says Never Settle. You just continue to make a better product than whatever is available in the market and at a great price point. Though this is my first owned OnePlus I have been gifting OnePlus since OnePlus came out to my brother, partner, anyone who needs a great phone and who doesn't want to settle.

MikhailTheItalian likes this.
  3. Pete
    CEO Staff Member Apr 24, 2018

Stickied Post
    Pete , Apr 24, 2018 :
    Understood. That's why we utilize Corning Gorilla Glass 5 which provides the best protection and performance in the industry. All of our products go through strict durability and drop tests, and the OnePlus 6 is still held to those same high standards.

4. Pete
    CEO Staff Member Apr 24, 2018

Stickied Post
    Pete , Apr 24, 2018 :
    After rigorous testing across a range of different material possibilities, we believe the glass on the OnePlus 6 creates a best possible user experience. The glass significantly improves signal reception and LTE performance, with a design and feel that I can't wait for you to experience. :D

5. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 24, 2018

youbi , Apr 24, 2018 :
    I'm sure all those youtubers that love to smash things will leave no doubts about how well it resists. :sweatsmile:

I guess it wont as resistant as aluminum, but its good to know that at least it will be on the good side of glass. :innocent:

Besides that, I guess it will also bring all those virtues that only something like glass can provide. Can you point out some of the reasons for that material choice besides the looks? I'm curious how much it will improve the wireless signals and if it can even help on the phone SAR values.

Edit:

@Pete was faster on the reply. :D Nevertheless I'm curious about the SAR values, since it seems so many users express their worries about that sort of thing around here.

meatandy likes this.
  6. techwiz08
    Eclair Apr 24, 2018

techwiz08 , Apr 24, 2018 :
    How did such flashy feminine colours and looks become the norm? I hate the twilight colors used in huawei phones recently. Looks like Oneplus is following suit.

7. youbi

youbi , Apr 24, 2018 :
    And from where did you got that conclusion? My guess is that you will have colors for all sort of tastes, just like you had with the 5t (Black, white and red). That way you can pick the one you like more. :D

meatandy likes this.
  8. iNtEnSePL
    KitKat Apr 24, 2018

iNtEnSePL , Apr 24, 2018 :
    I can't wait it neither, that's why sent my application to the LAB ;) Let me review the thing. Honestly.

meatandy and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  9. pirata_1985
    Nougat Apr 24, 2018

10. pirata_1985
    Nougat Apr 24, 2018

11. Popsmelove
    Froyo Apr 24, 2018

Popsmelove , Apr 24, 2018 :
    +1

Wing Nut likes this.
  12. Popsmelove
    Froyo Apr 24, 2018

Popsmelove , Apr 24, 2018 :
    [​IMG]
    +1

Wing Nut likes this.
  13. spudski76
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2018

spudski76 , Apr 24, 2018 :
    Just release the damn thing then and take my money [e]1f60d[/e]

14. youbi

youbi , Apr 24, 2018 :
    The thing is that sometimes you only know half the story, so its not always easy to get some decisions, and besides that not always the option with more votes can actually be proven right. Time usually does a better job on proving the best decisions. :)

I bet that in 2007 before Apple launched the Iphone, if Nokia did a survey to is fan base asking if they would rather have screen touch buttons or physical buttons to use the phone most would have chosen the physical buttons. And now after all this time, I'm sure most of them would have regret that choice. :sweatsmile:

So in the end what I'm trying to say, is that when you look to things from the outside, it may seem a strange decision, but sometimes you can't really let the probably "less informed" majority decide.

I was also one of those that also voted for metal in that survey, so now I'm just like you waiting for @Pete to prove me wrong and to show me why glass is better for the next device. ;)

15. handheld_addict
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2018

handheld_addict , Apr 24, 2018 :
    Eagerly awaiting the OnePlus 6T

16. Hughez1
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2018

Hughez1 , Apr 24, 2018 :
    These are the moments that make me believe in oneplus, having a sincere and open relationship with the community is really a key for success, it's impossible to please everyone, but damn you re trying to! Eagerly waiting for the 6 <3

17. Flynny101
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2018

Flynny101 , Apr 24, 2018 :
    We can only dream!

18. johnnymartz3
    Jelly Bean Apr 24, 2018

johnnymartz3 , Apr 24, 2018 :
    I was hoping that with the OnePlus 6, I could finally return to the OnePlus family (the last phone I got from them was the OnePlus 3) but the glass back has me questioning that. I was really hoping for something different.

Wing Nut likes this.
  19. G_Frederic_Palussiere_Ip
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2018

G_Frederic_Palussiere_Ip , Apr 24, 2018 :
    Oh no ! Not a glass back !
    It means fingerprints endlessly on the phone !
    I would have preferred a ceramic back or the same sandstone one much less messy.

20. mavg7
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2018

mavg7 , Apr 24, 2018 :
    How about release date? price? we want to know more! (tbh i want to know so i can save money lol)