Lollipop Apr 23, 2018

TheRealGamer , Apr 23, 2018 :
    I thought the Expert Plus Pro Pro will be made out of vibranium

2. DutchBorg
    Donut Apr 23, 2018

3. itssandeepd
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2018

itssandeepd , Apr 23, 2018 :
    i feel people who say that are kind of stupid. OnePlus ain't doing it caz essential did the notch, it's apple who these cheap android OEMs are following. and fyi i know about essential and it doesn't have anything to do with the notch implementation going on lately with all these android phones. it doesn't even have proved itself to talk about it while we are discussing about companies like OnePlus.

G_Rohan_Reznor_Froa likes this.
  4. sharkooon
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2018

sharkooon , Apr 23, 2018 :
    I can't find any information about implementation of phone airbags, so it wont break :(

meatandy and DooMMasteR like this.
  5. malidan
    Nougat Apr 23, 2018

malidan , Apr 23, 2018 :
    5 layers of nano whatever

We applied 5 layers of Nanotech Coating instead of 3, even though the degree of separation between each layer is extremely subtle and tough to discern. However, the additional layers give the back of the device a stronger impression of depth that our most demanding users will surely appreciate. Closely examine the OnePlus 6 and you’ll indeed see this subtle nuance embedded in each device.

A first in the industry?
    I'm not too sure if they are the same but Huawei had 15 of these nano thingys on the Honor 8.

6. TheRealGamer
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2018

TheRealGamer , Apr 23, 2018 :
    All the things you wrote are absolutely correct. Glass is fragile and it doesn't make the phone premium. I thought they are Never Settling with their ideas, and settling with ours.

7. malidan
    Nougat Apr 23, 2018

malidan , Apr 23, 2018 :
    I know I've been reading what their saying. I have a few threads to revisit.:tearsofjoy:

Form over Function they said.

8. CrownedSusanoo
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2018

CrownedSusanoo , Apr 23, 2018 :
    After reading the post. Realizing the Oneplus 6 will feature a glass back, I must admit. I'm not really a fan of glass seeing as well, It's glass. It can shatter. Which means if it drops. That's gonna be tough to replace. Though this may only be the bottom corner of the phone, still. It... is.... SEXY!!!! I must admit. Looks wise, This is HIGHLY appealing.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018

G_Rohan_Reznor_Froa and meatandy like this.
  9. strafer
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2018

strafer , Apr 23, 2018 :
    Once upon a time there was a new smartphone company. They made sandstone covers for glitchy iPhones to blame them.
    Now this company needs someone who will make sandstone covers for their glitchy OP6 phones to blame them.

meatandy, marlox, otto2 and 1 other person like this.
  10. DooMMasteR
    Eclair Apr 23, 2018

DooMMasteR , Apr 23, 2018 :
    Sry, but glass? srsly?
    The cool thing about the OP1-2-3-5 where those robust designs (even the sandstone was better than glass, because a back was replaced in 5 seconds and cost less than $10.
    the o+3 was basically a brick and is still indestructible to me.
    but there was already the issue of rising prices and now I expect >600€ and get a less durable phone? for a more premium feel which will in 99% of the cases end up in a TPU case?

Oneplus should think about the main brand strategy, but Xiaomi is pretty nice looking at the moment and has great offers at ~300-400€ competing with Smasung on stupidity will fail, take a look at LG and Sony, HMD however does great with their very well valued phones.

11. afr0dactyl
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2018

DooMMasteR and NeVeR_SeTTLe like this.
  12. Texhnolith
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2018

Texhnolith , Apr 23, 2018 :
    Notch and Glass, you just lost me as a customer.

A notch is just a terrible design choice. It only hinders the usabilty of the phone.
    All it does its cover up a design issue that cant be properly overcome since everything has to be edgeless.
    I dont care for edgeless screens. I love that my OP3T has areas where i can place my thumbs when holding it.
    Or rather, I would love to have front facing speakers again as I did on my HTC One M7. And you lose the fingerprint reader on the front, which i use a LOT when my phone is on my desk.

Glass back only means ill be sure to break my phone. It's an device I want to be able to use.
    Not fearing to drop it everytime I grab it. Wireless charging doesnt provide me with a functionalty i care for either. Its too slow and im still stuck more items on my desk, one of them still being wired.

I know I'll never settle for a glass phone with a notch, that fore sure ;)

13. nkhl_rjsh
    Froyo Apr 23, 2018

nkhl_rjsh , Apr 23, 2018 :
    70 prototypes???
    Why don't you just come out clean and say that we did what OPPO told us to do, and basically have the same phone as the R15 with slight modifications.
    “OnePlus 6's glass design is centered around creating a ’sense of value’ and ‘premium hand-feel. '"
    Bullshit. The only one to get value is YOU, by not having to invest in any sort of R&D. Your Mom and Dad aka" Oppo and Vivo" give you orders to follow.
    Honest industrial design. What a load of crap.

14. S_Himanshu
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2018

S_Himanshu , Apr 23, 2018 :
    I still prefer metal or sandstone... glass means "fragile", more "costly" to repair and "slippery". In all, a glass back is not an good idea.

And yes...that annoying notch....

fahad_maniar, meatandy, kaihp and 2 others like this.
  15. Interview_Tech
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 23, 2018

meatandy and Roman_999 like this.
  16. CrownedSusanoo
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2018

CrownedSusanoo , Apr 23, 2018 :
    Having now read the article, sandstone > glass.[/QUOTE]
    Correct me if I'm wrong about a post not so long ago. But didn't it say that they would prefer not to implement wireless charging with their phones seeing as dash charge cables are much faster? In which, I am inclined to agree. Dash charge is one of the most, If not, The fastest charging I have ever seen in a smartphone in my entire life. I think the post was about Samsung's/Apple's wireless charging pad and why they chose not to implement wireless charging/charging pads of their own.

G_Rohan_Reznor_Froa likes this.
  17. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 23, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Apr 23, 2018 :
    Such a shame :(

TheRealGamer likes this.
  18. RaviJedia
    Cupcake Apr 23, 2018

RaviJedia , Apr 23, 2018 :
    I am eagerly waiting for it. Kindly release the phone as soon as possible. I can't wait anymore.

19. doom71
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2018

kaihp likes this.
  20. Dexxagon
    Honeycomb Apr 23, 2018

Dexxagon , Apr 23, 2018 :
    head phones jack.??