Our Global Call: #NoPhoneDay

1. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Mar 1, 2019

David Y. , Mar 1, 2019 :
    NPD-EU.png

Hi everyone,

The more advanced, powerful and intelligent our smartphones are, the more irreplaceable they become. Communication, videos, music, shopping, workout regimens, dating, healthcare, gaming - everything is available through the small slab living in your hand.

All of this comes at a price. We’re worn down by a constant bombardment of alerts and notifications - memes, ads, suggested videos and everything in between - weighing us down. It’s easy to forget there’s a world beyond our phones.

It’s time to take the power back, with #NoPhoneDay - a day to switch off your smartphone.

OnePlus believes that a device should fit seamlessly into your life, no matter what you want from it. This creates the most positive user experience. We believe in a truly “burdenless user experience”. Our community tells us time and time again that they want a OnePlus device to feel flexible, light, and above all fast. This means the phone functions just the way you expect it to, without lag or disturbances. It means a focus on beauty in simplicity, with no unnecessary features added. That’s why we have features like our 3-way alert slider, that lets you control whether your device distracts you at the flick of a switch. Or simply flip it over to mute it.

It’s vital that we understand how to use our phones meaningfully and responsibly. So, tomorrow, we’ll be marking #NoPhoneDay. Along with National Day of Unplugging, a global call to switch off from technology for the day, we urge you to spend the day prioritizing the offline life that we all too easily neglect. We’ll be doing the same - don’t expect to hear from us for the whole day!

So, we want to hear from you today on how we can continue chasing our goal of providing a burdenless user experience. Suggest a feature or improvement HERE that will help you switch off from your phone when you need to and enabling a more meaningful relationship with your phone.

Good luck!

2. Huigiebaby
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2019

3. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Mar 1, 2019

AnonymousWP , Mar 1, 2019 :
    Uhh yeah, no :p. Will you pay me for this day then? Since I will miss calls from customers and colleagues? :p

4. Mahbub DU
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2019

Mahbub DU , Mar 1, 2019 :
    Great Initiative as we really make ourselves away from FnF and the things we are used to have about 15 years ago...

Just make yourself free from yech life for 1 day and feel the Warm

Akki0788 and VincentAbee like this.
  5. Moin2200
    KitKat Mar 1, 2019

Moin2200 , Mar 1, 2019 :
    Digital wellbeing would be nice.
    Being able to see how many times you open the phone and what apps have the most attention gives the user more focus on how to deal with less phone use.

6. artloverjv
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 1, 2019

7. tushar.gaikwad
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2019

tushar.gaikwad , Mar 1, 2019 :
    I have done it for a couple of days. Your friends may not talk to you easily after you get back to your phone [e]1f602[/e]

Instead of no phone, don't use any Wifi or Mobile Internet for a day.. and experience the difference.

HelvecioPereira and RomeoD like this.
  8. abs_olute1
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2019

abs_olute1 , Mar 1, 2019 :
    Sometimes you may need to use your phone to do an activity such as use Google maps. Think the approach should be more when you don't need to use it, don't use it. Rather than a complete switch off. May get more engagement that way

Starcommander likes this.
  9. script
    Nougat Moderator Mar 1, 2019

script , Mar 1, 2019 :
    David,

This is one great initiative. I have very often recognized that I'm addicted to my phone and being online. And I must force myself to place it in a distance longer than my arm length.

One spontaneous idea came to my mind. I need to be available for phone calls all the time, but I don't need the notifications and useless alerts 24/7.

Maybe a function could be implemented that automatically checks for notifications only once every hour, once every two hours. This way, besides phone calls, my phone would be silent for 59 or 119 minutes in a row, and I could do my things and start to recreate my offline life. Not only for 1 day.

As I said, a spontaneous idea.

Now I will lay down my phone three meters away from me and will not check it for at least 1 hour.

10. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 1, 2019

meatandy , Mar 1, 2019 :
    How about 1000 raffle points for a proven 24 hour power nap ? :p just say when...

11. Luís_Henriques
    Donut Mar 1, 2019

12. dionisdei
    Froyo Mar 1, 2019

dionisdei , Mar 1, 2019 :
    might be tempted on any other day, but tomorrow is my birthday, so I'm expecting lots of over the phone greetings, especially from my sister who lives abroad. but I can make it up by limiting my social media usage over the next few days. keep close to your love ones and have a great weekend!

13. Never Subtle

Never Subtle , Mar 1, 2019 :
    I already spend 6 or 7 hours a day not using my phone, but when the alarm goes off, business requires that I have a phone. So I won't be taking part.

buntycubal likes this.
  14. Venky61
    Jelly Bean Mar 1, 2019

Venky61 , Mar 1, 2019 :
    Technically I have been following this from the day I joined in my job :p With "No Phones Allowed" rule, I have the power with myself :D :p

buntycubal and cdnfarmer like this.
  15. Jacob_DK

Jacob_DK , Mar 1, 2019 :
    Eh... no. Won't happen. I use my phone to achieve certain goals in my life. Every day. I'm not going to break these routines because of this. My social life works perfectly fine with my phone.

buntycubal and David Y. like this.
  16. Rob Hilton
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2019

17. F_Alingal_Dilshad_csIq
    Cupcake Mar 1, 2019

18. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Mar 1, 2019

buntycubal likes this.
  19. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Mar 1, 2019

Cheetosdust , Mar 1, 2019 :
    So… no one is going to take this opportunity to make the joke:

“I use a OnePlus device. With all these bugs, everyday is a #NoPhoneDay for me”?

I mean, I’m not going to make that joke, nope, not me, but someone could do that. ;)

20. Sriharsha Koduru
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2019

Sriharsha Koduru , Mar 1, 2019 :
    Features something like digital well-being or something new built into oxygen is would be nice to add and useful too. As you rightly said phone should add on to focus and should not be a device of distraction from our primary goals