Our Pursuit of Burdenless Speed

1. F_Saju_Raveendran_JrZK Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2018

F_Saju_Raveendran_JrZK, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Front camera portrait mode wil do....

2. sahejad Froyo Apr 3, 2018

sahejad, Apr 3, 2018 :
    There are many reasons to brought op5 but for me camera was the one. I bought just because of camera quality. But after recent updates camera quality is getting poor and poor. Many people are complaint. Still there is no any updates for camera quality. It's good for company to launch new phone at every 5 to 6 months span. But at the same time it should not forget the old customer. It feels a very disappointed when 14k phone has better camera quality.

3. F_Saju_Raveendran_JrZK Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2018

F_Saju_Raveendran_JrZK, Apr 3, 2018 :
    One plus missing Factors are Water Resistance and Wireless charging

4. F_Tony_Garcia_Hernandez_ Cupcake Apr 3, 2018

F_Tony_Garcia_Hernandez_, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Yo estoy deseando que salga para comprarlo, tengo el 5t y que maravilla de movil,este se lo daré a mi mujer que tiene un BQ y ya os comentaré la cara que se le quedará cuando pruebe este,un saludo a todos

5. mnmohitrocks Gingerbread Apr 3, 2018

mnmohitrocks, Apr 3, 2018 :
    when oneplus pays the community guys too

6. rawatraghav001 Donut Apr 3, 2018

rawatraghav001, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Just keep a check on prices, please!
    Eagerly waiting for OP6, and I don't want my plans ruined because of hefty price tag

7. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Apr 3, 2018

Cheetosdust, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Fo shure.

Now, have you seen where I left the keys to my Ferrari? It was a present from Carl and I don't want to miss the fourth one.

8. Alexx_mipt Froyo Apr 3, 2018

Alexx_mipt, Apr 3, 2018 :
    I think speed is not the most concerning issue now with OnePlus phones, I think battery issues & camera issues are most important right now to handle. And if rumours are correct and price will be arounf 700$ then it will be very hard to call OP6 the Flagship Killer.

otrobruno likes this.
  9. RogerF81 Honeycomb Apr 3, 2018

RogerF81, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Definitely a nice writing, and surely a better explanation than the one for the notch ;) Espacially 256GB of storage are amazing. But still, I have to agree to others who have replied here: My OP5 is already fast enough, though there are still people who are complaining, but I guess there always will be such people. With the OP6, this won't be different I guess. But hopefully, the software and the camera will improve a lot, these would be the most important things in my opinion.

otrobruno likes this.
  10. harshrockz Gingerbread Apr 3, 2018

harshrockz, Apr 3, 2018 :
    rather than copying the in-famous notch, you should have the basic need of what a phone should have - water proof n dust proof...

otrobruno likes this.
  11. mnmohitrocks Gingerbread Apr 3, 2018

mnmohitrocks, Apr 3, 2018 :
    sure you can troll the hell outta me....but i dont see even a 0.1% of the community's population complainin about the fluidity ...OOS experience or app open-up times....honestly i used an opo till last month since i upgraded to my 5t....i swesr to the holy god...i dont see any difference between their performances ..

Aman Singh gurjar and otrobruno like this.
  12. ashhad kamal Eclair Apr 3, 2018

ashhad kamal, Apr 3, 2018 :
    We are satisfied with the speed of 5 & 5t but all we need is improvement in camera n image processing if this gone right then I'm in for the OnePlus 6 too.. as I'm a loyal fan from oneplus 3 and also changing my friends and relatives mind to switch to oneplus..

otrobruno likes this.
  13. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 3, 2018

youbi, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Fixed. :p :D

Now a bit more serious, as long as Oneplus keeps focusing on the essential things, and avoids filling the phone with things just to say they have it, they will be among the fastest ones. Because we all know that having the same engine while puling a semi truck full of bloatware is different of pulling a small and light sports car.

Less can definitely feel more. :)

Damonp87, pa5t1s, Dresa91 and 3 others like this.
  14. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Apr 3, 2018

Cheetosdust, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Did you read what I wrote?

I mentioned the OP3 and the OP5T. And if you read other threads, I mentioned several times that the OP3 is still a great performer - a great performer since day one.

Moses_Camelo30, meatandy and Dresa91 like this.
  15. m4rcel Eclair Apr 3, 2018

m4rcel, Apr 3, 2018 :
    For me the most important thing is touch latency. This is what I love in Apple devices.

8GB of RAM and 250GB of storage for me is useless. I never spend more money for this configuration.

16. GuitarHero0179 Jelly Bean Apr 3, 2018

17. airiartev Jelly Bean Apr 3, 2018

G_plusone, pa5t1s and Dresa91 like this.
  18. pratikdoshit Gingerbread Apr 3, 2018

pratikdoshit, Apr 3, 2018 :
    It's not only about how fast a phone can be. All phones are these days..! There are other features too which matters now a days like camera, battery life, software features..!

Dont need more faster phone than we already have.Period.

19. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Apr 3, 2018

youbi, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Fixed. ;) Because we all know that everyone has different priorities. :p What to you may feel essential others may simply don't care about it. :p

And selling a phone is mainly about trying to give what the most while still selling it at a price most will be willing to pay.

Lets wait and see if this time we will have some things done in different ways. :)

pa5t1s, meatandy and Dresa91 like this.
  20. AdrianFischer Gingerbread Apr 3, 2018

AdrianFischer, Apr 3, 2018 :
    I dont care too much about so much storage, who needs that anyways? I'm on OnePlus 3T with 64 GB storage and I use like 60-70% of it with alot of photos and videos on it. It's totally fine, I even could put some of my videos on my computer to gain more storage. I think more than 128 GB is just unnecessary and overkill.
    Oneplus should improve on battery life by increasing battery size (battery cap actually DECREASED from OP3T to OP5T!!!) so this is just ridiculous to shrink the battery size while claiming it's the better phone. Sure the SoC have been improved and are more power-efficient than before but that doesn't mean we have to level out the battery life gain by removing battery cap. There's so many cheaper phones with more battery capacity than OnePlus' phones...
    And the fingerprint sensor shouldn't be on the back. So many people complained about it and if I want to buy yet another phone with it on the back, there's plenty of alternatives out there. The reason why I chose my OnePlus 3T was that it has fingerprint sensor + home button combined in the front. That makes it so useful when laying on the table and who wants to reach on the back anyways? Just an unpractical temporary solution while in-display-fingerprint readers aren't ready for market - or are they? (See Vivo's new phone)
    And finally the price tag, why does it increase so much over the years. OnePlus used to be a flagship killer because it offered flagship specs for like half of the price than other OEMs. Now that I can get a Samsung flagship for like 500-600 Euro some months after the release I don't see a reason anymore that justifies OnePlus pricing that stays constant throughout the whole lifetime of the product.
    Maybe you guys consider my points, maybe its not yet too late for the OP6 mass production...

m-newland, Damonp87, meatandy and 3 others like this.