Our Pursuit of Burdenless Speed

1. TheRealGamer KitKat Apr 3, 2018

TheRealGamer, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Just thinking if my decision of 5T was good or not ?

2. Aziz_Amin_Oneplus Jelly Bean Apr 3, 2018

Aziz_Amin_Oneplus, Apr 3, 2018 :
    My 5t is fast as hell but main part where it is be concerned is the Camera department, if that would be better then we would not have any problems.

3. FallenAngel_86 Froyo Apr 3, 2018

FallenAngel_86, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Speed really @Pete?!

Stop worrying about speed and start worrying about realiabity... I got an OP TWO!!! And with the right OS it still gives me no lag and it's very fast .. even in games.. Thank's to the great OPT community i'm running Android Oreo AOSiP 8.1 on it and the phone is still great!

Start giving user's what they really want. SUPPORT for their devices. Fast support not one or two updates a year but MONTHLY updates.

Personnaly i don't give a damn about the camera.. but I do give a damn about realiability and that's where you should never settle.. because unfortunately you have settled..a long time ago...

EDIT: btw.. stop following stupid trends... make your own...(notch ofc)

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018

paulkuijper and piccionel like this.
  4. izzykasha KitKat Apr 3, 2018

izzykasha, Apr 3, 2018 :
    I can only echo what others have said above me.

Rather than speed, of which oneplus have trailblazer with the OP5/5T really we need more updates, faster security and OS updates.

Make the camera point and shoot idiot proof so they don't have to go into pro mode or download another app to run the camera, concentrate on the basics

5. izzykasha KitKat Apr 3, 2018

izzykasha, Apr 3, 2018 :

Cheetosdust

Hello @Pete

I know you probably won’t read this message, but I’ll write it here anyway.

I may not agree with the design of a product, I may not agree with some features, however, this right here is the reason I keep buying OnePlus devices.

The OnePlus 3 and now the OnePlus 5T are perfect examples of a performance that can meet my need as a consumer. Sure, the S8+ is more beautiful, however, it’s when I use the phone that I understand it every single time - not having to deal with any lag, not having to wait, not having to “justify” internally why my purchase is rigged with bloatware.

We discussed the screen, we discussed every aspect of the phone, sure, but for me, and I know different users have different needs, the speed is what I’m looking for.

So, as long as the OnePlus 6 continues that, OnePlus as a brand will continue to be my choice.

I hope you know what your users and fans want. Keep OxygenOS stock, keep it snappy in the 12th month as it was out of the box, keep making great performers.

You can justify the notch, you can justify almost everything. They day you, OnePlus, try to justify why your phones aren’t among the best performers, is the day I’ll be worried.

Bring it. “Qualcomm[e]00ae[/e] Snapdragon[e]2122[/e] 845 paired with up to 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage”. It seems I’ll be fine.​

rememebr Pete's assistant is available to answer questions so maybe if a list was out together we may get a line into Pete and some answers? But I don't suggest we all do this one list would be good

meatandy likes this.
  6. SahilQureshi Honeycomb Apr 3, 2018

SahilQureshi, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Your devices are as fast as they should be. But camera quality, real stable updates are what you need to focus at this time.

otrobruno likes this.
  7. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Apr 3, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Apr 3, 2018 :
    While I do understand that you can't rely on the community's opinion on business related matters, the notch was neither required, nor is it here to stay. The community would have overwhelmingly voted against the notch, if you had seeked our opinion.

I remember the advertising campaign used for the Pixel 2. They kept it simple and focused on the important things people look for in a phone and how the new Pixel would address all those. When the whole industry was shifting to dual cameras, including OnePlus, they went with a single camera which also turned out to be the best camera in a smartphone in various metrics.

That said, OnePlus should, in my opinion, adopt a similar approach that focused on what people really want. In 2018, these would be:

1. A great display (QHD+)
    2. A great camera
    3. Water resistance (IP68)
    4. Wireless charging
    5. A proper update process that is both fast (like Nokia is today) and properly designed so as to not screw up the user experience as well as hardware like camera.

With a smaller focus area and a greater emphasis on excelling at the basics, there is an increasing likelihood of success in the market (which is now full of notched phones, so a notch-less premium device should be in demand).

All the best!

8. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Apr 3, 2018

Cheetosdust, Apr 3, 2018 :
    "OnePlus 6 so far is confirmed to have Snapdragon 845, 8GB of RAM, 256GB of storage, a huge display with a notch and likely dual cameras.

… In other words, this phone’s bout to be expensive "

When MKBHD starts to anticipate the hike in price.

pa5t1s, meatandy and Dresa91 like this.
  9. G_adel_shaikh_Bxmt Gingerbread Apr 3, 2018

G_adel_shaikh_Bxmt, Apr 3, 2018 :

dsmonteiro

To be honest, nowadays, the only speed I care about is the time the updates take to reach me. Phones are already fast enough as they are.

I have zero complaints about OnePlus 5T's speed.​

Honestly I agree with you.. My nearly 2 year old OnePlus 3 is also is fast and smooth as butter... be it playing games or surfing the internet.... what's worrying me is that stable updates are not fast enough... Like 8.1 hasn't hit the OP3 even in open betas yet... so it would be much better if you guys now focus a bit more on software support... Hardware's always top notch in your phones ....

SahilQureshi likes this.
  10. rradhak1 Donut Apr 3, 2018

rradhak1, Apr 3, 2018 :
    the Razer phone is slow buddy, it's slower than the 5t

11. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Apr 3, 2018

idkwhoiam322, Apr 3, 2018 :
    I don't think there's anything wrong with the display, I've used an s8+ for quite a while, and I don't notice any difference unless you put it side by side.
    Wireless charging is overrated as well and is not possible with a metal phone, and from the leaks, they could be going back to swap style covers, which should again not make it possible. I agree with 2,3, and 5 though.

12. G_Sai_Raina_syku Jelly Bean Apr 3, 2018

G_Sai_Raina_syku, Apr 3, 2018 :
    I think their stand is pretty clear in regards to wireless charging so I think that thing would not be added soon.
    1080P is good for battery and display is sharp(until put next to QHD display or used for VR)
    IP67/IP68 would be a great addition
    But I think faster and better updates with great camera(if not among the best) would be amazing

13. Twittytommy Cupcake Apr 3, 2018

Twittytommy, Apr 3, 2018 :
    I'm very excited about the OP6 but I hope the rumors about the price hike are wrong. I will be upgrading from the OP3 at a 40% price increase if they are true

14. G_Sai_Raina_syku Jelly Bean Apr 3, 2018

G_Sai_Raina_syku, Apr 3, 2018 :
    That 120Hz display is soo good you could drool over it for days.

Baymax likes this.
  15. malidan Marshmallow Apr 3, 2018

malidan, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Does this mean another 1700 bugs to resolve over the course of 2018?
    I guess ramping up to 100% cpu is not enough and now overclocking will be deployed.

16. Radeon962 KitKat Apr 3, 2018

Radeon962, Apr 3, 2018 :
    All of the current and upcoming flagships have more than enough power and speed and really are overkill for 95% of the population.

Improve the camera experience as it has been the Achilles Heel since the OnePlus One. Hardware has been decent but software /processing has been disappointing.

Think point and shoot to capture life as it happens.

If I want to use Pro mode, tripod, staging, etc. I'll take a picture with my DSLR. I want a camera that you pull out of your pocket, open the camera, take the picture and move on and be confident that you got a great picture.

17. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan Lollipop Apr 3, 2018

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan, Apr 3, 2018 :
    I am not saying there is anything wrong with the display. I am saying there is nothing outstanding about it. I have said before, and I am saying it again - if you use the S8/ S8+/ Note 8 for a couple of hours, and then immediately get back to OnePlus display, there is a noticeable (and disappointing) difference. this is same like driving a Merc for a few days and then shifting to a Maruti. you will 'feel' the difference instantly.

it is okay if they don't provide wireless charging this year. but it is definitely a convenience feature and people would have preferred having it over a notch.

malidan, meatandy and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  18. idkwhoiam322 Marshmallow Apr 3, 2018

idkwhoiam322, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Considering I myself have reported 25+ in just 3 months, it wouldn't surprise me :p

malidan, meatandy and Dresa91 like this.
  19. otrobruno Froyo Apr 3, 2018

otrobruno, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Give me #1 and #2 without notch and I'll buy the OP6 no matter what

20. Baymax Starting Point Expert Apr 3, 2018

Baymax, Apr 3, 2018 :
    Um. No it isn't. I own both devices. The Razer Phone is the fastest device I've ever used.

malidan, pa5t1s, meatandy and 2 others like this.