2. Tejas.11_
    Gingerbread May 9, 2021

McJader likes this.
  3. sritejkoduru
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 9, 2021

4. SRD.
    Lollipop May 9, 2021

SRD. , via OnePlus 7T , May 9, 2021 :
    I don't know I have said it or not, I Loooooooove your writing skills @Cheetosdust.

So nicely written, it seems like I just keep on reading.

@dsmonteiro , is having a Non serious role , hmmm.
    I have a lot of respect for David, and it's in an increasing trend. I know he sometimes ignore my DMs.

What is your future plan in life ??? What do you want to build if there is complete wisdom ???

5. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 9, 2021

dsmonteiro , May 9, 2021 :
    No questions there.

What I meant was that I never felt those things we necessary for me to feel fulfilled. But I'd be lying if I said I don't prefer working for OnePlus over my any of my past work experiences.

That's a tricky question to answer to. I feel like I feel part of OnePlus for the longest time. It was my decision to help out with the Community as a mod, expert, and whatever other things I've done in the past. So, in that regard, I chose OnePlus without ever really expecting anything in return.

Getting to work for OnePlus, though, was a combination of a series of unfortunate events, followed by a few very fortunate ones.

After the company I worked for as a technical manager went bankrupt (right before my wedding), @Adam Krisko challenged me to work with him for a Shenzhen-based marketing company. I was very close to sign but the whole thing fell through at the last minute due to some internal changes at the company.

@David Y., still Community Manager at the point, asked me "If you're willing to work for a Shenzhen-based company, why not be part of the Community team instead?"

The rest, as they say, is history. Detailed enough? 😅

6. T1595425633115
    Donut May 9, 2021

7. dsmonteiro

It's a modded Keychron K8 keyboard, with Kaihl Navy Blue BOX switches and a really nice set of PBT keycaps. It had some getting used to involved, as the keys are quite heavy to press, but once I got used to it I got the feeling of never wanting to go back.

8. McJader
    Marshmallow May 9, 2021

McJader , May 9, 2021 :
    Yes, and very interesting too;):)

9. dsmonteiro

Not too surprising, considering I wrote the replies... 😂

See, @Cheetosdust, I also have some roasting in me.

Cheetosdust, KaranRIyer, SRD. and 4 others like this.
  10. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 May 9, 2021

YRJ , May 9, 2021 :
    I meant I loved everything except that :rolleyes: :D

Kidding aside, you got a way with words not too surprising. Speaking of which, how do you get so good at English, considering it isn't your first language?

Cheetosdust, KaranRIyer, SRD. and 3 others like this.
  11. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2021

Girish.Pranav , May 9, 2021 :
    Wait I thought it was orange before, wasn't it?

Cheetosdust and Dresa91 like this.
  12. dsmonteiro

Those were the original ABS keycaps. 😉

13. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean May 9, 2021

14. T1595425633115
    Donut May 9, 2021

T1595425633115 , via OnePlus 8T , May 9, 2021 :
    Thanks. I'll take a look

Cheetosdust and KaranRIyer like this.
  15. Cakepips
    User of the Year 2020 May 9, 2021

Cakepips , via OnePlus 7T Pro , May 9, 2021 :
    Great thread @Cheetosdust & @dsmonteiro ☺️

Same.
    I always find listening to music is my ultimate distraction/brain filler (good way). It's been a great help during the multiple lockdowns and furloughs.

Though recently going down the relaxing/lo-fi music atm whilst working. I've found out that it seems to calm my stress mess at work. It's almost like listening to music helps dial my mood...

(Tech note: Sony MDR-ZX220BT wireless stereo headset is a constant attachment atm. Music note: BBC radio 1 recently launched a relaxing station. Slightly repeats but it's nice one.)

A good clicky keyboard goes along way.
    *Nods*

Vinyls have been a utter pain to buy atm due to covid btw... Patience to those who buy them.

Being in three lockdowns (UK), I understand this. Though I'm more introvert than a social bee... I still feel the need to interaction though.

Not going to lie, It's been hard to express and explain why you can't do what you could do before/go to a place/ 'meet up'... I live with a vulnerable person and not alot of people understand that situation. My first vac is somewhere in July - September too so for what feels like the first time, I'm also having to stand my ground for myself in a situation that doesn't want to adapt/understand.

(Note: it's ok to say no if you don't feel comfortable in something.)

It really isn't the same... Video calls are just awkward or the ones I've been on have felt this way... Disconnected despite being connected.

16. atenaa
    KitKat May 9, 2021

atenaa , May 9, 2021 :
    Wow! I wasn't expecting such detailed answer! 😃 ☺️
    Thank you so much for your trust! 😉

A great weekend! 🙂

17. Harshmojidra123
    Donut May 9, 2021

18. McJader
    Marshmallow May 9, 2021

McJader , May 9, 2021 :
    This is off-topic here. This thread is about a community member's non-work life.
    To answer your question: When shooting videos or clicking pictures in direct sunlight for some time, your device will heat up. The flash is disabled to stop further heating.

19. Harshmojidra123
    Donut May 9, 2021

Harshmojidra123 , via OnePlus 9R , May 9, 2021 :
    Bro I am in my home and when i start recording video when temperature is just 35 c and when I start video recording in home just 1 minutes after flash light is disabled

20. KaranRIyer
    KitKat May 9, 2021

KaranRIyer , May 9, 2021 :
    Nice thread @Cheetosdust. But with lockdown and stuff also being a very active staff i guess @dsmonteiro doesnt stay away much from community.
    But nice to put a spot light on a Famous Member of Community 😏.
    P.S. i always misspell your nick name.. Im sure mine would be the same to you

Btw how did you come about working here. Or would that be a different thread altogether?? @dsmonteiro I should read the replies first i guess.

But Cheers to being a Community Consultant ✌️.

Last edited: May 9, 2021

SRD., Cheetosdust, atenaa and 2 others like this.