Out the [Office] Door: Spotlighting David Monteiro’s nonwork life

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member May 9, 2021

dsmonteiro , May 9, 2021 :
    I have the 1000XM2, mostly for when I travel or work outside my home (office). Great purchase, but now that I use my open-back AKG K701 on a daily basis, I feel like Sony's headphones are a bit too bassy and definitely have a narrower soundstage.
    Still, you can't really compare open-back headphones that you can only use in quiet environments with noise-cancelling headphones that are meant to be used in the totally opposite situation.

I don't have pet bees (yet)! I do have two cats at my apartment. They aren't technically mine, but they live with me and the wife because they require regular medical care and/or are not fit to be outside.

IMG_20201106_184901205.jpg IMG_20200719_004836.jpg

I currently have a third cat, but only temporarily, also for medical care. She will be returned to my in-laws.

I do love dogs, but I have no way of having one right now. I'll get one as soon as I move to a place with a yard.

Bluetooth is kinda useless but it tracks your brushing habits. I didn't really buy it for it, though.

FLAC is overkill for me. I know audiophiles will hate me for it, but there are diminishing returns in going from 320kbps MP3 files which already sound great, to FLAC or DSD.

I have others, but this is my main one:

This one is mostly Soul, R&B and related genres, with a few dashes of Indie.

I'll say this: I'm not leaving my day job anytime soon, but I nearly paid off my GPU. Still have conflicting feelings about the energy wasted in the process, even if it's just the equivalent of two incandescent lightbulbs.

SRD., Cheetosdust, KaranRIyer and 3 others like this.
  2. McJader
    Marshmallow May 9, 2021

McJader , May 9, 2021 :
    That's a lot.
    Nice.

3. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 9, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , May 9, 2021 :
    That's a cutee cat (flexing the keyboard, huh 😏)

Well....it pays back...patience and luck is reqd.
    Great...
    I prefer orchestral music 😬 with one exception -

Let me summon @Oreo. here 😂
    I bought a 8GB ram stick for my laptop from dat....but then left everything, servers were shut down and exchange forbidden on my platform

4. Oreo.
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 9, 2021

Oreo. , May 9, 2021 :
    I'm here! FLAC supporter is summoned. Well it's hard to identify the difference these days but having knowledge of lossy data compression and having sufficient storage capacity, I would love to have FLAC rather than missing bits in MP3.

Adding to that, I would prefer downloaded tracks than any streaming service. Unreliable internet can easily seperate me from my favourite music 😭.

5. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert May 9, 2021

6. derLenno
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 9, 2021

derLenno , via OnePlus 9 Pro , May 9, 2021 :
    Have you ever fallen in love with yourself when you looked in the mirror you handsome handsome man???

7. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 May 9, 2021

Mr. BG , May 9, 2021 :
    Nope, won't hate you.

Years ago there was a double blind test at my favourite audioshop here, hi res MP3 vs FLAC vs SACD.

Many, if not all, including good old me, couldn't really tell what was what, since then I can't be bothered to need loads of storage for FLAC files..

Since I can't hear it (anymore) I'm fine with MP3.

Also Spotify Premium lets you download your favourite stuff..

SRD., Cheetosdust, dsmonteiro and 3 others like this.

9. KaranRIyer
    KitKat May 9, 2021

KaranRIyer , May 9, 2021 :
    Shots fired 🔫🔫

Dresa91 likes this.
  10. McJader
    Marshmallow May 9, 2021

McJader , May 9, 2021 :
    :rolleyes:

11. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 9, 2021

Dresa91 and KaranRIyer like this.
  12. Oreo.
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 9, 2021

Oreo. , May 9, 2021 :
    Well keeping an additional app to get it downloaded ultimately, sounds like a task. That's just personal choice. I put every music up for a challenge round, if it can move past that I add it to my playlist. :)

I'm fine with MP3 too because not all music is available in FLAC right away. Though I prefer all soundtracks to be in FLAC! 🔥😄

TibiTibi, McJader and Dresa91 like this.
  13. Yash Pratap Singh.
    KitKat May 9, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , May 9, 2021 :
    You should hear to Ludwig Göransson...my favorite artist...I prefer my music without lyrics, though there are a few exceptions

Oreo. and Dresa91 like this.
  14. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 May 9, 2021

Mr. BG , May 9, 2021 :
    Careful Kiddo.. o_O

[​IMG]

SRD., atenaa, Cheetosdust and 4 others like this.
  15. Oreo.
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 10, 2021

Oreo. , May 10, 2021 :
    Damn! His works in Venom OST is phenomenal. I do listen to his compositions ❤️💯

Dresa91 likes this.
  16. Oreo.
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 10, 2021

18. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert May 10, 2021

Cheetosdust , May 10, 2021 :
    My pleasure. Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions and to hang around with the inquisitive minds. :cool:

I don't think I ever mentioned it, but I also have a tiny FiiO, the E10K Olympus 2. Bought it for my M50X. ;)

Many thanks, the plan is to have a series, like it was mentioned. Same questions, different guests, different answers, different intros and conclusions. ;)

Pretty sure @dsmonteiro is going to give a poor excuse, like he's now supporting Leixões or something like that. :rolleyes:

The truth is: he's rooting for the ball, hehe. :p

SRD., atenaa, Helder_DAlmeida and 4 others like this.
  19. Helder_DAlmeida
    Marshmallow May 10, 2021

Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T , May 10, 2021 :
    Hehehe 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Dresa91 and Cheetosdust like this.
  20. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert May 10, 2021

Cheetosdust , May 10, 2021 :
    Hehe, muito obrigado for your kind words - and many thanks for reading it. :)

I have no idea what this means, it was a pleasure being interviewed by @Cheetosdust! Oh dammit, signed-in with the wrong acc... I kid, I kid. I cannot stress this enough: I am not @dsmonteiro as I am a good person, hehe. :p

Hope you are doing the best you can, my dear Pikachi. Stay strong and safe, my friend. ;)

I believe he typed that while being chased by bees. :rolleyes::D