Outlook on OnePlus phones via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. gopalcoolrahul , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 23, 2021 :
    This has been an ongoing issue with Outlook sync and Outlook crashing on OnePlus phones for draining battery.

Is there a permanent fox for it ? Or still a bug lying around ? do anyone have a workaround?

2. Sheppards
    Jelly Bean Apr 23, 2021

Sheppards , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 23, 2021 :
    I have been using outlook for years, I've had around 2 crashes during those years
    What crashes are you taking about?
    About battery draining: sometimes I get a warning that outlook is draining the battery, usually when I just charged the phone and stats are reset, and syncing my mails. Most likely doesn't mean anything. as I have really good battery life regardless
    Also, what does OnePlus have to do with a Microsoft app?

TheMystic likes this.
  3. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 23, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 23, 2021 :
    I've have Outlook installed for my 2 work related mail addresses. So far not been causing any issues.
    Since you moved to the new phone have you wiped the Outlook app data and started re-added the accounts? In my case 2 Office 365 accounts.

TheMystic likes this.
  4. TheMystic
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2021

TheMystic , Apr 23, 2021 :
    Which account is configured in Outlook? Microsoft Account or something else like Google, Yahoo, etc.?

5. gopalcoolrahul , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 23, 2021 :
    The outlook sync has been an issue with OnePlus 9 pro since the day I have started using it..to sync I have to restart the phone everytime.
    The battery issue error pops up nearly 10 times a day even though am not using the app in the front end and it's running in background.
    Yes I did do a clean install and wiping out completely in my old phone.
    it's my company's email id I am using

6. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 23, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Stellar Black , Apr 23, 2021 :
    The type of account and sync options available to that type of account may be relevant.
    You can always report it to Oneplus via the feedback tool.

View attachment 1590642
    But don't forget about Microsoft. It could be a certain combination that triggers something.

7. J.e.F
    Gingerbread Apr 23, 2021

J.e.F , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Apr 23, 2021 :
    I've also been using Outlook on a 5T, just moved to 9 pro, and no issue to report.
    Battery draining: I get notifications that the Enterprise Portal is draining the battery (additional app for prof account authentication and syncing). However no real draining observed.