overheating rubbish -_-

1. Methiri
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 21, 2015

Methiri , Aug 21, 2015 :
    @mwayner

That's exactly my point. Many owners have a problem of some sort or another. There's no conspiracy, they are freely telling us on these forums. Of the people that have reported owning one, far more people have some sort of problem than have a perfectly working device. If you believe otherwise, great, I hope if you get one and it works out for you.

2. Methiri

Methiri , Aug 21, 2015 :
    For the record I think the overheating issue is the least serious and least reported of the issues. It's certainly not what's stopping me buying the phone.

3. Alvie
    The Lab - OnePlus 5T Reviewer Aug 21, 2015

Alvie , Aug 21, 2015 :
    The wording of the post was a little weird but I understood it the second time. Some people probably have had problems but most haven't and most people would not post unless they had problems.

merewoodbebox likes this.
  4. Poetrycyborg
    Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2015

5. merewoodbebox
    Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2015

merewoodbebox , Aug 21, 2015 :
    yeah sorry, it was done on my phone and my writing skills are poor at best

6. Methiri

Methiri , Aug 21, 2015 :
    Lots of people have given reviews. Some very positive, but in those positive reviews there's often something not quite right, or a small compromise, or something they hope gets improved/fixed. It's not only the out and out problem phones that people are posting about. Check out XDAdevelopers forum for more problem discussions.

7. frinvs

frinvs , Aug 21, 2015 :
    Agreed people should ask someone who actually owns the device, not just posting bad all over the place.

8. ethanviorel
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

9. LeiraSnag
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

LeiraSnag , Aug 21, 2015 :
    Well you could... Y'know... Sell it to uhh... anyone in particular. I mean, your choice.

10. pedro.carreira
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

11. what07
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

what07 , Aug 21, 2015 :
    Pretty much expected results from the OPT tbh. It just proves that this mid tier device can't even perform on a flagship level with a price point to match.Already the processor is underclocked but that looks like it needs another performance drop to stop it from throttling. If only OPT can give us a proper flagship class phone.

12. mydan
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

mydan , Aug 21, 2015 :
    It gets a bit warm I'll admit.... but I say... Who gives a sh*t?! My old iPhone 4 got warm too.
    They say that if bullshit is peddled enough it becomes truth. This is the case for the 810.

13. solleks
    Honeycomb Aug 21, 2015

solleks , Aug 21, 2015 :
    OK so I own the op2 at leat the Chinese 64gb version. Yes I know I should have waited but I couldn't. Plus it works fine on Rogers in Canada including lte and I will never use the dual sim feature like I never used NFC. anyways I have to agree the phone does not over heat like ppl claim it might get warm to the touch but what phone doesn't with moderate to heavy use. I personally have only had it for two days but so far it's been great and I the only thing I regret is I didn't get any invite and had to pay $75 over what I would have paid from OP for a Chinese version. Also hate that I can't find any really good cases yet but by next month will have plenty of case options :)

14. p51d007
    KitKat Aug 21, 2015

p51d007 , Aug 21, 2015 :

[​IMG]

I'm of the opinion, that OnePlus, being nothing but a PAPER company, that doesn't manufacture ANYTHING, is nothing more than a "beta tester" company. They produce items that look exactly like Oppo devices (since they can't build anything without a plant), release them, under the guise of a "startup", using all sorts of viral marketing tricks, low prices in order to gain a rabid fan base. The devices are trickled out, in an attempt to keep the viral marketing fires glowing. Feedback provides the Oppo designers ways to either make the product better or cheaper.
    Once enough feedback is received that the design/build is ok, they release the Oppo version (Find7=OnePlus One, Find9=OnePlus2). So basically, OnePlus users, are nothing more than beta sheep for Oppo.

nexus123 likes this.
  15. merewoodbebox
    Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2015

merewoodbebox , Aug 21, 2015 :
    if you read the post you would know that i didnt say this phone was flawless, i was defending the S810 more than the phone

16. Devestator99
    Honeycomb Aug 21, 2015

Devestator99 , Aug 21, 2015 :
    Dude, please don't say the OP2 is bad becuz you have the Axon. You hear hoe that sounds? Please gtfo. My OP2 works like a charm

17. p51d007
    KitKat Aug 21, 2015

p51d007 , Aug 21, 2015 :
    I know, but that still does not negate my opinion that OnePlus is a beta tester for Oppo... ;)

18. esskayy
    Honeycomb Aug 21, 2015

esskayy , Aug 21, 2015 :
    OP, I completely agree with you...but the wording of your post is somewhat confusing :p The first impression I got was that you think the OnePlus Two is an overheating rubbish. Had to read it twice to see that you were criticising this criticism! But yh, 100% agree with ya...Especially on there being more pressing problems.

19. MrOnePlusLTE
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

MrOnePlusLTE , Aug 21, 2015 :
    no problem with overheating, the phone obviously feels a bit warm if you watch videos or some high graphics game playing, but it feels a little bit warm, doesnt feel like "over heating" or "way too warm" or like it is going to explode.

20. nexus123
    Jelly Bean Aug 21, 2015

nexus123 , Aug 21, 2015 :
    This from PhoneArena 2014.

Ever since Peter Lau left Oppo late last year to start OnePlus, there have been questions about the true ownership of the upstart phone manufacturer. Lau has continually denied that OnePlus is a wholly owned subsidiary of Oppo. And for those who ask why theOnePlus One looks so much like the Oppo Find 7, Lau replied, "perhaps its because our aesthetics standard trends to be similar", and added that "all phone(s) nowadays looks like iPhone."

But a document from the Shenzhen Municipal Market Supervisory Authority (SIPO) files shows that OnePlus has one institutional stockholder and that is (drum roll please) Oppo. OnePlus has tried to keep its marketing edgy by offering the OnePlus One by invitation only. It also has promoted a deal where the first 100 people it selects will get to buy a OnePlus One for just $1 if they smash their current phone on video. As we already told you, some unfortunate souls have already smashed their phones, not realizing that they had to be chosen first by OnePlus.

If it turns out that Oppo is indeed the owner of OnePlus, and Lau's departure from Oppo was staged, there might be a few people who will feel bad having been lied to. But we think that the majority will focus on the phone itself and not even concern themselves with the rest of the story.

merewoodbebox and esskayy like this.