Oxygen 1.0.2 Release with Stagefright security patches

1. rswheaton
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

rswheaton , Aug 14, 2015 :

OK now you go back and read where Google's fix that was released was recalled and did not work. Helen chimed in and said this was correct and they will be working on another update to be released next week. Google has since released a working fix however One Plus will need to prepare it again and send it back out.

pbergonzi likes this.
  2. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

pbergonzi , Aug 14, 2015 :
    While it would be nice to see a changelog, I think nothing's changed except the patch being incorporated. You might be able to file-compare between this ver and OxygenOS 1.

3. Franjo
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2015

4. tautis011
    Gingerbread Aug 14, 2015

5. amwaleed
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

amwaleed , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Thanks it worked ! cheers !

6. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

Thank you. I'd read a little bit of that and just took it for granted this was the proper fix. Also, in the article I found elsewhere and glanced over regarding same, I thought it said it was at least "partly fixed", so is at least better than nothing. In that case, disregard what I said. If nothing else, I got some more practice flashing, and can look forward to even more.

7. rswheaton
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

No worries... I had to re-read it several times myself. I am excited to see that One Plus is still supporting their product. Are you happy with Oxygen? I have flashed back and forth, currently running CM Nightlies. I had really bad battery drain on Oxygen other than that I really liked the overall stock like feel. I am thinking about flashing it again once this is all sorted out.

pbergonzi likes this.
  8. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

@Helen, it might be worth mentioning this in the Original Post. It is too difficult to find submerged in the thread.

9. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

I am enjoying it and feel as if in a small way I am supporting and contributing by using their homegrown OS and the feedback app. I'll grant that CM and COS are marvelous (I kept some wallpapers--don't tell.), however the COS hubris annoyed me, so I left them. Maybe someday I'll get over it. Have had no issues with battery myself, though others have mentioned as you have. Am very much looking forward to OOS2--you know--if it ever makes it to the One.

10. rswheaton
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

Good deal, I agree with your thoughts. I think I might wipe clean and install tonight.

pbergonzi likes this.
  11. Amar_Cool
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 14, 2015

Amar_Cool , Aug 14, 2015 :
    battery is pretty bad, ya, I used to easily get through a day, now If i do anything unusually heavy I have to plug in before the end of the day, but i was having bugs in CM so It was either a buggy phone or bad battery

pbergonzi likes this.
  12. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

But why--it doesn't fix anything. (insert smiley-facetious thing here)
    Have fun with your flash--doing mine made me feel better--and I didn't erase diddly--just flashed it straight over.
    Incidentally, I use Snapdragon Battery Guru, however since it won't install from Play Store in OOS, I backed up the app (with my others) using Titanium Backup and then reinstalled it that way. I "think" it is doing something, but dunno for sure--at the very least, it installed.

13. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

They'll probably switch gears from working 12-hour days to working 13-hour days to try and keep themselves on track. They are nothing if not a hard-working, dedicated bunch.

14. reginaldyee
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2015

pbergonzi likes this.
  15. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

Hey--all you "when will we get 5.1.1?" questioners--that is very different from their having to go out of their way just to provide these interim patches. I think asking here is neither the time nor the place.

16. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

There is no OTA for OOS and probably never will be.
    COS12 will be providing their fix, not OP.
    As for "make new customer..., flash", those who are currently running OOS, and plan to flash OOS patched, are not new customers--they have already flashed OOS, so this is not unfamiliar ground to them.

17. muhtar
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

18. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

You'd find this to be a useful forum if you owned one.

19. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

Yes, of course.

20. reginaldyee
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2015

reginaldyee , Aug 14, 2015 :
    you'd find this useful if you actually owned one

pbergonzi likes this.