Oxygen 1.0.2 Release with Stagefright security patches

1. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

pbergonzi , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Well I suppose so..., actually.

2. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

Oh that's rich--tagging Carl with such a trite question in this post--I'm sure Carl's hopping on that private jet right now to bring you your own personal autographed invite and that OP2.

gsaran88 likes this.
  3. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

You are not being kept in the dark at all--there's relevant information in the channels:
    If you mean, COS--that patch is imminent with the next release of COS, which is controlled by CYNGN. If you are talking about CM, then the nightlies are fixed and all you need to do is check over in the XDA forums, which is where you ought to be checking if you are running CM.

4. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

Could it be Tesla or Apple?

5. winstonsmith
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

winstonsmith , Aug 14, 2015 :
    I have that problem everytime i reboot my phone... No deepsleep at all if i dont make adjustments.
    Greenify is great for apps like facebook and that messenger but for google services i now use: "Disable service" app at the play store.. Just enter google play services (in the app) and uncheck things that are active (those are in blue) :)

6. muhtar
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

7. monckk
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

monckk , Aug 14, 2015 :
    Hey man. Tell me which brand gives this information you are requiring. And i buy one of his phones.

8. Michklomp
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 14, 2015

9. Duus
    Cupcake Aug 14, 2015

10. Deactivated User
    Aug 14, 2015

11. muhtar
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

12. Espada04
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2015

Espada04 , Aug 14, 2015 :
    1.) If you're switching from another rom you just have to use TWRP and flash it. But you will need to do a system wipe.

2.) OOS will probably have OTA enabled in version 2.0 as they need to start supporting it since it comes out of the box for the OnePlus Two. Whether they enable it for 1.0 is a different story. But I don't see why not. Probably not a huge priority for them as porting Version 2.0 for the OPO.

Stagefright is an exploit that targets how MMS is phrased. Most text client automatically loads MMS before without user interaction and thats where the threat comes from. People can upload malicious code in MMS and it gets executed without the user doing anything or even opening the MMS.

pbergonzi and muhtar like this.
  13. Deactivated User
    Aug 14, 2015

pbergonzi likes this.
  14. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

Why do you make a bunch of statements not based in fact, only on your hypothesis?
    Not ALL normal forms of Android use OTA.
    Does my post in any way indicate at all that I am telling you O+2 won't get OTA? OOS will not be on O+2--O+2 will have OOS2, and if search around rather than spout "fucharley" antagonisms, you will find that OTA is expected for OOS2.
    Not having counted or seen any numbers, I can't make any statement about how much customer base they've lost, if any. Maybe you can figure out a way to poll--I don't know if those that are lost will be here to respond, but maybe.

15. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

Gotta read that first post--read fully.

16. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

Yes, you use TWRP. Re-read first post fully.

azeez4901 likes this.
  17. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

This is an odd question too, considering it is in a thread about a vulnerability in OOS.
    Did you think Helen was more likely to answer you here than in a more appropriate thread?
    My sentiment is that she will not answer you anywhere, but I don't know if that's a reflection on one or both of you.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015

18. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

There are threads where people compare OxygenOS.

19. pbergonzi
    KitKat Aug 14, 2015

I think all of your questions have been answered and it requires a little searching, not asking Helen in a thread about a security fix for OOS, things that are addressed in other threads.

20. muhtar
    Eclair Aug 14, 2015

muhtar , Aug 14, 2015 :
    is it normal flashing takes long? waiting 5 minutes already, and it's still loading "Flashing file 1 of 1"
    The loading bar beneeth has not started getting blue..

E: unknown command [wipe data] (this is in red)
    format /system...
    extract the package...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015